Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Terminator 2 Anniversary
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Terminator 2 Anniversary
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Are card companies in the re-make rut too?

It seems like new sets don't get much support -- see American Horror Story, Orphan Black, and well just about everything that isn't an extension of a long running card line or Marvel related for examples.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by X:
As Raven said, T2 is pretty well covered. The set by Arbox is near perfect - an autograph card from Arnie being the only missing piece. Any new set would have to have him involved otherwise what is the point?

The first two Terminator films are classics, and whilst T2 gets all the praise, I prefer The Terminator and would be more interested to see some cards from that film. Especially seeing as NONE have ever been made.

Arnold did sign for the Comic Images T-3 set which I was lucky enough to pull. Was there ever an original Terminator set? We already have multiple releases of 2, 3 and one of 4. Why don't they do that instead of re-hash old ground? Are card companies in the re-make rut too?

The T3 Arnold auto is a cool card, just a shame it was for that particular film. Didn't most/all of the cards suffer from chipping damages to the edges?

The Terminator is my favourite of series by far and I would much prefer a set for that film, it could have a nice small auto run with Arnie, Linda Hamilton, Michael Biehn, Lance Henriksen, Earl Boen, Brian Thompson and Dick Miller.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:

It seems like new sets don't get much support -- see American Horror Story, Orphan Black, and well just about everything that isn't an extension of a long running card line or Marvel related for examples.

Mostly true. American Gods is going to bomb next year too. Not least because it's going to be so long after the event.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:

The T3 Arnold auto is a cool card, just a shame it was for that particular film. Didn't most/all of the cards suffer from chipping damages to the edges?

The Terminator is my favourite of series by far and I would much prefer a set for that film, it could have a nice small auto run with Arnie, Linda Hamilton, Michael Biehn, Lance Henriksen, Earl Boen, Brian Thompson and Dick Miller.

Yeah, even the cards that weren't passed on to the actors had chipping problems. I also have the Nick Stahl and Stan Winston from that set. My Arnold card is in pretty good shape but certainly not mint.

I did not realize that Dick Miller was still living, that would be a great signature. Rick Rossovitch from Top Gun fame as well. Bess Motta as Ginger. James Cameron and Gale Anne Hurd sigs would easily sell out the product.

Can you imagine what a dual Arnold/Cameron card would do?

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by X:
As Raven said, T2 is pretty well covered. The set by Arbox is near perfect - an autograph card from Arnie being the only missing piece. Any new set would have to have him involved otherwise what is the point?

The first two Terminator films are classics, and whilst T2 gets all the praise, I prefer The Terminator and would be more interested to see some cards from that film. Especially seeing as NONE have ever been made.

Arnold did sign for the Comic Images T-3 set which I was lucky enough to pull. Was there ever an original Terminator set? We already have multiple releases of 2, 3 and one of 4. Why don't they do that instead of re-hash old ground? Are card companies in the re-make rut too?

It's all about who owns the rights and how much they want for the licence. You have to bear in mind that apart from Topps and Upper Deck all card companies are very small operations when compared to the movies they are making sets for and often can't afford the asking price for the rights to the property.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
It's all about who owns the rights and how much they want for the licence. You have to bear in mind that apart from Topps and Upper Deck all card companies are very small operations when compared to the movies they are making sets for and often can't afford the asking price for the rights to the property.

Sure, and of course not knowing the details and only going by assumption. I would think that the original Terminator license would be cheaper than the T-2. Or at least roughly the same. T-2 was the monster money maker of the entire series.

I did read in Business Insider that all rights for the franchise will revert back to James Cameron in 2019. Apparently he sold it for a dollar back in 84 so he could be allowed to direct it.

Of course Jim has been struggling ever since so I'm pulling for him to turn it all around!! Wink

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The new Year Set being sold by Unstoppable has a Terminator 4 card preview set in it. 150 made.

Posts: 3998 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 38 | Location: Germany | Registered: February 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sure, and of course not knowing the details and only going by assumption. I would think that the original Terminator license would be cheaper than the T-2. Or at least roughly the same. T-2 was the monster money maker of the entire series. Wink

Studio Canal (A French Company), co-financed the T2 movie so they own the European rights. If Unstoppable wanted to sell directly in the USA they would have to deal with whoever owns the rights there (no doubt much more expensive).

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Going off the flyer above. Only three autograph cards listed.
Ken Gibbel, Mark Christopher Lawrence and Abdul Salaam El Razzac.

Posts: 138 | Location: England | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
Now limited to 999 boxes. Each case of 10 boxes contains a 'Master' box and case topper.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Standard and Masterbox Wink

Posts: 38 | Location: Germany | Registered: February 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Seems like you can order the binder now from Unstoppable, but the boxes not for a few more weeks

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So all the good signatures are cut... greeeaaaat.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:

4 look like cut signature but 3 more look to be on-card.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:

4 look like cut signature but 3 more look to be on-card.

Yes. but those 4 cuts are the main cast, Hamilton, Furlong, Patrick and Morton. All of them have at least a couple of on-card signatures available, including in the original Terminator 2 set. The other 3 autographs are from people I never heard of, who played walk on parts.

No Arnie autograph yet I guess.

I will say that those sketches look really good. I'm sure they are the best ones shown, but still they are quite nice.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Let me take a guess here... on the Joe Morton card I believe I can see a little of the "Inkworks Authentic" stamp next to his signature so I'd say that's from his Smallville autograph, the Robert Patrick cut is from his Psych autograph, and the Hamilton and Furlong cuts are both taken from Pop Century. Big Grin Roll Eyes

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
Let me take a guess here... on the Joe Morton card I believe I can see a little of the "Inkworks Authentic" stamp next to his signature so I'd say that's from his Smallville autograph, the Robert Patrick cut is from his Psych autograph, and the Hamilton and Furlong cuts are both taken from Pop Century. Big Grin Roll Eyes

Wow you have good eyes. I do see the Inkworks seal now that you pointed it out.

I also see that it says that "there are very few CUT AUTO Cards, not guaranteed in any cases". So be prepared to get multiples of the no-name signers in boxes.

The sketches will have to make up for the value in this one. You can't rely on the autograph.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I couldn't make out who the other 3 autographs were by either but assumed they played characters that weren't around long.
I'll probably get the box/binder deal but I don't have high hopes.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post