Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Chasing Amy from Upper Deck in May
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chasing Amy from Upper Deck in May
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sounds great, although most of my purchases will probably be on ePack. . . This is one base set I will actually go after. I only have a few base sets now, but one of the ones that I kept was Mallrats.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Well, between this and Clerks I should be able to put together a nice Mallrats autograph set. Didn't buy a box of Clerks and probably wont get this one either.

Now if TUSK or Yoga Hosers gets a card set, sign me up for a CASE!!!

Posts: 4848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope they produce a Mallrats set too. . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
I hope they produce a Mallrats set too. . .

Yup, I would probably get a few boxes of those. Although I am not sure I will need any of the autographs by then. Cool

Posts: 4848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I looked at the Mallrats cast as posted on Wikipedia.

I think these actors have signed somewhere (or will have signed in this release)

Jason Lee as Brodie Bruce
Shannen Doherty as Rene Mosier
Ben Affleck as Shannon Hamilton
Joey Lauren Adams as Gwen Turner
Jason Mewes as Jay
Kevin Smith as Silent Bob
Michael Rooker as Jared Svenning
Priscilla Barnes as Miss Ivannah
Stan Lee as Himself
Scott Mosier as Roddy
Walt Flanagan as Walt "Fanboy" Grover
Brian O'Halloran as Gill Hicks, Suitor #3

I don't think these actors have signed for a card set:

Jeremy London as T.S. Quint
Claire Forlani as Brandi Svenning
Renee Humphrey as Tricia Jones
Ethan Suplee as Willam
Sven-Ole Thorsen as LaFours
Bryan Johnson as Steve-Dave Pulasti
Art James as Bob Summers, host of Truth or Date

Tons of Mallrats actors have signed, but for me a couple of key actors have not. . .

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that looks right.

I was thinking I would need the top 5 of who has not signed. Given Jeremy's life issues over the past few years I am sure he would be up for some signing cash. ;-)

Got a lucky break in between shows at a comedy club and caught Kevin to sign my Mallrats poster and take a few pics. Plus I have him on a Goodwin card.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Getting (not personalised) signed stuff by Kevin Smith is relatively simple. Just go to www.jayandslientbob.com

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
Getting (not personalised) signed stuff by Kevin Smith is relatively simple. Just go to www.jayandslientbob.com

I'm sure it is, trying to catch him at the few shows I have been to, not so easy.

I know he does cons but I have yet to be close to one he goes to. Have met Jason and Brian (even Stan Lee) multiple times. Cool

posted Hide Post
Any updates on this set? Still on target for a May release?

NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
Any updates on this set? Still on target for a May release?

It was pushed to the end of May last I saw.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched Chasing Amy over the weekend, and really enjoyed it.

The subject matter held up very well.

I forgot how fantastic the dialog is in this film.

The only thing that didn't age well was the grain in the 'film'. I watched the Criterion DVD, perhaps there is a cleaner copy out there somewhere, but the grain in some scenes really caught my attention.

Watching again cemented Chasing Amy in to one of my favorite films of all time.

Really curious to see the final checklist. A triple autograph of Affleck, Lee and Adams would be epic.

I hope these are all on card like Clerks was.

posted Hide Post
More info posted:

https://www.cardboardconnectio...ng-amy-trading-cards

Looks like sticker autos unfortunately, but they do have great dual and triple autographs.

posted Hide Post
Ed's SciFi cards newsletter is saying this has been pushed back to August.

posted Hide Post
Why use UD and the Skybox names?

Posts: 233 | Location: Mebane, NC | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by weasel-king:

Good question, I don't know. Big Grin

But Skybox had its own cards in the 90's, then got bought by Fleer around 1995, to become Fleer/Skybox. In 2005 Fleer went into liquidation and the name was acquired by Upper Deck. For awhile afterwards UD made sports cards under Fleer, then I think stopped more than ten years ago.

I don't pay attention to the sports card market anymore, so maybe there is something there, but I haven't heard of Fleer for a long time and Skybox even longer. So Upper Deck Skybox has to be some sort of rebranding and there has to be a reason for it some place. Wink

Posts: 10378 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by weasel-king:

Probably because no one loves Upper Deck as much as Upper Deck loves Upper Deck -- the more and the bigger the logos the better!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
They used the Fleer and Skybox logos for parallel versions of their 2007 Marvel Masterpieces relaunch and I think they've use them both plenty for sports cards more recently.

I think it's a retro thing here, in that, if there would've been a "Chasing Amy" card set when the movie was still in theaters, 1997, it might've been a Skybox set like many movie card sets were during the mid 90's.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post