Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Dr Who Big Screen Additions Mono - Strictly Ink
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr Who Big Screen Additions Mono - Strictly Ink
 Login/Join

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Barrie and very impressed by the quick turnaround. Any chance of displaying some of the Orosco or Corroney redemptions, the one's I've seen so far look awesome Clap

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
For those who don't already know: Strictly Ink's website is currently selling a limited number of binders (100 total) for this set...bit after the event, but better late than never! Thumb Up

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
Ordered my binder, nice to have a proper home for the set.

These are the Kyle Babbitt return sketches I got from him.

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dalekfan:
For those who don't already know: Strictly Ink's website is currently selling a limited number of binders (100 total) for this set...bit after the event, but better late than never! Thumb Up

Has anyone received either the Binder or the Yearbook yet ?

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dis68:
Has anyone received either the Binder or the Yearbook yet ?
The binders and Yearsets wont be shipped out till January. According to the note I received from Barrie this morning, the main release of the Yearsets will be in three weeks time.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
If you have a scan of your dr who sketches could you add them to this site for the referance and veiwing of everyone. http://www.sci-fiplanet.com/pics/

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
I got a scan of the awesome sketches Robert Hack did for me from this set. Can't wait to see them in hand. Big GrinElephant

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
Robert is a class act, his cards are always awesome and those are three great ones. I love the Tom Baker!

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
I have added this great Clay McCormack sketch to my collection. He is another artist that was not one of the original 24 artists in the set release. This is making it hard to know if you have all the artists and a master set.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice new sketch you have there, though I have to admit to liking the previous ones from Mr Hack slightly more.

quote:
Originally posted by sittin9duck:
I have added this great Clay McCormack sketch to my collection. He is another artist that was not one of the original 24 artists in the set release. This is making it hard to know if you have all the artists and a master set.
With the Who Mono set, I've settled on just sticking with the original 24 artists to make up a Master Set. With no definitive list of official 'new' artists for the Yearset extras, oddments like the one off Jay Pangan sketch and other artists getting blanks in with their artist returns, I think it's the only option really Thumb Up

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
Added a few excellent new sketches to my collection, all return commissions. Three cartoon style from Rich Molinelli, three from Leah Mangue, two from Chris Henderson, Sarah Wilkinson, Amy Pronovost and Nick Neocleous. Big Grin

These additions leaves me four artists away from a master set of return sketches.

Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
There is a new artist for the mono set, Jason Atomic has done 11 cards for the set all based on the old Weetabix cards from the 70s.

http://www.sci-fiplanet.com/pi...ories.php?cat_id=102

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is a new artist for the mono set, Jason Atomic has done 11 cards for the set all based on the old Weetabix cards from the 70s.

How can anyone expect to keep collecting 'new' cards for a set that has been out this long?

Neat cards, but the next question might be how they are going to be distributed.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:

How can anyone expect to keep collecting 'new' cards for a set that has been out this long?

Neat cards, but the next question might be how they are going to be distributed.

Ed

The truly ironic thing is that I host the website which displays more of Strictly Inks cards than he seems to be able to manage.

These cards are very nice, but they were never part of the set.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Me thinks Jason Atomic also watched the wrong Doctor Who, don't remember seeing those guys in the Movie, but nice sketches anyway.

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sci-FiPlanet:
The truly ironic thing is that I host the website which displays more of Strictly Inks cards than he seems to be able to manage.
You might want to put your own house in order before pointing out the failings of others. The Cult-Stuff website contains the following statement with regard to its Sherlock Holmes and Victorian Crime collection:

"We will be publishing the full list of all artists involved with the set AND the number of cards each artist has completed. Scans of all the cards will also be available HERE. We are absolutely committed to transparency when it comes to artist lists, and card numbers, this information makes collecting the cards much easier."

This set has now been on sale for some time but a complete list of artists has yet to appear, how many each has done is still not forthcoming and scans of all the sketches have not been posted. At least not as far as I can see.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Jas:
Me thinks Jason Atomic.....
Me thinks there are far too many Jasons popping up around here Big Grin

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
quote:
Originally posted by Sci-FiPlanet:
You might want to put your own house in order before pointing out the failings of others. The Cult-Stuff website contains the following statement with regard to its Sherlock Holmes and Victorian Crime collection:

"We will be publishing the full list of all artists involved with the set AND the number of cards each artist has completed. Scans of all the cards will also be available HERE. We are absolutely committed to transparency when it comes to artist lists, and card numbers, this information makes collecting the cards much easier."

This set has now been on sale for some time but a complete list of artists has yet to appear, how many each has done is still not forthcoming and scans of all the sketches have not been posted. At least not as far as I can see.

Actually thats not quite right, the first half of the set has been out, and a lot of the scans are available here: www.cult-stuff.com/cards and have been for sometime.

The second half has been delayed for some time now, for a number of reasons, including some artists pulling out because they couldn't work on our card stock. Because of that I had to go back to artists and commission new ones to do work for the second lot of sketch cards. Until I have all the cards I cant give those final numbers and lists. I would rather be late than post incorrect information.

We have things in pretty good order Smile In fact I think you will find a thread in this very forum with some (not final) numbers from artists included. If you would like to criticize our stuff that would be fine with me, but please do it in a thread that belongs to one of our sets lol We could do with the traffic Wink

Also yeah way to many Jason's

One last thing: I was pointing out the failings of other LONG before we started making cards. Why would I stop that now?

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
8 pages on a product from a company that doesn't support NSU in anyway is 8 pages too many. Plus SI have constantly brought out "new" cards for old sets. They are taking the mickey out of collectors

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think there are enough Jasons on this board, are we becoming Jasonist on here?

Regarding Strictly Inks not supporting NSU itself, whilst unfortunate I don't think it would be in the best interests of the hobby only to allow adverisers products to be mentioned on the board. There is a wide spectrum of collectors who post here and support the board by buying NSU and they collect a wide range of products and singling one out seems to me to be an act of prejudice towards both the manufacturer and collector alike. If you don't like it don't post.

On the subject of additional artists, yes it's a pain, but all part of the course for SI products and we should really expect no less.

Posts: 277 | Location: Hell, England | Registered: December 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post