Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Avengers Assemble cards from Upper Deck
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Avengers Assemble cards from Upper Deck
 Login/Join

Picture of fan_fic_fan
posted Hide Post
Any news now? 10 days until March so I'm hoping they're not planning on waiting until the last possible second (eg. waiting UNTIL THE MONTH OF RELEASE) to tell us if this is actually happening in March or not. :/

Posts: 13 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: September 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fan_fic_fan:
Any news now? 10 days until March so I'm hoping they're not planning on waiting until the last possible second (eg. waiting UNTIL THE MONTH OF RELEASE) to tell us if this is actually happening in March or not. :/

I've been told the date is March 27th.

And to their credit, Upper Deck has been pretty darned close to every release date recently. So I'm running with the 27th...

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5081 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I'm more interested in seeing a checklist with confirmed signers. How close will it be to the release date before we know more than the one sketch per box?

Posts: 10408 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Probably not until case breakers tell us.

I am hoping that it will be good...I was iffy on droping $800 on a case in the first place.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
No confirmed signers yet, but this came across Twitter today...

quote:
Three insert hits per box, on average:
One Sketch Card per box
One single of dual memorabilia per box
One printing plate, triple, or quad memorabilia per box

Two autographs or Ultimate Panel cards per case, on average.

Sounds like it's going to be a challenging set to complete.

Ed

Posts: 5081 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
And this was in my email...

quote:
Autographs include Cobie Smulders and Chris Hemsworth

That should make a couple people happy...

Ed

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This looks more promoising than some of their recent releases like Iron Man or Captain America.Three genuine hits per box,at least one of which will be a sketch Thumb Up .

I may actually get a box or two rather than just picking it up on the secondary markets.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:

Gotta love how UD never actually commits to any number. That "or" suggests to me that autographs will be 1 per case, at best. Also, what is an Ultimate Panel card?

On the plus side, a Cobie Smulders auto! I won't buy any boxes of this but I will pick up a Cobie (even if it is a sticker. Razz)

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
quote:

Gotta love how UD never actually commits to any number. That "or" suggests to me that autographs will be 1 per case, at best. Also, what is an Ultimate Panel card?

Well, considering how people get up in arms over not getting what was promised, I'm surprised that any of the manufacturer promise anything.

Ultimate Panel Cards are cards with a comic panel embedded. At least in previous sets they have been more rare than autographs.

Ed

posted Hide Post
Hemsworth was a no brainer but still glad to see them confirm it before release. Also cool to know that a costume/sketch is guaranteed in every box. Based on what they said the autograph/panel card would be a bonus in the two boxes per case that they come in. Glad to see a new signers....I just hope they land 1 or 2 more of the Avengers.

Samuel L. Jackson is obviously open to signing. Jeremy Renner or Mark Ruffalo would be awesome additions as well. Also hoping they have some stickers left from Tom Hiddelston as I missed out on his autograph early on in the Thor release....and it has shot up to nearly 4-5x what it was originally selling for.

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A smallish preview of what I did for this set is over at www.orange-thirteen.com

Thanks and I hope you stop by to check it out.

Jason

Posts: 70 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Autographs include Cobie Smulders and Chris Hemsworth

Hope there are more signers.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unless they were all used in the previous releases, Upper Deck should have Tom Hiddleston and Clark Gregg autograph stickers to include in this set. I'd also hate to see only two signers for this set.

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Based on the latest info I placed an order for some boxes, as it's a 180 card base set you will need more than box to comlete it. I also understand that each 12 box case will contain two sealed boxes of six, so sealed mini cases will be available which is an idea I like as it will appeal to people who don't want to put out for or can afford a full 12 box case.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Here is the latest info from a member on Scoundrel:

1 Sketch per box
1 Hobby Exclusive Insert per pack(Classic Covers/Heroes & Villains/Concept Series)
1 Single or Dual Relic Card per box
1 Printing Plate OR Triple/Quad Relic Card per box
2 Autographs OR Ultimate Panel Cards per case

Autographs from Cobie Smolders, Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner.....only ones confirmed at this time

Numbers given are across the entire print run, NOTHING is guaranteed in a box or case.

March 20th current release date, product is sold out at the factory.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I have some killer sketch cards coming from set but I cannot share them - yet, but soon! Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I guess UD thinks its loading the product by putting in 2 autographs a case as opposed to their previous 1 autograph per case policy. Wink

Posts: 10408 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I guess UD thinks its loading the product by putting in 2 autographs a case as opposed to their previous 1 autograph per case policy. Wink

It's not 2 autographs per case, it's "2 Autographs OR Ultimate Panel Cards per case". I read that to mean 1 of each or maybe less than 1 auto per case on average.

-Goethe

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:

It's not 2 autographs per case, it's "2 Autographs OR Ultimate Panel Cards per case". I read that to mean 1 of each or maybe less than 1 auto per case on average.

I was going by the breakdown posted above, but if that is the case its the same formula as before. If this product is sold out at the factory as stated it can't matter to UD what they put in it, the less the better for them.

All I know is, they won't be making any money on me. I am not doing anything with case odds on an autograph. Wink

Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

If this product is sold out at the factory as stated it can't matter to UD what they put in it, the less the better for them.

I'm almost positive UD prints to order so no matter what all their releases are "sell outs". If orders are light the odds are actually better than announced (Like Iron Man 2).

-Goethe