Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Dr Who Big Screen Additions Mono - Strictly Ink
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr Who Big Screen Additions Mono - Strictly Ink
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't think an official release date has been announced. The closest I can manage is that I was told in an email from Barrie back on 12th July that I would get my invoice just prior to the mid August release. Depending on exactly when 'mid-August' happens, my best guess would be Monday 17th or sometime that week ? I suppose the determining factor here will be whether all of the contributing artists submitted their completed sketches by the deadline provided by SI...and has this been extended to allow additional cards to be completed if they were requested ? I think this would be a good time for Barrie to drop by and say something as he is the only person who definitely knows the answer Roll Eyes

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
latest update for the Dr Who Big Screen Mono Sketch Per Box Release laster this month!

The final sketch numbers are in and the entire production consists of 1040 sketch cards in total. 40-50 were rejected as simply not good enough or sloppy, not acceptable! for the series. Thank you for making this our most succesful release of the year. We will be shipping in just over 2 Weeks!

Posts: 170 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
so 41 sketches left over!!!!!

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
Are the extra for dealer incentives and replacements? The sketches all look very good. The site has Chris Henderson down as 40 cards but there's 40 + 9 fold out sketches.

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
we lose about 20-40 in the packaging process, all go off to the printers, one artist has been set aside for binder case incentives.
Barrie
Strictly Ink

Posts: 170 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
Would you tell use which cards are losed in packing so we are not hunting for them when they are no longer availible? I heard it would be James McNeil as a incentive.

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Many thanks for the timely update Barrie. After looking through the newly posted sketch card images over on the SI site, I'm definitely looking forward to when my little bundle turns up Smile

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ther seems to be an awful lot of 2 and 3 card panels. There could well be some dissapointed single box buyers.

Posts: 277 | Location: Hell, England | Registered: December 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaseb:
Ther seems to be an awful lot of 2 and 3 card panels. There could well be some dissapointed single box buyers.

Agreed. Multi-card panels look great and always do the artists justice, but they're definitely slanted at case buyers and/or dealers who have a fair chance of acquiring all of the respective panels.

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dalekfan:
Agreed. Multi-card panels look great and always do the artists justice, but they're definitely slanted at case buyers and/or dealers who have a fair chance of acquiring all of the respective panels.
Dealers certainly but I think you need to say multi-case buyers as, in theory, any one case should contain work from 10 different artists (collation errors permitting) and there are 24 artists on this set. So the odds are you need to buy three cases to have any real chance of getting a multi-card panel. One case on its own probably wont do the job.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sean Pence has posted scans of the 25 cards he has contributed to this set over on the Scoundrel Forums. Well worth a drool....er look Big Grin

posted Hide Post
I guess it would be interesting if some of the panel cards were "ate" by the machinery during the packing process...

Posts: 277 | Location: Hell, England | Registered: December 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
thanks for your comments, I agree on the few multiple panel sketches, these will be kept
where possible in individual cases, these cases may indeed contain and extra sketch where a 3 panel item exists. We will not have any sketches over more than 2 cards in future and maybe not any multiples at all. Best!

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Just seen all the scans up on the SI website, if those superb panoramic sketches by Mr Henderson don't fit in the packs then they can be sent to Doctor Jas at...........

I personally like the 2 panel cards and it would be great for case buyers to get both parts in a case. Can't wait to get my cases Big Grin

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
The double sketches would be a good idea for hot boxes and then you could keep to the different artist in each box for the cases.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I have just ordered a box and binder. The shocking thing I saw was that there is a £7.50 surcharge for anyone in London. What a crock Mad It costs no more to London than Essex, Devon or anywhere else in the UK. What gives, Barrie?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
What!!!!

I would have cancelled the order straight away.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
£7.50 Sales Tax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shake Head

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
What!!!!

I would have cancelled the order straight away.

My postal address is Essex so it didn't apply. Doesn't make it right though!

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
I have just ordered a box and binder. The shocking thing I saw was that there is a £7.50 surcharge for anyone in London. .. What gives, Barrie?

Not so much what "gives", but what "takes." "Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Tax Man."

It looks like what you see in the U.S., where extra "local" taxes are imposed if the buyer is local to the seller, but not if the buyer is in another place. I live near a state boundary, so if necessary I could have things shipped to nearby friends on the other side.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post