Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Avengers Assemble cards from Upper Deck
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Avengers Assemble cards from Upper Deck
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
If Jeremy Renner is actually confirmed from UD then consider me excited.

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheMetatrOn:
If Jeremy Renner is actually confirmed from UD then consider me excited.

Yeah I totally agree, Renner is a huge get!

With the set being just over two weeks away, has anybody heard about Upper Deck announcing any new signers, relic pictures, etc.?

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I check their twitter and facebook page each night just to see if anything new is posted and I have not seen anything.

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Yes an update on this release from UD would be great.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
I sent a tweet to Upper Deck saying, "@UpperDeckEnt With Avengers Assemble being weeks away, is there a final autograph list? So far I've heard Hemsworth, Renner, and Smulders."

They responded, "You are right with those three!"

Gee, thanks! Roll Eyes

Hopefully they were just being mysterious and that isn't actually the FINAL autograph list.

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
The product seems to pop out a bit on the bay.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
Some websites out there have a March 20th release date posted for the set, and I just got my notice that my case will arrive Thursday, so I think that's the case.

posted Hide Post
There are a couple of dual relic cards up on eBay now.

neither are mine.

Posts: 70 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
So the set is already complete and has shipped and yet they still won't say who's signed for the set? They mustn't have got anyone else to sign otherwise they would have made a big deal about it prior to release.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
They mustn't have got anyone else to sign otherwise they would have made a big deal about it prior to release.

Here is the latest info from a member on Scoundrel:

So far confirmed:

Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner, Cobie Smulders, Colm Feore(on unreleased Thor card), Kat Dennings(on unreleased Thor card), Jaime Alexander(on unreleased Thor card), Bruno Ricci(on unreleased Captain America card).

posted Hide Post
Dennings and Alexander?!?!?! Please let this be true...

posted Hide Post
Also if there are any dealers on here that have any of this product available please contact me. I had 2 cases on order from one dealer who canceled on me, and 1 case on order from another and I was lowered to a 6 box half case.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So they have a mock up of Scarlett Johannson on their sell sheet, but she's not a confirmed signer.

I used to like Upper Deck, but they have become pretty much a joke.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
So they have a mock up of Scarlett Johannson on their sell sheet, but she's not a confirmed signer.

I used to like Upper Deck, but they have become pretty much a joke.

Yep. Pretty crappy. I mean Dennings and Alexander are def solid female hits as well as Colbie, but the Johannson was the initial reason I got excited. Here is what I HATE HATE HATE about Upper Deck.

I purchased two cases of Thor, and two cases of Captain America at full price when they first came out. Arguably both of those sets kind of stink. Thor is much better than Captain America, but cases of each can be picked up for under $500 a piece now. I spent over $2500 on those cases, and now Upper Deck decided that my distributor doesn't have the "proper" storefront and told him they will no longer let anyone sell to him because he does to much of his business online. The guy has a warehouse, it is open to the public, people come in all the time and buy from him. It isn't a traditional storefront, but it is a retail store. Now I am SOL and have only 6 boxes coming of this product. It pisses me off even more to see that the Dennings and Alexander are unreleased Thor autographs. I spent the money on Thor, why weren't those included with Thor?

Sorry for the rant, just really bummed that I put money into the crappier Upper Deck releases, and now I am stuck getting less than 25% of my previous orders on a product that looks like it might actually be good.

Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
At Scoundrel there are pics of the Alexander and Dennings autos so they are for real! And we can add Idris Elba to the list of signers in the Thor style. So pumped to get my case this THORsday!

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Here are 2 autograph cards from Avengers

TOM

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
Here are 2 autograph cards from Avengers

TOM

What an awful company upper deck are!! Shake Head

Dreadful way to treat fans and collectors!! Red Face

I wish i could say i was surprised!!what a joke you are upper deck!!

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the different pairings for the multi costume cards. They make sense. I don't like the way some of the material doesn't match the images on the cards. Some of the Iron Man 2 cards were like that.

I love the autographs for this set. Maybe they didn't get likeness approvals or the actual stickers back in time to include them in the earlier sets.

I'm disappointed that there is no Scarlett autograph after they showed the mock up, but so far this set looks pretty good. I'm excited to see what the panel cards look like.

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't think anyone would say that that autos aren't nice, but I just don't know how it's not false advertising to show a Johannson mock up auto on the sell sheet and then not have it in the set.

Personally I'll be picking up at least a Smulders auto...probably Dennings too.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
I don't think anyone would say that that autos aren't nice, but I just don't know how it's not false advertising to show a Johannson mock up auto on the sell sheet and then not have it in the set.

Personally I'll be picking up at least a Smulders auto...probably Dennings too.

The same pair I'll be chasing. Cool

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post