Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Terminator 2 Anniversary
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Terminator 2 Anniversary
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
According to Facebook, Unstoppable cards in the UK has a T2 set coming Spring 2017

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Can't imagine why. Terminator 2 cards and stickers from the likes of Topps, Impel and Artbox are still widely available. Autograph cards are pricey, but still fairly easy to find if you must have them, even for Hamilton.

The main cast for T2 is actually only 5 actors and I think 8 autograph cards were made by Artbox, including 4 of the minor cast. I have seven of them, am missing the dual of the brothers. Arnold did not sign for T2 cards as far as I know, but relics and film clip cards exist.

Maybe sketch cards would be new, but is that enough?

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They were supposed to do a British Horror set in Nov, and that has yet to come out

Only a preview set was released this summer

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
As Raven said, T2 is pretty well covered. The set by Arbox is near perfect - an autograph card from Arnie being the only missing piece. Any new set would have to have him involved otherwise what is the point?

The first two Terminator films are classics, and whilst T2 gets all the praise, I prefer The Terminator and would be more interested to see some cards from that film. Especially seeing as NONE have ever been made.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Spring 2017

That means September.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
2 promos for this in the upcoming British Horror set, only 100 of each made

But to get them, you have to order a 10 box case of British Horror, which is like $ 500-600 Frown

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:

But to get them, you have to order a 10 box case of British Horror, which is like $ 500-600 Frown

These are intended as dealer incentive cards, I would imagine you should be able pick them up for ~£10 each.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Dealers I have spoken to have said that they will get 1 case, so they'll get 1 of each promo only, and they've already committed to selling them to their established customers

So maybe not easy to obtain for others

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

A lot for a load of autographs fans of that era of British horror have already got...

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Anyone have any more info on the promos for this? There are quite a few eBay listings popping up but some have more details than others...

Some state explicitly they are hand-numbered out of 100, but others make no mention at all. None of the listings I can see show any numbering on the card fronts or backs.

So is there a numbered and unnumbered version of PR1 and PR2?

Confused

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
Anyone have any more info on the promos for this? There are quite a few eBay listings popping up but some have more details than others...

Some state explicitly they are hand-numbered out of 100, but others make no mention at all. None of the listings I can see show any numbering on the card fronts or backs.

So is there a numbered and unnumbered version of PR1 and PR2?

Confused

They are not hand numbered. No idea why not as all the other promos in the case topper pack are. I can only assume as I have not seen any outside of the case topper packs that there are 100 of each same as all the other promos. You could try contacting Unstoppable direct via their website to confirm.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Coming late August, and will be "very, very limited"

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Are they always so vague with product details? "Late August" is only a month away...

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
Are they always so vague with product details? "Late August" is only a month away...

Current info is each box will contain

A 72-card set
A 9-card foil set
1 Sketch card
1 Autograph card
1 film cell card OR printing plate

Current release date is September, it is also noted 'This product is not for sale in USA' .

Very Limited preview sets are due to be included in their 2017 Yearset.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
quote:
Originally posted by X:

Current info is each box will contain

A 72-card set
A 9-card foil set
1 Sketch card
1 Autograph card
1 film cell card OR printing plate

Current release date is September, it is also noted 'This product is not for sale in USA' .

Very Limited preview sets are due to be included in their 2017 Yearset.

I think you might find a few people willing to sell it to you poor deprived Americans Big Grin .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
Current details from their site:-

Terminator 2 Anniversary Official Trading Cards BOX SET SERIES ONE. Base Set of 72 Cards plus 9 Foil Cards plus two special cards in each box.
Very limited edition of 1,499 boxed numbered sets for Series One. (Late November)

Terminator 2 Limited Edition 1 of 300 Collectors Padded American Binders. These binders will contain a 2 card exclusive 1/300 promo card set (Late August)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WOMBLE,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What does this mean ? The card set is coming in November but the binder in August ?

What happened to late summer / Sept for the release ?

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
What happened to late summer / Sept for the release ?

The same thing that happens to every Unstoppable release date ever?

posted Hide Post
quote:
1,499 boxed

Be cool Smokin' It's only because some more Boxes were produced from 1000 to 1499
Not a big Deal it's worth to wait a little bit longer for this great RELEASE Wink
By the way, RA did the same thing over and over again Wink

Posts: 38 | Location: Germany | Registered: February 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
As Raven said, T2 is pretty well covered. The set by Arbox is near perfect - an autograph card from Arnie being the only missing piece. Any new set would have to have him involved otherwise what is the point?

The first two Terminator films are classics, and whilst T2 gets all the praise, I prefer The Terminator and would be more interested to see some cards from that film. Especially seeing as NONE have ever been made.

Arnold did sign for the Comic Images T-3 set which I was lucky enough to pull. Was there ever an original Terminator set? We already have multiple releases of 2, 3 and one of 4. Why don't they do that instead of re-hash old ground? Are card companies in the re-make rut too?

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post