Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Trek Discovery from Rittenhouse
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek Discovery from Rittenhouse
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted
Release Date (Always subject to change): March 27

quote:
STAR TREK DISCOVERY SEASON ONE TRADING CARDS BOX HITS:
• (2) Autographed Cards
STAR TREK DISCOVERY SEASON ONE CARDS PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS:
• (2) Autographed Cards in Every Box!
• Sonequa Martin-Green (Michael Burnham)
• Jason Isaacs (Captain Lorca)
• Doug Jones (Commander Saru)
• Shazad Latif (Lt. Ash Tyler)
• James Frain (Sarek)
• Rainn Wilson (Harry Mudd)
• Mary Chieffo (L'Rell)
• Katherine Barrell (Stella)
• Jayne Brooke (Vice Admiral Katrina Cornwall)
• Emily Coutts (Lt. Detmer)
• Wilson Cruz (Dr. Hugh Culber)
• Kenneth Mitchell (Kol)
• Sarah Mitich (Lt. Commander Airiam)
• Chris Obi (T'Kuvma)
• Arista Arhin (Young Michael Burnham)
• And MANY MORE!!
 BONUS! Look for randomly inserted DUAL AUTOGRAPH CARDS!
• Base Set - features 90 cards with 6 cards for each of the 15 original season one episodes. Photos and plot synopses for every episode!
 Bonus Sets Include:
• Behind-The-Scenes (1:12 Packs)
• Character Cards (1:24 Packs)
• Opening Credits/Artwork (1:24 Packs)
• Wardrobe Relic Cards (TBD)
• Mirror Universe Cards (1:288 Packs)

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I would hope that RA thinks to add Michelle Yeoh to this release. She was in the first episodes and has been available to sign for RA in Bond. Without spoiling it, she is not yet done with Discovery.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
A picture of Michelle Yeoh's autograph card (from Star Trek Discovery) is on Rittenhouse's site, along with some of the others.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WOMBLE,

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Yes it is, thanks for the head's up. Smile

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
I would have been surprised if RA had not been able secure Yeoh having been a good signer for their Bond sets.

But wow, what a deterioration to her signature. I know most people's deteriorate over time but it's all the more disappointing when they had such a nice looking signature to begin with.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
But wow, what a deterioration to her signature. I know most people's deteriorate over time but it's all the more disappointing when they had such a nice looking signature to begin with.

That's not a deterioration, it's a variation.

A deterioration would be the same signature showing signs of illness or age, such as shaking, which results in a poorer version.

Going solely off the one Yeoh Discovery autograph card photo on the website, she has simply changed her autograph, probably because she wanted to get done faster. Whether they all look like the one pictured is also unknown.

Previously Yeoh had a very nice autograph with a complete two name signature. This new one has only M. for the first name along with her last name, that is of course short. It also looks like she may have added a small drawn heart design in the beginning stroke of the M. Again that may not be on all of them.

If this is how she is now signing going forward, it's a variation, and both are equally genuine. I prefer the full signature, as I think most autograph collectors always do. However, if they are fans, they also want the known variants as long as the signatures are still display worthy. At least she didn't do MY. Big Grin

Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
I see James Frain is still one heartbeat before he flatlines... Wink

I do like the look of the set, though.

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Raven, deteriorate simply means “to become worse”, which her signature has. I don’t think anyone could really argue otherwise, variant or not.

The heart and kisses aside, her signature is now just joined-up “M” and “Y”.

It may be authentic but it pales in comparison to what she is capable of. Hopefully she has some full autos in the stack she did for Discovery.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
Raven, deteriorate simply means “to become worse”, which her signature has. I don’t think anyone could really argue otherwise, variant or not.

X with all due respect, when discussing autographs, using the term deterioration is very specific and not merely the meaning of the word.

The Roger Moore signatures on his later RA Bond autograph cards are examples of a deteriorating autograph. The change of signature shown on Yeoh's card pictured is not due to age or illness. She is 56 and, judging by her increasing work load in Discovery and after Crazy Rich Asians, I would assume is in good health.

She shortened her signature, at least on the card shown. There are even examples on eBay of her having used the heart symbol before. It's a choice and a variant, nothing more or less. We both prefer the full signature, but I have no problem with this one if that is how all the cards will be.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Where could I find a contents list for an Archive box please?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:

They haven't released the contents yet. If you send them a message they will tell you if they have the contents set.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Full autograph checklist is up. Looks like no single auto cards for Mary Wiseman or Anthony Rapp, for some reason. Unless they've just missed them off by mistake.

Jason Isaacs
James Frain
Doug Jones
Sonequa Martin-Green
Shazad Latif
Rainn Wilson
Mary Chieffo
Katherine Barrell
Emily Coutts
Kenneth Mitchell
Sarah Mitich
Wilson Cruz
Jayne Brooke
Chris Obi
Arista Arhin
Michelle Yeoh
Rekha Sharma
Oyin Oladejo
Riley Gilchrist
Dwain Murphy
Jeremy Crittenden
Terry Serpico
Maulik Pancholy
Patrick Kwok-Choon
Clare McConnell
Harry Judge
David Benjamin Tomlinson
Ronnie Rowe Jr.
Conrad Coates
Sam Vartholomeos
Bonnie Morgan

Jason Isaacs/Jayne Brook
Anthony Rapp/Wilson Cruz
Mary Chieffo/Shazad Latif
Rainn Wilson/Katherine Barrell
Mary Wiseman (6-case incentive auto-relic)
Sonequa Martin-Green/Jason Isaacs (9-case incentive)

Other details on card numbers:

12 relic cards, odds still TBD
18 Behind the Scenes
11 Characters
9 Opening Sequence
8 Mirror, Mirror
2 case toppers
1 reward card (DP5)
4 promos

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Rainn Wilson

I think that is all I need.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:

https://www.scifihobby.com/pro...cs/abox-contents.jpg

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
quote:

I like that RA is clearly stating the Archive box contents, including the EXCLUSIONS, even though it's the last thing mentioned in really small print. Not that I could ever get one, but those who can should know what it's missing.

It looks like whoever signs an Archive box exclusive card gets their regular pack autograph card skipped. So in that case, shouldn't their Non-Archive box autograph card be called a Pack Exclusive? Just saying. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
...It looks like whoever signs an Archive box exclusive card gets their regular pack autograph card skipped...

I don't understand why they have done that, I would have thought the closer the archive box comes to having all the released cards, the more desirable it is.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Still odd therefore that there's no single auto at all for Mary Wiseman and Anthony Rapp. I thought they might end up being archive box exclusives.

Mind you, the archive box contents say there are 40 pack-inserted autographs, and the checklist currently lists 31 - from which you remove the 3 exclusions, leaving 28 - so it's not complete. Whether that means there's signers missing, or it just means some of them are duplicated on bordered and full bleed cards, not sure yet.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
quote:

Thank you. Shame there's 7 box cards excluded, plus the incentives - this used to be a big bonus for such a huge outlay. I'd rather see these rather than exclusive alternatives.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So it looks like archive boxes have permanently drifted away from their "master set" origins and have now become a box of all the common cards, missing the most rare/valuable pack-inserted and incentive cards, and having added an ever-growing list of archive box exclusive cards. It's become too complicated and confusing for me. Frown

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Autograph scarcities have been posted on the checklist...

https://www.scifihobby.com/pro...cklist.cfm?SetID=355

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post