Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Big Bang Theory
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Big Bang Theory
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
On the digital heroes website it says March release and in their latest newsletter it mentions it has been pushed back to March.
I suppose if it does mean there are not going to be mistakes. Like with the walking dead where lots of poeple were missing autos, costumes, chase cards and even sketches from their cases. I just hope it doesn't get pushed back any further.

Posts: 128 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I think they were over optimistic in the original schedule. Obviously teething problems have set in.

The products look good and they are making sure they get it right.

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow601:
Can't believe the set has now been pushed back to March. Apparently it's because the company doesn't want it's sets to come out too close together. Hopefully it's early March. Love the costume card for the binder.
Can't wait for set.

More than 1 set a month from any one manufacturer will hurt sales. Dealers just don't have funds to buy releases a week apart. Not to mention there are more releases out there than CZE's (sorry Scott, but it's true).

And once you push back one set, ALL the others have to adjust. I'm giving them a year to get it right, after that we'll have to see...

We have The Guild to deal with, which is February's release. BBT in Early March would be workable but trying to push it into February would strain the system IMO.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of watchers of watchers
posted Hide Post
What bothers me is BBT was slated for Oct 2011? Pushed to Feb, when did they announce all the other sets? My money which has been tied up since OCT could have been better used, I think if you push a date back twice it should be the first out and I dont think it really matters about how close they are together BBT is the only thing they put out I wanted, the longer it waits the worst it will be because that means they are getting cra**y autos to fill the set out with, I hope I am wrong but seeing how UD is with its sets it wouldnt surprise me. So I dont think it would be worth the wait for another month, I will just switch the order to football and stay with it. Truth is thats why I got a way from nonsport till this set was announced.

Posts: 330 | Location: th,indiana,usa | Registered: June 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is there a connection between UD and Cryptozoic?Based on the two sets released so far the main problem I have seen with the autos is too many duplicates in a case.The quality in Vampire Diaries is outstanding.

Did you have to pay the full amount upfron?.Most places I deal with just ask for a deposit and the balance shortly before release.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
Hello All,

The main culprit in having to adjust our schedule has been approval delays. On mega-hit shows such as WD, VD, and BBT every cast member, producer, the studio, etc. has some sort of approval and it can sometimes go many rounds. As someone mentioned when one release has to move it does impact others.

In the future we will probably not announce releases as early and just wait until all the behind the scenes stuff is done.

Best,

Scott

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
quote:
On the digital heroes website it says March release and in their latest newsletter it mentions it has been pushed back to March.
I suppose if it does mean there are not going to be mistakes. Like with the walking dead where lots of poeple were missing autos, costumes, chase cards and even sketches from their cases. I just hope it doesn't get pushed back any further.

To be fair, to date, we have had less than a dozen customer service issues from The Walking Dead out of a 500 case run.

Scott

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Gaeta:
quote:

To be fair, to date, we have had less than a dozen customer service issues from The Walking Dead out of a 500 case run.

Scott

Also in reality I have never dealt with a company as efficient as Cryptozoic when it comes to customer services. I am sure Big Bang will be worth the wait.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sci-FiPlanet:
quote:
quote:

Scott

Also in reality I have never dealt with a company as efficient as Cryptozoic when it comes to customer services. I am sure Big Bang will be worth the wait.

DITTO! Great Product and Great Service! I would include Breygent with them as well!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sci-FiPlanet:
quote:
quote:

Scott

Nothing wrong with service. I too was missing a card and you guys answered very quickly and were happy to help. Just mentioning that in the box break forum their were quite a few missing cards, as others have mentioned too.

Posts: 128 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:

In the future we will probably not announce releases as early and just wait until all the behind the scenes stuff is done. Best, Scott

That would help a lot. In reality it doesn't benefit collectors to have more than a 90 day notice of a release. That's enough time to budget for it, but any longer and you are more likely to spend it somewhere else. If there are several delays and suddenly it gets a green light, you are now caught by surprise and will likely come up short. Wink

But just as important as a true deadline date is letting collectors know what will really be in the set before the release without dropping names that never materialize.

