Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Dang! Liam Neeson Batman Begins autograph. . .
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dang! Liam Neeson Batman Begins autograph. . .
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted
There is a Neeson autograph on eBay with 2 days left in the auction and it's already at $700!

Looks like this is another non-sport autograph that is significantly on the rise. The highest previous sale I see on PWCC was $307.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I sold one a few years ago for between $700 and $900. (I can't remember which, but it was at least $700.) Someone just emailed me directly after seeing mine (along with the Gary Oldman which I still have) and we worked out a deal. I remember the buyer telling me he'd sold or traded his and regretted it almost immediately, so he was willing to make a really good offer to get mine.

There's a lot of Star Wars autograph collectors who have been waiting for him to sign as Qui-Gon Jinn from "Phantom Menace", so maybe their covering their bases in case he never does. I liked having it for "Schinder's List" as opposed to Star Wars (or Batman). I consider that movie to still be his career high point.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I had two of these years ago and sold one for $150 and the other for $125. Shake Head

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bone
posted Hide Post
Sweet! I have the complete Batman Begins autograph set. I might list mine soon.

Posts: 78 | Location: Australia | Registered: August 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just bought Michael Caine from this set for £120. Was pretty happy with that.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I'm so glad I got both Liam and Michael early as it does not look like they will sign again. I am sure that Topps has made several attempts to get Liam in a set.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always watched the Batman Begins autos wanting to add them to my collection, but never pulled the trigger, except on Katie Holmes.

Obviously regretting not picking the rest of these up before. . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
There is a Neeson autograph on eBay with 2 days left in the auction and it's already at $700!

And now 21 minutes after that auction ended at $699 the seller re-listed the same exact card with an opening bid of $500. Confused

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
The only one I ever got was Cillian Murphy. Even back then the others were too expensive for me. And I highly disliked the movie.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Those boxes were on clearance for a good while, which sort of speaks to the popularity in general of trading cards about 10 years ago.

From boxes I opened, most at discount, I got Caine and two Cillian Murphys, one of which I sold. I then got an incredible package deal on Oldman/Neeson. I sold the 3 card Memorabilia set with the hard to find chest piece of the Batman uniform for a nice price, so that pretty much paid for all of my boxes.

I then sold the Neeson as I mentioned and got back all of the money back that I paid for him and Oldman, and then some.

The result is I'm pretty pleased to have the Caine, Oldman, and Murphy for less than nothing. I would still like to have a Neeson, but I was never interested in the Katie Holmes. I'm not sure why she was cast in the first place. Maggie Gyllenhaal was heads and shoulders better in the next one.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, I have all the costume cards, too, so that's something, at least.
I'm fairly certain I still have a sealed box, too.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Bought my Michael Caine about 4 years ago for £85 (with an eBay money off coupon) when I saw his prices were creeping up and din't want to miss the boat. I've seen him sell for £200 odd the last couple of years.

I also wish I had a Neeson. Thought he was great in Batman.

Doubt he will ever sign for Star Wars. Apparently his experience on the Phantom Menace made him want to quit acting, so maybe not fond memories for him!
Still, I NEVER though Topps would get Ewan McGregor to sign Star Wars cards but 20 years later we'll have official on-card autographs from him coming out this year. So never say never...

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:

And now 21 minutes after that auction ended at $699 the seller re-listed the same exact card with an opening bid of $500. Confused

Hmm . . . strange . . . could it be a shill bidder?

I thought it was odd that the card was that high with 2 days left then got no action at all the last 2 days.