Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Trek: Picard
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek: Picard
 Login/Join

Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping to add a Santiago Cabrera autograph to my collection; absolutely loved the guy in The Musketeers. Of course, if I have to sell a kidney to get one, I'll just settle for pressing my nose to the laptop screen and dreaming of what might have been. Big Grin

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:
I'm hoping to add a Santiago Cabrera autograph to my collection; absolutely loved the guy in The Musketeers. Of course, if I have to sell a kidney to get one, I'll just settle for pressing my nose to the laptop screen and dreaming of what might have been. Big Grin

I think the price will settle....just don't want the one of him in that goofy orange hat. Razz

Posts: 4847 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
quote:

I think the price will settle....just don't want the one of him in that goofy orange hat. Razz

Is the hat-less full bleed version not an option??

I think these cards look great, really slick, but am undecided if I want to start with them...

TNG is my favourite Trek and all these years later am trying to get the main crew on the RA white & green TNG auto cards, as well as their RA movie version autos.
Then I have all but Frakes on some chase cards signed in person.

Do I need the OAP versions of these characters on these Picard autos for the fourth go around?

Can't decide if I prefer the full-bleed or bordered design either!

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hatless is preferable. Big Grin

I had a bit of a dilemma with maybe doubling TNG autographs in my collection, so I'll probably pick favourite characters/actors from Picard and only double up on actors if I prefer a picture, all wrapped around with not paying stupid money. That really narrows it down. Smile
Personally I much prefer the full bleed cards.

I really like the Cast of Picard chase set, superb cards.

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
I agree the cast cards look smart. Really like the travel poster chase set and the Data's 'Daughter' case topper painting card as well.

I've always liked Trek but only really got into the cards the last couple of years. I regret not picking up a lot of great autos years ago when they were a lot cheaper, particularly with the market across most non-sport skewing upwards right now.

For TNG green series, still need: Stewart, Frakes, Sirtis, Whoopi

For the Movies autos, still need: Frakes, Sirtis, Dorn, Spiner

I can handle duplicates if they are affordable!

For Picard, I enjoyed the show a great deal but am not really feeling the new crew just yet. I'd like a Stewart but don't want an over-sized card.
Old Frakes & Sirtis would be nice to haves.
Definitely want a new Data but would prefer full-bleed (not yet available) over the bordered version.
I need a Jeri Ryan but would rather put that money towards a Voyager card to go with my Mulgrew & Picardo autos.
I enjoyed Hugh's character but I recently got his TNG card for £12 so do I need to pay for his new Extremely Limited card???

Anyway, Rittenhouse do spoil us for choice but am very glad I don't collect full sets anymore!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: X,

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are there still master/full set collectors out there?? Eek The sets the past couple years and layers of chase and autograph styles must drive them crazy!

I'm not fond of the over-sized cards, although I did buy an over-sized Outlander wardrobe card last year direct from CZE. I don't normally do that and certainly not spend money on 'fabric', but I was interested in how it would look, and for a relic type of card it looked awesome. I was already using 6x4 pocket pages in the album as my more 'precious' autographs I could keep in a top loader and two of those stack nicely into each 6x4 pocket.
But I'm not sure about a single over-sized autograph card. I wonder what the reason was to use the different sized card? And will there be more, other than Stewart, to have one?

I think more and more of us not hunting the master set, pick and choose and in a variety of ways as to how it fits our collection themes and wallet. Smile

Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I still have a few master set clients. Two are long term, the third is new, I also have a couple partial master set clients that get alot. So, they do exist Smile

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are there still master/full set collectors out there?? Eek

Recently I have pulled Master sets of Umbrella Academy and Lost in Space (Minus art and autos I am not interested in)

I thought Picard was good but didn't love it like I did those other two shows. I am being patient with this one. Currently I think the Isa sigs are selling stupid high. Given her career up to now it is a monster speculation to go over $100 or even $75 for her. Personally I think the Frakes/Sirtis duo card is super cool.

Posts: 4847 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Where was the oversized Picard auto obtained?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Where was the oversized Picard auto obtained?

It's a pack insert in the Picard set.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I thought it was a case topper.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
The case topper is the Data 'Daughter' painting.
There is a 9-case inc., pack one and archive exclusive, all oversized.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I considered buying a case to build a mini master set but someone at Blowout warned me it isn't possible to obtain all the inserts from a single case so I decided not to.

Posts: 62 | Location: The World | Registered: August 03, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post