Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Dr Who Big Screen Additions Mono - Strictly Ink
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr Who Big Screen Additions Mono - Strictly Ink
 Login/Join

Manufacturer
posted
Barrie sent me a list of the artists which he said I could post. A very impressive line up, apprently sketches will be posted on the new SI website very soon. Well here's the list give or take a couple of artists:

Nick Neocleous
Gary Ochiltree
Chris Henderson
Don Pedocini Jr
Jason Davies
Sean Pence
Kevin Graham
Carolyn Edwards
Robert Aragon
Robert Hack
Andrew Fry
Potratz & Hai
Daniel Bergren
Sarah Lyons
Jed Raven
Leah Mangue
Ryan Orosco
Jim Kyle
Kyle Babbit
Jessica Hickman
Ingrid Hardy
Rich Molinelli
Amy Pronovost
James Macneil
Joe Corroney
Sarah Wilkinson

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like this might be quite an interesting release. The list of artists certainly contains 'all of the usual suspects' plus several names I've not see before (not too surprising since I've only been looking at one set up to now Smile). I seem to remember that there will only be 999 boxes released so I suppose it's a case of watch this space to see what actually appears.

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Sketch cards will be inserted at 1 per box and there shouldn't be any duplicate artists in a case. Some of the new artists have done some fantastic work on Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, especial Potratz and Hai. I'm hoping to get a sketch by Sean Pence on this one.

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Let's hope the good sketches go in boxes and arent sold on e-bay

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Every card produced is in the production, no redemptions, just one amazing one off release.
B Smile

Posts: 170 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Barrie Roness:
Every card produced is in the production, no redemptions, just one amazing one off release.
B Smile

Sounds great. So will this be the release Barrie shows NSU, NSU Card Talk, and the hobby some support with an advertisement in the magazine? Come on Barrie, we're waiting......Well, I am anyway..... Big Grin Hey, it's our 20th Anniversary Issue...An ad once or twice in 20 years can't hurt, can it? He he.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post

Got this picture emailed to me earlier, can't make out the artist though but a great sketch, Dalekfan will like this one Big Grin

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
While I really like Doctor Who, that lack of support for NSU is why I'll not be buying this product. But considering that this product will probably sell out nonetheless, I doubt that SI is concerned by my decision.

Thank you very much for your support, Kennywood! I appreciate that.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
While I really like Doctor Who, that lack of support for NSU is why I'll not be buying this product. But considering that this product will probably sell out nonetheless, I doubt that SI is concerned by my decision.

I'm right there with you, Kennywood. I was getting into the various Doctor Who releases, but once I realized that SI was not supporting NSU, I gave up on them. What's the deal, Strictly Ink ?

Posts: 1458 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
quote:

Thank you very much for your support, Kennywood! I appreciate that.

Some of us get pulled up for negativity towards certain manufacturers then someone gets praised for suggesting they won't buy a product from another manufacturer, I don't get it Shake Head

I'll buy this product because I like Dr Who sketches and I think the artist list is great on this set.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Jas:
I'll buy this product because I like Dr Who sketches and I think the artist list is great on this set.
Strangely enough that's why I will be getting some of these too. I've been a Doctor Who fan since November 23rd 1963 when I watched the first episode broadcast on the BBC and I buy related memorabilia based on whether or not I like the item not on which other commercial organisation(s) they choose to support with their advertising budget.

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Hi Harris drop me an email! Lets work out a deal. We are expanding into the USA this winter so will be able to come back on board, sorry you've missed us, regards Barrie

p.s. Blue Horseshoe loves Non Sport Update!

Posts: 170 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
The question is... is this the finest sketch artist selection, in any product released this year? I hope so, this is for the fans.
Barrie

posted Hide Post
I agree with Barrie, majorly impresive line up of talent, dependant upon how many sketches make it into the boxes and not onto that auction site after a while. As has happened with - Doctor Who Trilogy, New Avengers, Hammer Horror, Celeberity Sketches and Harryhousen... oh every Strictly Ink release with sketches in...

