Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Big Bang Theory
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Big Bang Theory
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:

Cryptozoic can't win. When the DC and Castle licenses were seen at the toy show, I heard "why are we just hearing about this?"
Ed

I know scott said they were going to keep the lid on releases longer until they were closer to the release to help avoid pushing release dates back if needed. For example, they say hey we are releasing castle this summer but then it gets pushed back to the fall and then to spring. They get a lot of bad press for pushing it back when odds are they didnt have any control over why it was being pushed back.

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Perhaps the best thing would be to announce the license and provide updates as to the contents as they progress, but don't solicit sales or set a release date until they feel they are far enough along with approvals and committed signers to be comfortable announcing a date.

I can't imagine anyone being upset knowing a license is out there and seeing updates on the cards but with no announced release date until the set is close to ready.

Imagine if they had taken this route with Big Bang Theory, collectors would be stoked that the set is coming but they could set the release date for any time, maybe even wait until other sets that had delays are released and the see an opening in the schedule later on

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of watchers of watchers
posted Hide Post
new release date is march 23rd

Posts: 330 | Location: th,indiana,usa | Registered: June 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bernard.Cooper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by watchers of watchers:
new release date is march 23rd

This date is confirmed?

Because the site Cryptozoic says the release date is on March 20.

Posts: 11 | Location: Brazil | Registered: January 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Yes, that was confirmed yesterday right here on Card Talk by Scott. Smile I believe the other sets released by Cryptozoic have been Friday dates, so that makes sense.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to see a scheduled release date. I would still like to see a complete checklist of some sorts. Seems like Cryptozoic stopped updating the auto. list.

Posts: 97 | Location: United States | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bernard.Cooper
posted Hide Post
Anything new?

Does anyone know if any images of the cards came out?

It is possible that they will take so long to release at least pictures of how they are made​​?

Another question is regarding the promo card which will be released after the release date, so I know.

Someone has definitely still going to be released this month right?

Posts: 11 | Location: Brazil | Registered: January 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 007bondcards
posted Hide Post
kripke added yahoooo

Posts: 87 | Location: ontario | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
i don t mind which auto i get either,as long as it's not barry krepke (lol Razz )

this was only a joke,great to see he's been added Wink

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scott did the packout happen last week? If so what is the list of signers?

Posts: 330 | Location: th,indiana,usa | Registered: June 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Checklist is up on the cryptozoic site.
There's 11 auto cards, with the 5 main cast marked as rare and two others marked as uncommon.
Plus 18 costumes cards including the binder exclusive.
Can't wait for this release!

Posts: 128 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the Checklist link Kennywood Thumb Up didn't realise it was out yet.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if that means there are going to be alot of junk autos in the boxes? Wonder what they mean by Rare? do you have to buy a case to get a main cast member? This set is proving to be not what I expected when they announced it, glad I cancelled my order last month!

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I will wait until it's released before making any uninformed judgements. Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have a case and binder coming. As long as I get at least one of the five main characters, I'll be happy- if I get a Galecki, Parsons, or Cuoco I'll even upgrade to being thrilled!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
It does get worrying when you see 5/11 rare and 2/11 uncommon in a 12 box case. Could mean so many different things - only the opening will tell. Hope there aren't too many duplicates on either Auto's OR Costume.

I do however LOVE the Checklists that Cryptozoic produce Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I've got three boxes and a binder coming. Be just my luck if I get stuck with 3 Sheldons Wink

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
I've got three boxes and a binder coming. Be just my luck if I get stuck with 3 Sheldons Wink

Big Grin

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
You UK folks have all the luck! Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Could someone please post the checklist here as I'm having a problem opening the PDF file. Thumb Up

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post