Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Terminator 2 Anniversary
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Terminator 2 Anniversary
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
The sketches will have to make up for the value in this one. You can't rely on the autograph.

I agree, you have to be crazy about sketch cards to pick up a sealed box. I'll probably pick up a base set (72+9 cards) at some point, there will be plenty on the dealer market.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Artist-List: Dance

Posts: 38 | Location: Germany | Registered: February 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very glad I'm not a massive fan and will happily give this a wide berth.
Typically it was this set that I got as a proof set in my year set make up.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is coming in mid-Sept, not November as previously mentioned elsewhere. That was an error, I guess.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
I couldn't make out who the other 3 autographs were by either but assumed they played characters that weren't around long.
I'll probably get the box/binder deal but I don't have high hopes.

I wouldn't bother. Sealed boxes usually cost half as much from dealers as they do direct from Unstoppable.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
It appears that there is an Arnie cut signature so 6 actors with cut cards which will be inserted 1:3 cases. I think there are some rare prop cards which will also be inserted in that mix. The cut autos will be in the boxes.

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
one Case Incentive Sketch:

Posts: 38 | Location: Germany | Registered: February 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Triple Case Sketch:

posted Hide Post
Six Case Sketch:

posted Hide Post
Goodies !

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Someone said that they are almost all sold out. Not sure if that is true, if pre-orders start Sept 3. Maybe dealers have grabbed most boxes already and very few are left for individual, non-USA purchasers ? I don't know

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
yeah maybe almost sold out Roll Eyes

posted Hide Post
Newsletter email this morning with details of discount code. Only the figures don't tally and then the email finishes with details on the year set premiums which have sold out!
Confused.com!

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Got to say that the autos are really leaving me cold.

The on-card signers are bit-parters in truest sense, would anybody really want autos from those guys?

The cuts are a good way of strengthening the lineup if Unstoppable couldn't get them on card but...
- Linda Hamilton's lovely signature is chopped to bits by the small window frame.
- You can too clearly see cards that Patrick and Morton have been harvested from.
- They will be too rare by the sounds of it (and none of these people are hard signers to get autos from in the real world)
- They offer nothing new: why wouldn't you buy Artbox's far nicer looking on-card versions over these?

And could Schwarzenegger's card be any more plain/boring? What should be an epic card is so bland. They could have moved the window box down a bit and got a picture of him on the front.

The sketch cards do look to be of a very high standard though!

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder what the 3 bonus cards are, that you can only get by pre-ordering directly from Unstoppable's website

Unfortunately, we in the U.S. can't get them !

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome Sketch Cards by:Huy Truong

such great Art Eek hope to pull some Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What is the release date on this, anyone know ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Release date is 18th September

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Seems like a bunch of UK dealers are passing on this set

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Seems like a bunch of UK dealers are passing on this set

That's very odd as I personally have had a lot of interest in this product.