Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clerks
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Reading the 2015 Preview in the latest NSU, and in the Upper Deck section is listed "Clerks Trading Cards." I'm pretty sure Kevin Smith is working on Clerks 3. Could this be some kind of retrospective set? This is the first I've heard mention of it, and I think the potential is pretty exciting!

Posts: 1571 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cmcdjj37
posted Hide Post
I haven't had the chance to read the new issue yet but this is too funny. I was just organizing some cards last week and then started staring at my Clerks Inaction figures thinking how cool it would be if they did a set for Clerks.

It could be a fun set, they have plenty to pull from with the 2 movies and the cartoon. Plus you could always do something with the whole Askewniverse. Looking forward to see how this turns out.

Posts: 209 | Location: Castle Rock, Colorado | Registered: July 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A whole view askew set would be excellent. So much material to draw from. Likely would get a few good names to sign, maybe even some great artists to contribute sketches if Kevin was to pull some strings with all his comic connections!

Posts: 88 | Location: Australia | Registered: June 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wasn't there a set for Mallrats and some promo material for Dogma in the form of 'baseball cards' of the characters?

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andy28:
A whole view askew set would be excellent. So much material to draw from. Likely would get a few good names to sign, maybe even some great artists to contribute sketches if Kevin was to pull some strings with all his comic connections!

The potential here is pretty huge. If a Clerks set does well, I imagine there would be others to follow.

Posts: 1571 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Ill take a Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back set. THAT list of potential signers is killer.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I had a fresh stack of "Mallrats" cards (made by the card company Bacon & Eggs, not exactly a powerhouse) with me when I attended my first Comic-Con in 1996. I was there working for a dealer so we had early access to the hall and I took some over to where Kevin Smith was setting up his booth that year and he and Jay signed a few of them for me, no fuss, no muss, and no line at all. I treasure those cards, that was such a cool time. I'd show them here, but there's language on them (at my request) in the inscriptions not appropriate for this board.

Beyond the Mallrats proper set, there was a 10 card set of the Mallrats characters, standard sized cards, made by Gramercy Pictures to promote the film. That's a nice set and includes a card of comics legend Stan Lee, who has a memorable cameo in that movie.

Clerks III is in the pipeline, so hopefully these cards are part of that.

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
If they did a View Askewniverse set, I could legitimately have an autograph card in it!

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You were in a movie Bob?

Posts: 88 | Location: Australia | Registered: June 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andy28:
You were in a movie Bob?

He doesn't talk about it much, maybe he's Silent Bob? Thumb Up

posted Hide Post
Did anyone see that episode of comic book men where Walt revealed they have a strict No Trading Cards policy?

Someone came in selling a nice autograph set, cant remember what exactly, but got knocked back. Pity.