Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Big Bang Theory
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Big Bang Theory
 Login/Join

Picture of richscards
posted Hide Post
I cracked a case last night and I have plenty of damaged cards - some boxes at least one to two cards per pack. All the hits are clean, but I have a lot of base cards that will need replacement.

Posts: 178 | Location: SF Bay Area, USA | Registered: August 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just check on the cryptozoic website and they have posted a new image of an oversized wardrobe card containing patches from the 5 main cast. Wonder if these are goin to be like the sheriff badges in the walking dead set.
Anyone have any info on these oversized wardrobe cards?

Posts: 128 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
This will be more than hard to get:

http://www.nsu-magazine.com/a-bigger-bang/

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Soul-on-Fire:

Thanks Sout-On-Fire....I was just about the post that link. Yup, a redemption card for an oversized card with costume material from all five Big Bang Theory leads! I know I want one!

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of watchers of watchers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richscards:
I cracked a case last night and I have plenty of damaged cards - some boxes at least one to two cards per pack. All the hits are clean, but I have a lot of base cards that will need replacement.

Since you jumped the gun opening these a week early I wonder if they will punish you?

Posts: 330 | Location: th,indiana,usa | Registered: June 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TWS:
quote:
Originally posted by DewMan:
If there is a significant difference between the rare and common autos, it's kind of disappointing to see that there might be the possibility of only one or two main cast member autos in a whole case with multiples of the four lesser autos pretty much guaranteed.

Making some assumptions about the relative quantity of rare and uncommon autographs, I am guessing most case breaks will go like this with excellent collation:

2 Brian George
2 Alice Amter
2 John Ross Bowie
2 Courtney Henggeler
1 Kevin Sussman
1 Laurie Metcalf
2 Galecki, Parsons, Cuoco, Helberg, or Nayyar

Nope! Opening cases now.. Looks like one rare autograph per case of the main cast. Lots of Courtney Hennggeler, Brian George and Alice Amter.. Still an awesome release! Also the cards are perfect.. No problems with any damaged cards.

You too I wonder if they will punish those dealers who opened early?

Posts: 330 | Location: th,indiana,usa | Registered: June 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Bouncey My box & binder are on their way Clap

I've been so excited for this set & really liked the promo I got with the latest NSU Big Grin

Like most people I'd love a main cast auto or the superdupersupercalafradalisticexpialidoshis x 5 Wardrobe Redemption card.

I'm just happy that being in the UK I was able to get a hold of this set since I heard Binders were #/500 and boxes #/5000 [= #/500 cases?].

Have been tempted to 'go crazy' and buy my 1st case with this set but with all the talk of auto dupes and the like now I'm not so sure Confused

Still cannot wait Elephant Sheep

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
quote:

Thanks Sout-On-Fire....I was just about the post that link. Yup, a redemption card for an oversized card with costume material from all five Big Bang Theory leads! I know I want one!

just read on another forum that someone has already scored one of the redemptions for the oversized costume cards. my boxes are on the way... hoping one of them also contains a redemption.

Posts: 93 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: July 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
I got my binder today. My case should be here Wednesday.

I can't believe that the first public box break posting I've seen hit a 5 piece wardrobe redemption! Only 24 left to get.

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
since these have been released any has anyone heard numbers on how many cards were signed? Anyone of the main cast sign the least cards? I read that people think Raj maybe the short print?

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Got my binder from Cryptozoic yesterday, great set! Smile Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by watchers of watchers:
quote:
Originally posted by TWS:
quote:
Originally posted by DewMan:
If there is a significant difference between the rare and common autos, it's kind of disappointing to see that there might be the possibility of only one or two main cast member autos in a whole case with multiples of the four lesser autos pretty much guaranteed.

Making some assumptions about the relative quantity of rare and uncommon autographs, I am guessing most case breaks will go like this with excellent collation:

2 Brian George
2 Alice Amter
2 John Ross Bowie
2 Courtney Henggeler
1 Kevin Sussman
1 Laurie Metcalf
2 Galecki, Parsons, Cuoco, Helberg, or Nayyar

Nope! Opening cases now.. Looks like one rare autograph per case of the main cast. Lots of Courtney Hennggeler, Brian George and Alice Amter.. Still an awesome release! Also the cards are perfect.. No problems with any damaged cards.

You too I wonder if they will punish those dealers who opened early?

You can open them early but you just can't list them before the realese date.

Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B-Dunc:
quote:
quote:

just read on another forum that someone has already scored one of the redemptions for the oversized costume cards. my boxes are on the way... hoping one of them also contains a redemption.

Got One.. Already Sent it away..

Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
does anyone find it odd that there is no 1 on the cards but the main cast? I know that is kind of what we were paying for but not to have any pictures of guest stars or recurring people just seems odd.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic has posted on their blog tonight that The Big Bang Theory Trading Cards Seasons 1 & 2 are sold out. You can read the blog post here:

THE BIG BANG THEORY TRADING CARDS SOLD OUT!

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cryptozoic has posted on their blog tonight that The Big Bang Theory Trading Cards Seasons 1 & 2 are sold out.

Not only that, the sealed boxes that are available have taken a big price boost, at least 50% over the SRP right now. This is driven by the prices of the autograph cards for the 5 main cast members no doubt, but as they are all rare you have to be lucky to find one. I bought 5 boxes and came away with none of the big ones, but at least I got no doubles on the other autographs.

Its great to see non-sport boxes taking off though, I hear that the Walking Dead is well over SRP too. Thumb Up

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pumpkindiver
posted Hide Post
It is great to see the hobby doing well, but the base set and chase cards for this set are horrible. The costumes are cool, the top end auto's are great but the low end auto's are also poor for a 1 per box ratio (seriously who needs an auto of Raj's mum and dad.... yay)The Walking Dead and Vampire Diaries had much nicer looking cards

Posts: 154 | Location: Australia | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I would cetainly hope for more signers for the next series. Of the 13 boxes I opened I got too many dupes of the lesser signers. People paying $100 for a box with a Missy auto is not good. Hopefully there will be a better scope in Season 3/4 for more signers - 11 signers was OK but with 5 Rare and 2 uncommon this meant that there were too many of the 4 commons in a case.

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
I would cetainly hope for more signers for the next series. Of the 13 boxes I opened I got too many dupes of the lesser signers. People paying $100 for a box with a Missy auto is not good. Hopefully there will be a better scope in Season 3/4 for more signers - 11 signers was OK but with 5 Rare and 2 uncommon this meant that there were too many of the 4 commons in a case.

That was always the one huge problem here, the autograph list was too restrictive. I was lucky with my 5 boxes, bought at different times, because I got 5 different autos. Then the box price went to $130 by me. I picked up the Sussman on the internet.

Now I would love to take a chance on getting one of the 5 rares with another box, but I just can't. The odds are seriously against me, I already have the base and chase cards, there are no more minor signers to find and I have no reasonable incentive to continue buying blind boxes.

I would hope that BBT Season 3&4(?) either makes better use of the larger number of guest stars or has the main cast sign more cards, preferably both. Big Grin

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To tell you the truth, I knew there was going to be problems with single boxes once I read about the rare and uncommon autos. While cases are okay the odds are not in your favor when buying single boxes.

I think Cryptozoic got away with it because TBBT is a really popular show right now. If it was another show, I'm not too sure they would have sold so many.

Posts: 97 | Location: United States | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post