Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Avengers Assemble cards from Upper Deck

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/3727099216

March 24, 2012, 11:54 AM
Ryan Cracknell
Avengers Assemble cards from Upper Deck
UD has very stringent selling guidelines for new releases. Just because they're hard to find now, doesn't mean that more won't surface down the road as sellers are able to more freely move it. Then again, this set is stronger than their earlier sets as well.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
March 24, 2012, 02:34 PM
riddler_149
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
UD has very stringent selling guidelines for new releases. Just because they're hard to find now, doesn't mean that more won't surface down the road as sellers are able to more freely move it. Then again, this set is stronger than their earlier sets as well.

I hoping that you are right and that more will surface and the prices will come down a bit once the 90 day waiting period is over, which will also be after the movie releases. I have one box coming, and I may just buy the autos and singles I want. I'm going to try my local card store and see if they have any of the product in stock, and hopefully I can get a good deal from them!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/
April 28, 2012, 01:53 PM
Triple-Frog
Just seen the Avengers Assemble movie and I can't remember a blockbuster film where trading cards played such a crucial role Eek .I won't give the game away for those who have yet to see it but I reckon Joss Whedon has a non sport card collection in his house Smile .
May 19, 2012, 03:11 PM
geoffbovey
Can somebody please explain this set to me?

On a certain auction site, a couple of sellers are advertising the base set as a complete set of all "176 cards". However, my understanding from reading elsewhere is that the base set has 180 cards. Can someone please explain this 4 card discrepancy? Thanks!

Geoff
May 19, 2012, 03:39 PM
igman7
I believe pre-release info had the set at 180 cards (which would be a nice even 20 pages) but the set stands at 176 cards.

For those waiting for the 90 day to be over, prices are not likely to come back down since all of the components are selling well and folks are still busting it...when they can find it.

December 18, 2012, 12:24 AM
DavidDeb

spotted this on feebay..Is there a variant for Hemsworth as in the 'Thor' set? It's not this one I own or we usually see...

December 18, 2012, 01:30 AM
fan_fic_fan
That looks fake to me.
December 18, 2012, 02:24 AM
robomole
That was the mock-up used in Upper Deck's advertisements for the set. As far as I know there were none of that version actually produced. The seller probably used the photo from the advertisement as a stock photo.