Posts: 277 | Location: Hell, England | Registered: December 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
The question is... is this the finest sketch artist selection, in any product released this year? I hope so, this is for the fans.
Barrie

Any list with NIK doing sketches works for me, but as Hammer indicated, will all the (Best) sketches be put into the boxes?

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hi Harris drop me an email! Lets work out a deal. We are expanding into the USA this winter so will be able to come back on board, sorry you've missed us, regards Barrie

I will Barrie but I gotta tell you, I've heard it before. More then once.

As for what Kevin F has posted....Card Talk -- the board you are using -- would simply not be here with the magazine. And the magazine can only continue with the support of you, the magazine buyers and subscribers, and our advertising partners. So if Barrie (or other companies) wants to use NSU resources, as he is doing here, or have NSU write about his products, include his cards in the price guide, include them in the books, etc. shouldn't he show at least a little support for the hobby? Its not as if there are a lot of hobby publications out there. I do realize that you shouldn't have to worry about who makes the cards you are buying. I just wish I had that luxury and sometimes, somethings just get the better of me. Mad

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Well said, Harris. What some people fail to see is that the hobby overall is suffering. We have already seen one popular manufacturer cease operations, and if people think that the other manufactuers, distributors, dealers, and publications are doing well, that's a mistake. It's tough right now. If we all don't support the hobby, we may not have much of one in the near future. NSU supports the entire hobby, and SI has not done it's part to support NSU. I'm noy saying you have to take an ad in every issue, but just when you have a major release would be fine. Same goes for people who are members of this board who have never brought a copy of NSU. I'm not saying you have to subscribe or buy every issue, but at least pick up a copy or two during a year. It makes me appreciate the effort a company like Breygent is making to promote the hobby and NSU, and be good to collectors at the same time.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I must say that I do agree with Batman, I frequent this site yet I do not even know what a copy of NSU looks like Shake Head
I feel embarressed that I enjoy talking about the hobby yet not supporting NSU who brings everyone together in this one place.

I will be subscribing to NSU on that basis but just wanted to ask if Harris would consider a 6 month subscription in a bid to encourage more people to subscribe. I'm not saying $60 for UK subscribers is over the top, personally it would be an easier pill to swallow if I could pay the subscription fee twice over the course of a year. Perhaps a move like this would bring more in subscribers?? We're all feeling the pinch right now!!

Back on topic, does any know who the artist is of that awesome 2 panel sketch I posted earlier??

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jason Wright,

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Well said, Harris. What some people fail to see is that the hobby overall is suffering. We have already seen one popular manufacturer cease operations, and if people think that the other manufactuers, distributors, dealers, and publications are doing well, that's a mistake. It's tough right now. If we all don't support the hobby, we may not have much of one in the near future. NSU supports the entire hobby, and SI has not done it's part to support NSU. I'm noy saying you have to take an ad in every issue, but just when you have a major release would be fine. Same goes for people who are members of this board who have never brought a copy of NSU. I'm not saying you have to subscribe or buy every issue, but at least pick up a copy or two during a year. It makes me appreciate the effort a company like Breygent is making to promote the hobby and NSU, and be good to collectors at the same time.

Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Jas:

I will be subscribing to NSU on that basis but just wanted to ask if Harris would consider a 6 month subscription in a bid to encourage more people to subscribe. I'm not saying $60 for UK subscribers is over the top, personally it would be an easier pill to swallow if I could pay the subscription fee twice over the course of a year. Perhaps a move like this would bring more in subscribers?? We're all feeling the pinch right now!!

If you attend the November Memorabilia Show (or know someone who does) Hariis does a deal for U.K. subscribers. It may be worth checking with Harris to see if he is attending this year, if so, ASK A FRIEND to subscribe for you.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post