So far it looks like Cryptozoic is doing a good job with that and I am looking forward to getting my BBT cards. Smile

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hello All,

The main culprit in having to adjust our schedule has been approval delays. On mega-hit shows such as WD, VD, and BBT every cast member, producer, the studio, etc. has some sort of approval and it can sometimes go many rounds. As someone mentioned when one release has to move it does impact others.

In the future we will probably not announce releases as early and just wait until all the behind the scenes stuff is done.

Best,

Scott

Scott - been really impressed with everything you have done so far - service and information. I think the approvals is the biggest curve to get over - but hey you are just starting out. Keep up the good work you have started with Thumb Up

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
As far as I can tell they have only confirmed the 5 main cast members and none of the lesser characters or guest stars. Getting all 5 leads is a huge feat but thinking of the other possibilities (not necessarily my personal choices) I come up with:

Sara Gilbert (Leslie Winkle)
Laurie Metcalf (Mary Cooper)
Charlie Sheen (himself)
Octavia Spencer (Octavia)
Analeigh Tipton (herself) <----I want!
Sara Rue (Stephanie Barnett)
Christine Baranski (Beverly Hofstadter)
George Smoot (Himself) *2006 Nobel Prize winner
John Ross Bowie (Barry Kripke)
Wil Wheaton (himself)
Katee Sackhoff (herself)
Yeardly Smith (Sandy)
Stan Lee (himself)
Judy Greer (Dr. Elizabeth Plimpton)
Mayim Bialik (Amy Farrah Fowler)
Steve Wozniak (himself) *National Medal of Technology winner
Eliza Dushku (FBI Special Agent Angela Page)
Melissa Rauch (Bernadette Rostenkowski)
George Takei (himself)
Keith Carradine (Wyatt)
LeVar Burton (himself)
Brent Spiner (himself)

I'ed love a Sara Gilbert (Leslie Winkle)
auto,don't know why,just love the girl Wink

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Was given the date February 28 today... Thumb Up

We'll see if they can hit it.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Hopefully we will see a few more details on web-site soon then Smile

posted Hide Post
Any news on additional signers that will be included, Scott? Looking forward to this one!

Brian

Posts: 12 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that's great if it stays 28 Feb, not too far.
No matter how long we have to wait it's going to be worth it though.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
As far as I can tell they have only confirmed the 5 main cast members and none of the lesser characters or guest stars. Getting all 5 leads is a huge feat but thinking of the other possibilities (not necessarily my personal choices) I come up with:

Sara Gilbert (Leslie Winkle)
Laurie Metcalf (Mary Cooper)
Charlie Sheen (himself)
Octavia Spencer (Octavia)
Analeigh Tipton (herself) <----I want!
Sara Rue (Stephanie Barnett)
Christine Baranski (Beverly Hofstadter)
George Smoot (Himself) *2006 Nobel Prize winner
John Ross Bowie (Barry Kripke)
Wil Wheaton (himself)
Katee Sackhoff (herself)
Yeardly Smith (Sandy)
Stan Lee (himself)
Judy Greer (Dr. Elizabeth Plimpton)
Mayim Bialik (Amy Farrah Fowler)
Steve Wozniak (himself) *National Medal of Technology winner
Eliza Dushku (FBI Special Agent Angela Page)
Melissa Rauch (Bernadette Rostenkowski)
George Takei (himself)
Keith Carradine (Wyatt)
LeVar Burton (himself)
Brent Spiner (himself)

Riki Lindhome (Ramona) should be on this list Razz

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Hopefully we get some additions soon. All of the main cast is awesome to have but I'd still like to see what will round out the set.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Well I don't mind if they put back the released a little longer to make sure there are no problems with any of the cards like VD.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post