Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Dr Who Big Screen Additions Mono - Strictly Ink
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr Who Big Screen Additions Mono - Strictly Ink
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
I have just ordered a box and binder. The shocking thing I saw was that there is a £7.50 surcharge for anyone in London. .. What gives, Barrie?

Not so much what "gives", but what "takes." "Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Tax Man."

It looks like what you see in the U.S., where extra "local" taxes are imposed if the buyer is local to the seller, but not if the buyer is in another place. I live near a state boundary, so if necessary I could have things shipped to nearby friends on the other side.

It is not a UK Tax change that I am aware of (thats not to say that we would hear of it!!!!) but it is certainly NOT something that is commonplace

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder if it's got anything to do with that congestion charge Ken Livingstone introduced.Maybe Barries delivery company are charging him and he is passing it on.

This might be the start of a wider trend in postage costs overall.Better vote against congestion charges where you live if it goes to a vote Smile .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Just had an email from Barrie. The surcharge is a glitch in the system and shouldn't be there. All is right again Clap

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
This might be the start of a wider trend in postage costs overall.Better vote against congestion charges where you live if it goes to a vote Smile .
I doubt anywhere that wants to introduce a congestion charge in the UK will be holding a public vote/referendum any time soon. After the resounding 'NO' vote that was handed out by the good citizens of Manchester last year when they were given the opportunity, everywhere else will either simply abandon any plans they had or just put the legislation through regardless of public opinion Twak It depends how much money is involved.

Just saw Graham's post, so forget what I said before Smile

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

My postal address is Essex so it didn't apply.

Oh yes of course, i had forgotten you were an Essex girl. Wave

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just had an email from Barrie. The surcharge is a glitch in the system and shouldn't be there. All is right again Clap

Well thats good news. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

My postal address is Essex so it didn't apply.

Oh yes of course, i had forgotten you were an Essex girl. Wave

There's no answer to that except Wolves 0 West Ham 2 Razz

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

Twak

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Smile Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
For someone who use to live in Plaistow - that score makes it a great start to the season Thumb Up

Sorry Wolfie Wave

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
You can go off people ya know. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see there's an update on the SI site stating that the set is Sold Out and shipping not later than 27th August. Nice going Barrie Smile

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
I got another couple of sketches today. Big Grin

Louise by Jed Raven Clap

Doctor and dalek by Jed Raven Elephant

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Nice cards Craig Thumb Up You're getting quite a collection already!!

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Agreed. At this rate he's going to have a sketch card master set before the rest of us have even got our hands on the regular releases Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just heard from Barrie, these are shipping tomorrow morning, Friday 28th August. So, I'll be receiving my consignment on Tuesday (couriers don't deliver on Saturdays and Monday is August Bank Holiday, so no deliveries that day either Shake Head). Just a little more patience required Frown

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I can't wait so I'll get mine tomorrow Dance

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Jas:
I can't wait so I'll get mine tomorrow Dance
I hate you !!! Twak No way could I justify the 400 mile round trip to collect them in person. I expect to see at least one box or case breakdown posting from you before Friday midnight Big Grin

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I don't know if I'll get time to open any as I'm going on holiday at the weekend and need to arrange shipping to some of my friends on here before I go. I'm hoping to crack a case Friday night though.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ah, holidays. I remember them Smile Nowadays I'm starting to believe they are more of an urban myth, a bit like the idea that if you turn off your computer and venture outside you get to meet up with something called 'Real Life' Big Grin

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what turns up over the next week or so Thumb Up