Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Big Bang Theory
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Big Bang Theory
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
And may I add that those autograph cards appear to be on the card, so NO STICKERS! Clap

As a big fan of the show, even if the autograph cards are only one per box, each of the four actors is a major character in the series and worth the price. I wouldn't even mind pulling the actors who play the comic store owner, Amy or Penny's ex-boyfriend, if they were in it.

It would be fantastic if Sheldon was included, but it works even if he's missing. Can't wait for this release. Smile

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
I have a blog at a CBS News affiliate, so I'll be posting about these cards tomorrow. Those auto cards look fantastic!

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Now all I will need is Neil Patrick Harris to sign for something (hint hint HIMYM please Big Grin) and I will have Autos from all the main cast of Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog Clap

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Now all I will need is Neil Patrick Harris to sign for something (hint hint HIMYM please Big Grin) and I will have Autos from all the main cast of Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog Clap

FYI, NPH has an autograph card in Americana. . . so there is hope for him to sign again!

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:

FYI, NPH has an autograph card in Americana. . . so there is hope for him to sign again!

Wow I did not know that, I'll have to go looking Smile
Maybe with Big Bang Theory being made it might make someone think a HIMYM set could be viable.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
I'll be all over this set like white on rice! Big Grin Bouncey

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic have announced the addition of Memorbilia cards for this set.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Want!

Want now!

Gimme!

(etc)

Posts: 213 | Location: SY, England | Registered: October 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
Sorry folks, not available outside the continental USA

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sci-FiPlanet:

Ahhh that sucks. I guess then, for buyers outside the US, what is going to matter is how much product is going to be made. If it's a small run, they have little hope of finding it remotely affordable.

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nicnac:
quote:

Ahhh that sucks. I guess then, for buyers outside the US, what is going to matter is how much product is going to be made. If it's a small run, they have little hope of finding it remotely affordable.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, it's going to very important to get into a US dealer with preorders so that the company realizes the set strength and viability before they set print runs.

The international market may not be AS big but I would conservatively estimate demand in the UK and EU to be at least 15% of a US only print run, assuming this is a limited released. That amount could be easily absorbed with little or no marketing, for other shows perhaps more. These shows are very popular around the world.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
The international market may not be AS big but I would conservatively estimate demand in the UK and EU to be at least 15% of a US only print run, assuming this is a limited released. That amount could be easily absorbed with little or no marketing, for other shows perhaps more. These shows are very popular around the world.

Unfortunately, from what I understand sometimes the license can be double or more for International rights. So 15% more sales wouldn't do at all. And other times the rights just plain aren't offered. North America only, take it or leave it.

Friendly Dealers all over the US will be taking pre-orders on this one, to be sure.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:

Unfortunately, from what I understand sometimes the license can be double or more for International rights. So 15% more sales wouldn't do at all. And other times the rights just plain aren't offered. North America only, take it or leave it.

Friendly Dealers all over the US will be taking pre-orders on this one, to be sure.

Ed

The cost of international rights is often prohibitive, and this is because those who work in licensing often have no real idea of the value on a product by product basis, or worse still the international rights must be dealt with by an office in another country (see the problems with BBC and BBC America and BBC International Licensing).

It can be a real pain in the ***, because no other card company is going to be able to make a viable or worthwhile card set for these properties outside of the USA. The 15% estimate is not a "real" figure and is centred around no advertising and promotion outside of the US. Thats my thoughts on what would be sold just off and internet chatter, international dealers and folks actively looking for the products.

If Cryptozic made a move to put these cards into there international distribution network, (the same one they use from World of Warcraft) then that figure globally would be substantially higher.

Keep in mind that this program is shown in more than 60 nations and has more than 14 Million viewers. Even if only marketed at English speaking nations and perhaps Europe you could add a substantial number of sales. (more than 15%) Probably not enough to justify paying twice the price for the rights however. It also means more logistical expense in printing transport packing and distribution but then your unit cost decreases so it's a complex equation.

The good news is US dealers should have no problems selling stock if they ship internationally. Email me when pre-orders are due Ed!

US only rights are still a lot better than no rights at all!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:

Ed

That's good to know Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Patdata
posted Hide Post
Great news! Clap Bouncey Love the show. Lets just hope these find their way to the UK some how.....

Posts: 1098 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patdata:
Great news! Clap Bouncey Love the show. Lets just hope these find their way to the UK some how.....

They absolutely will, but Ed might have to set up a UK distribution centre lol

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of DaveSB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patdata:

I hope they make it to the UK also .... what we need is a friendly american who is coming over to the UK in the fall ..... hmmmm Wink

Posts: 2606 | Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Well we never saw the sheldon card at Philly - but still looking forward to this set

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I heard from one prominent dealer that these would be distributed like UD. He told me Cryptozic products wouldn't be available for him to sell. Just wondering if this was true?

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
I'm not an Auto hound but I would love to have all five Autos from these troupe of actors. Great show!

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post