Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Dr Who Big Screen Additions Mono - Strictly Ink
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr Who Big Screen Additions Mono - Strictly Ink
 Login/Join

Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
Some great cards Rich, I to realy like the new cartoon style sketch and for my the dalek coming out from behind the wall is out standing. Will there be more of the cartoon style cards?

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Rich has always produced great work, he has unique skills that many people don't get! I had a specific view of how brilliant people could be and gave them months to work on creating pieces of art we would all love to have in our collections. Its about passion this time. Thanks Rich, you are awesome! Barrie

Posts: 170 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMolinelli:
1) when I was being tested for cancer
As I've been dealing with that particular problem myself since March, I know exactly how it can screw things up for you...and I'm still waiting on a definitive answer one way or the other Frown

On a more positive note, I'm impressed with the cards you've shown over on Scoundrel. A really nice mixed collection. Excellent work sir Thumb Up Smile

P.S. To Doctor Jas: Love the Disclaimer. I wish I'd thought of that one Big Grin

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
Doctor Jas, your posts are always a breath of fresh air and always make me smile: that's why I enjoy doing business (and friendship) with you.

Mr Molinelli: I doff my hat to you both as an artist AND a man who clearly can overcome any adversity. I shall doubly enjoy your sketches in the future, armed with this knowledge of your staying power. Clap

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I love happy people and happy comments Luv You

I will also take my hat off to Barrie and say that this set has surpassed all expectations. The quality of the sketches is just awesome Metal

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Only another 2/3 weeks until this set comes out Clap

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
I have my first sketch and another on the way. Elephant

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Jas:
Only another 2/3 weeks until this set comes out Clap
Yep, my credit card has started to look a little concerned already Smile Meanwhile, I've been keeping myself distracted by working on my only real sketch card collection. I have three more cards for my Harryhausen collection in the works that should be rather special...but I'll keep the details under wraps for now Big Grin

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sittin9duck:

I thought this set was not released yet????? So how do you a sketch already???

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
Sittin9duck and Dalekfan have some of the largest Who sketch collections in the UK and are in contact with many of the artists who produce the sketches. The artists are give the equivalent of return cards which they may do with whatever they like. Sittin9duck will probably have one of these on the way, because I know for the most part he will not deal directly with SI anymore.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will not deal with Strictly Ink either, having said that I do have several spiffy cards from the new set on route. All from artists, at least this way I know what I am getting and that the money is going to the people who deserve it. It looks on the surface to be a very good set but from the figures I have seen from various artists there is going to be a hell of a lot more than 999 sketches, maybe 1,500 or so. I think there will be a lot of e-bay activity on non inserted premium sketches or another yearbox type thing on the cards.

Posts: 277 | Location: Hell, England | Registered: December 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
quote:
Originally posted by sittin9duck:

I thought this set was not released yet????? So how do you a sketch already???

My first sketch from the set is a return card and I have a scan of another. I also have a few on order.

A nice sketch of Tom from Ingrid Hardy. Clap

And this sketch of Louise from Robert Aragon. Thumb Up

These are the numbers of cards I have from the artists, some may do a few more. Also heard that some Potratz & Hai and James Macneil are to be dealer incentives.

Don Pedicini Jr 50+10
Robert Hack 50
Ingrid Hardy 30
Carolyn Edwards 80
Jason Davies
Kevin Graham 50+10
Nick Neocleous 51+10
Gary Ochiltree 21 more depending on time
Chris Henderson 50+10
Sean Pence 25-50 depending on time
Robert Aragon 50+10
Andrew Fry 40
Potratz & Hai 80+10
Daniel Bergren 50+10
Sarah Lyons 50
Jed Raven 25
Leah Mangue 33+
Ryan Orosco 50+10
Jim Kyle
Kyle Babbit 25-35+5
Rich Molinelli 50+10
Amy Pronovost 50+10
James Macneil
Joe Corroney
Sarah Wilkinson 50+10

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sittin9duck,

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sarah Lyons has said she did 50 cards in total over on the Scoundrel Forums thread where she posted her favourites. Quote:

"heres my favourites from the final batch I did (total of 50)."

And very nice they are too Thumb Up

Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
I have seen her sketches on scoundrels and a preliminary scan of one of her return cards for another collector, they look great. My numbers for her cards were from when she first annouced she was on the set and done 25. Updated her numbers.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
P.S. I can confirm your figure for Gary Ochiltree as that's what he told me about a week ago Wink

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Nice cards Craig Thumb Up

Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
Great cards, Craig. Clap

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
My cards were sent in about a week ago.
I did 51 cards (not 50) plus I have 10 return blanks.

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update on numbers Nik. I have updated Nik's numbers and change my Robert Aragon scan for a better one now the card has arrived.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
Has anyone seen a release date for this set?

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post