Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Terminator 2 Anniversary

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/3697050586

September 14, 2017, 09:56 AM
Tommy C
Terminator 2 Anniversary
They told me that the autos are not desirable or too hard to pull, so it's not worth it for them
September 14, 2017, 10:12 AM
wolfie
This product is very much driven by the sketch cards not the autographs. There are some fantastic sketch cards from what i have seen so if that is your thing this would be a good purchase. I guess if you are a dealer the thought is can i sell the sketches for more than my outlay which is quite understandable.

September 15, 2017, 07:12 PM
Studio-Hades
Non sport collecting seems to be turning into glorified autograph collecting. I keep seeing it on these boards time and time again. All anyone cares about now is autos. Why not just collect autos?

September 15, 2017, 07:28 PM
cardaddict
I have one auto - a KIA. I can't afford to collect any more.
September 15, 2017, 07:56 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by Studio-Hades:
Non sport collecting seems to be turning into glorified autograph collecting. I keep seeing it on these boards time and time again. All anyone cares about now is autos. Why not just collect autos?

Straight autograph collecting always begs the question, how do I know its real? Even when you are the one getting it in-person, you still have to convince others and need supporting documentation or get third party authentication.

Certified autograph cards take away that element of doubt as they come with, at the very least, a generally accepted level of authentication from the manufacturer and/or the signer. That assurance trumps the signed 8x10 for me, even though I think framed 8x10s make for a better display.

So I do just collect certified autograph cards of favorite signers, but I also have had specific titles that I stuck with and still do at times. In reading the threads I get the feeling that most card collectors are title focused first and the autographs come second, followed by the pecking order of the other premium hits. They do still want base sets, but average base sets have minimal value.

Hobby boxes/cases cost a lot of money. If they don't have at least some high priced premium hits in them, how can you make back some of that value? Even a common $8 auto is better than another base card.
September 15, 2017, 11:42 PM
webjon
quote:
Originally posted by Studio-Hades:

Why not just collect autos, or sketches, or hits in general -- it seems like that is what many collectors do. . . and why not, most base sets sell for a few bucks, for me I don't have the time to sort them or the space to store them . . .

It's been an evolution in collecting. . . Most people don't buy by the pack anymore, if you buy a box generally you get a whole set and lots of chase. . . buy a couple of boxes and in general you get everything except all of the hits. So. . . if you get all the chase and commons in a couple of boxes what's left to collect?

If the hits are really what people are chasing now that means that all the people breaking -- from the person breaking a couple of boxes all the way up to the people breaking a ton of cases are left with piles of duplicate cards.

It's a strange hobby in that way. . . Many collectors effectively demand over production of base cards.

Anyway. . . What is wrong if people who spend weeks, months, if not years collecting the autographs and hits in a set? What makes them less as collectors than people who buy a box or two, get a base set and are done with it?

. . . Also -- what would happen if the autograph and hit collectors stopped buying non-sport cards? What if all the people who buy a case or several cases of cards reduced their order to a single box -- or just stopped buying?
September 21, 2017, 03:29 PM
Tommy C
On this set, what are the BONUS cards that you get if you buy directly from Unstoppable ? Anyone know ?

I thought it said you get 3 exclusive cards, and not the binder cards, which are different
October 05, 2017, 11:11 AM
Tommy C
It looks like on the Arnold S. autos, 8 were made. Is that correct ?

I have seen a few "you know where" offered in the $ 600 range, and they are unsold

Is there a lack of interest in the autos for this set ?