Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Dr Who Big Screen Additions Mono - Strictly Ink
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr Who Big Screen Additions Mono - Strictly Ink
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Jas:

I will be subscribing to NSU on that basis but just wanted to ask if Harris would consider a 6 month subscription in a bid to encourage more people to subscribe. I'm not saying $60 for UK subscribers is over the top, personally it would be an easier pill to swallow if I could pay the subscription fee twice over the course of a year. Perhaps a move like this would bring more in subscribers?? We're all feeling the pinch right now!!

If you attend the November Memorabilia Show (or know someone who does) Hariis does a deal for U.K. subscribers. It may be worth checking with Harris to see if he is attending this year, if so, ASK A FRIEND to subscribe for you.

As of now, I do plan to be there. No plans are set just yet but the plan is to do the show once again. It's a great show and I love the trip over (well, not the flight so much, but...)

And I hear you, Docto Jas. And I agree that the price is a bit tough (pesky expensive international shipping rates Mad ). That's not a bad idea but not sure if it's one we'd do. Will take it under advisement. Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Here's another nice selection of sketches that Barrie was kind enough to email over

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Great sketches so far, with one nit-picky downside.

I'm not a fan of multi-card panels at all, and especially if the cards don't stand alone as a great sketch.

The bottom trio would be a problem for me if I pulled the middle card. A hand? As my "box hit" in a fairly expensive product? I'd be more than a little bit put off.

But overall, the samples we've seen have been first rate. Thumb Up

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Great sketches so far, with one nit-picky downside.

I'm not a fan of multi-card panels at all, and especially if the cards don't stand alone as a great sketch.

The bottom trio would be a problem for me if I pulled the middle card. A hand? As my "box hit" in a fairly expensive product? I'd be more than a little bit put off.

But overall, the samples we've seen have been first rate. Thumb Up

Ed

At least you stand some chance of getting the other 2, I was so excited when I opened a pack of Indiana Jones KOTCS and saw the initials JP and JH, after turning it around a few times ended up being really disappointed when I realised it was part of a 9 panel sketch and I was holding Indy's chin with a bit of stubble on Frown What are the chances of me completing that? Pleased to have pulled a sketch by Potratz and Hai though, it is the best picture I've seen of a chin Big Grin

Barrie informed me that the double sketch I posted earlier is by Sarah Lyons, who is 1 of 5 new artists exclusive to SI on this set.

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here's another nice selection of sketches that Barrie was kind enough to email over

I hope he is in discussion with NSU over advertising

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
As there appear to be quite a few black/white sketches, does that mean that some of the artists have interpreted this Mono release very literally???

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
quote:

Got this picture emailed to me earlier, can't make out the artist though but a great sketch, Dalekfan will like this one Big Grin

Yes I love it but I have no chance of ever owning it. Shake Head

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Never say never Dalekfan, hopefully there's plenty more colourful sketches of Daleks for you. Are any of the artists able to post some sketches?

Picture of Andrew H.
posted Hide Post
Wow. There is an artist I'd like to interview for the site. Those sketches are all kinds of spiffy.

http://www.whodidthewhatnow.com

Posts: 66 | Location: Lodi, NY | Registered: June 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
quote:

Barrie informed me that the double sketch I posted earlier is by Sarah Lyons, who is 1 of 5 new artists exclusive to SI on this set.

Great artwork from a girl who lives in Essex !!

Support your local artists !!! Thumb Up

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justm:
quote:

Well I can't wait to see some more of her work if it's as good as that Dalek sketch Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Oh dear, the temptation to post something totally inappropriate here is almost irresistible Big Grin

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
quote:

Oh dear, the temptation to post something totally inappropriate here is almost irresistible Big Grin

I'm really surprised that nobody has ! Razz

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
quote:

I hope so too... He certainly gets alot of free advertising on this site (either directly or through 3rd party CardTalk members) Ahem...

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm really surprised that nobody has ! Razz

Essex girls need all the support they can get just to stand up. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BILLZEE:
quote:

I hope so too... He certainly gets alot of free advertising on this site (either directly or through 3rd party CardTalk members) Ahem...

I take it you're referring to little old me?? Wink

Well you see over here on the little island known as the United Kingdom we only one one card manufacturer who releases 2 or 3 sets a year. So we do (or I do at least) get a little excited when we get a release that's not going to cost an arm and a leg to get to our front doors. And as Justm correctly states, we must support our local artists as it's probably not so easy for UK artists to break into the marketplace.

Over here in the UK Doctor Who has a big following and if Barrie, knowing I'm a big fan of all things Dr Who decides to send me a preview of the sketches, why should I not share them with other fans? Should I take them to other forums and not share them here? Or am I blatently showing support for the only card manufacturer we have in this country and support for UK artists?

Yes I am Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well it can't be me, I haven't been around here long enough to have given anyone a lot of free advertising Big Grin Wave

And you're right about the cost of getting stuff in the post that doesn't cost an extra arm and a leg due to shipping costs plus VAT (15% of total cost including postage) and handling charges (Royal Mail add on £8.00p per package Frown Buying from the US is a very expensive business.

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It,s got to the stage now with all the cheap flights and hotel rooms due to the economic downturn that I find it cheaper to take a holiday in the USA and get boxes/cases shipped to my hotel Eek .

With a week in Florida costing £400 or less and a case of say Dexter costing £100 or more in shipping,customs and Royal Mail charges it actually makes sense and I now do it 2 or three times a year.

I give away most of the base cards to locals and just bring back the chase and premium cards.
Crazy World Roll Eyes . Shake Head .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Well it can't be me, I haven't been around here long enough to have given anyone a lot of free advertising Big Grin Wave

And you're right about the cost of getting stuff in the post that doesn't cost an extra arm and a leg due to shipping costs plus VAT (15% of total cost including postage) and handling charges (Royal Mail add on £8.00p per package Frown Buying from the US is a very expensive business.

No definitely aimed at me, I suppose it's different if the artists choose to post their sketches on here I presume that's not 3rd party advertising Confused, but I got to confess, when the artists showed their fabulous sketches on here for Star Wars Galaxy 4, it certainly made me (and possibly numerous others)order a couple of cases so I suppose it could have been seen as a good advert for Topps.

Collectors over here are interested in this set so I will gladly share any information I get, I hope the artists on this set can post some sketches on here soon.

And Triplefrog, great idea, give me the address of your hotel and I'll get 20 cases sent over Thumb Up

posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jedipencil,

Rabid Horse Art - www.rabidhorse.com

Art Updates - www.rabidhorse.com/artblog

Posts: 390 | Location: East of Montreal, Canada | Registered: October 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post