Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (NECA)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (NECA)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
I see someone selling boxes and cases of this on you know where. Over the past few months I've e-mailed NECA several times asking them if they were making cards for this movie and never got a response. So I asked them on facebook and again, never got a response. Does anyone know if there are autographs inserted? I take it probably not. It'd be nice if the company told us something.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Considering they are selling cases at $43.90/box, you can bet that there are no high chase cards at all.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Such a waste of what could truly be an awesome license.
With the success of the first movie, a massive built in fan base and an exceptional cast of potential signers a hobby version card release would be a slam dunk sell out, even if odds were like UD and you got maybe 2 autographs per case and some costumes and sketches, or even manufactured patches (a Mockingjay patch and patches for the 12 districts would actually be a pretty good idea).

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
... and patches for the 12 districts would actually be a pretty good idea).

With increased rarity for the districts that were't around by the end of the book. Cool

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bet they do the same move they did last time and put the signatures in DVD party packs. As far as I can tell no bonus cards at all. Retail packs are selling for prices where there should be some bonus cards in them.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, NECA's 99% focused on their toy lines and miscellaneous collectibles. You don't see anything about the cards on their website, even to list them as released or part of the portfolio for the license. I think when they took over the Twilight license they discovered that they could publish basic card sets with screen images, without much else, and the retail by-the-pack market would make it profitable without them having to devote energy to card design - just from the popularity of the license.

Costumes and autos etc. require a support staff to manage the logistics, but with a screen-pic-only series all you need is a set of digitized shots from the studio, a few hours on a computer, and a link to the factory. If they already have a general license for collectibles, it's pretty easy. Sometimes the studio isn't even interested in the hassle of supporting the "hobby card" market or doesn't think that separate licenses for cards and other collectibles is profitable.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
This set does indeed exist. Busted a box today.

The entire product consists of 40 base cards.

Cards 1-7 have some text on them. The rest, a vertically cropped picture of what's on the front and no text other than the copyright info.

Flimsy card stock.

SRP is $3.50 per pack (6 cards per I believe).

Definitely aimed at the retail, pick a pack here and there crowd.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post