Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Avengers Assemble cards from Upper Deck
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Avengers Assemble cards from Upper Deck
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
That autograph card is beautiful! Luv You

I would consider a box of this except a) my card budget is very limited these days and I need a guaranteed autograph, not a sketch card -- I don't collect sketches, and don't generally like them (no offense to anyone who likes or does them) b) it comes out too close to Fringe and Cryptozoic would really need to drop the ball on that set and c) yeesh, is that expensive!

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:

I would consider a box of this except a) my card budget is very limited these days and I need a guaranteed autograph, not a sketch card -- I don't collect sketches, and don't generally like them (no offense to anyone who likes or does them) b) it comes out too close to Fringe and Cryptozoic would really need to drop the ball on that set and c) yeesh, is that expensive!

No offense taken. I don't really like autograph cards. Wink

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jason00:

But it is an ad, will it even exist when the cards are released? Wink

Based on UD's pre-release advertising people thought that Portman, Hopkins and Russo were going to be signing in Thor right up until the very short list of autographs with very long odds finally came out. Saying that "the cast includes . . ." doesn't mean a thing. Roll Eyes

Posts: 10419 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
To be fair- I don't think the Thor set had a picture of Portman, Russo, or Hopkins autograph cards like they do for Scarlett. Whether or not the Scarlett makes it in is another story as has been said.

I wonder if UD is even thinking about approaching Joss Whedon to sign- doubt it but that would be cool.

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Any news on this set?

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Upper Deck posted the Avengers Trailer on their facebook page last week. Within a minute of them posting I asked them if there was any news about this set, and if Scar Jo is a confirmed signer since she was on the sales sheet. No response whatsoever, not even a more information coming soon or anything. I put in a good size order of this stuff, and I am starting to get worried.

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wish Rittenhouse or Cryptozoic would get these licenses. They seem to be able to get lost of signatures without the ridiculous cost.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tangent:
Bumping up the sketch ratio is a clear sign that their much vaunted Marvel Beginnings was a bit of a flop

How so?

Posts: 70 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just an update they finally responded on facebook and said "Working on locking up that auto list now."

So hopefully within the next couple weeks they give us SOME information on the set.

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheMetatrOn:
Within a minute of them posting I asked them if there was any news about this set, and if Scar Jo is a confirmed signer since she was on the sales sheet. No response whatsoever, not even a more information coming soon or anything. I put in a good size order of this stuff, and I am starting to get worried.

UD doesn't seem to respond to general questions or customer comments, so that shouldn't worry you.

The history of the autograph lists from Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America having a lot of pre-release assumptions or speculations or whatever you want to call it for potential signers that didn't materialize is something else.

Posts: 10419 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Within a minute of them posting I asked them if there was any news about this set, and if Scar Jo is a confirmed signer since she was on the sales sheet. No response whatsoever, not even a more information coming soon or anything. I put in a good size order of this stuff, and I am starting to get worried.

UD doesn't seem to respond to general questions or customer comments, so that shouldn't worry you.

The history of the autograph lists from Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America having a lot of pre-release assumptions or speculations or whatever you want to call it for potential signers that didn't materialize is something else.

Yeah...but they put Scar Jo autograph mock up on the sell sheet...does anyone have the original sale sheets for those three sets? Did they have autograph card mock ups for cast members that didn't end up signing?

Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
I'm just making wild guesses here but I think that Scarlett is a signer because as some have pointed out, Upperdeck has made some empty promises, but never have they posted an autograph image that didn't make it into the set. Also, this set has been the big kahuna they have been leading to, so I'm willing to bet that they had the foresight to hold some stickers back from the Thor set. I would expect autographs from Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, and Clark Gregg. Samuel L. Jackson has signed stickers before so if Upperdeck actually puts forth the effort (questionable) then he is a possibility as well. Something I do appreciate is how they haven't left out a director yet. Jon Favreau signed for Iron Man 2 and Kenneth Branagh signed for Thor. So I'd say Joss Whedon is a definite possibility so sign as well, especially since he signed for Inkworks. This set has so much potential and I just hope that there are at least 2 autographs in a case this time because if I spend the stupidly higher price point and then get Clark Gregg (who is awesome by the way, but I have his autograph card for 2 sets already), it would leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 per case? I am just hoping they are guaranteed ONE per case. I opened two cases of Thor and didn't get an auto, and one of my captain america cases didn't have one as well.

Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
quote:
2 per case? I am just hoping they are guaranteed ONE per case. I opened two cases of Thor and didn't get an auto, and one of my captain america cases didn't have one as well.

Wow! I'm very sorry to hear that. I didn't know there were dud cases. In my two cases I got Clark Gregg and Joshua Dallas. I normally never go nuts with 2 cases of a product on my starving college student budget, but I was going for a master set so I took the plunge. If I spent all that money and got even 1 dud case I would have been devastated. I know it's been said a million times but it's hard not to imagine how amazing these sets would be if Rittenhouse had the reigns.

I want to order a case of Avengers but I won't do it till I hear insertion ratios for the autos and memorabilia cards. One auto card I can annoyingly live with, but if the memorabilia cards turn out like Captain America, where half of them are replaced by manufactured fakeness I won't be able to pull the trigger since I'm not a sketch fan.

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm just making wild guesses here but I think that Scarlett is a signer because as some have pointed out, Upper Deck has made some empty promises, but never have they posted an autograph image that didn't make it into the set.

I asked Upper Deck and Scarlett Johansson is a mock up only. At the time they provided me an answer she didn't agree to sign but was trying to get her.
Hope she will be signing finally and will be part of the set.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
I asked Upper Deck and Scarlett Johansson is a mock up only. At the time they provided me an answer she didn't agree to sign but was trying to get her.

Dang, that is just awful. I'm sure people made pre-order decisions based on that mock up. What a bummer. Upper Deck just doesn't seem to care.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robomole:
quote:

Dang, that is just awful. I'm sure people made pre-order decisions based on that mock up. What a bummer. Upper Deck just doesn't seem to care.

Unfortunately this is standard practice for Upper Deck Frown .They never release who has signed or what the insert ratios are because they know it will hurt sales.

There are plenty of top notch manufacturers out there who give all the information you need when deciding whether to buy and those are the ones I buy from.Never pre-ordered anything from Upper Deck and never will.Surprised anyone does considering their track record.

Posts: 2565 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
quote:
Originally posted by robomole:
quote:

Dang, that is just awful. I'm sure people made pre-order decisions based on that mock up. What a bummer.

Unfortunately this is standard practice for Upper Deck Frown .They never release who has signed or what the insert ratios are because they know it will hurt sales.

Right, same thing I have been trying to point out, but the general collector opinion seems to be that the mock up on the sell sheet is a guarantee. It is not.

I hope UD does get ScarJo to sign for the Avengers, but even then it does not make it wise for anyone to pre-order significantly more of ANY product than they would have normally bought on the hope that a very limited autograph card MIGHT be produced, and IF it was, that they MIGHT be lucky enough to get it in their boxes or cases.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Any news on this set?

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any news on this set?

The movie opens May 4th and this set is still listed as a March release according to NSU's updated schedule. The funny thing is that I just checked UD's website and all I found in the Entertainment section for Marvel is the Kree-Scrull Wars, Thor and Captain America. If they have anything posted for Avengers Assemble I didn't see it.