Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Dr Who Big Screen Additions Mono - Strictly Ink
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr Who Big Screen Additions Mono - Strictly Ink
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I got my invoice by email and the binder I had also ordered wasn't on it.
I emailed Barrie and was told that the binder has been cancelled because not enough were ordered.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
I got my invoice by email and the binder I had also ordered wasn't on it.
I emailed Barrie and was told that the binder has been cancelled because not enough were ordered.

It's a shame but binders always seem to do better if there's an exclusive binder card, like the Ingrid Pitt auto on Hammer Horror. If you wanted to complete your auto set then you'd have to order a binder. Also things are pretty tight with everyone so I'd imagine people will be happy to store their cards in the binder from the previous release rather than pay out extra.

I wonder if we'll see an Avengers Mono set, now that I would like to see, especially with those new artists on board and some good autos.

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have just been told by my wife that the Postman this morning mentioned that the local post office will be on strike for the next three working days so deliveries or collections will be made unless the managers do it with normal working not resuming until 1st September so it might be a while before I receive my box. My invoice too stated that the binder cost will be refunded.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I haven't got any previous Dr Who releases and although I am looking forward to the cards, the absence of a binder is a major downer Shake Head

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
...the absence of a binder is a major downer Shake Head

I feel the same. Can't surely be many releases these days without a binder.

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I collected my cases earlier and was very pleased to pull a 3 panel by Robert Aragon across 3 consecutively numbered boxes. Elephant

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Jas:
I collected my cases earlier and was very pleased to pull a 3 panel by Robert Aragon across 3 consecutively numbered boxes. Elephant
Nice going Jas. Looks like Barrie has managed to keep the multi-panel cards together in single cases as he said he would. Did you get one of the Dalek ship multis ?

I'm tracking my consignment on line. They're en route and should arrive sometime Tuesday. So close...and yet so far away Smile

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I got the one of the ship hovering over the city, also got a sketch by the talented Potratz and Hai in the same case.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I got the one of the ship hovering over the city,
Nice one, and that means I have a chance at the ship crashing Thumb Up
quote:
also got a sketch by the talented Potratz and Hai in the same case.
Funnily enough, they've just posted their 10 artist return cards up on eBay. I'll be interested to see what they go for.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The first regular sketches have now been posted on eBay including a couple with nice friendly £0.99p starting prices Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Barrie Roness:
I agree on the few multiple panel sketches, these will be kept where possible in individual cases, these cases may indeed contain and extra sketch where a 3 panel item exists.

Ah well good try but I got 2 of a 3 part set in my case. No matter these were excellent sketches so many thanks to you and the team for commissioning them

quote:
We will not have any sketches over more than 2 cards in future and maybe not any multiples at all.

There are some scenes which do need more than 1 card to show but perhaps reduce the number available.

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
I got this great return commission of the Doctor and Dalek from Don Pedocini Jr in the post today. Big Grin

I have seen a few case breaks were people have not got the full multi card set and a few were they have. If there is to be multi card sets it future set it would be great if all the card were in the one box or packet to keep the set together. It would also give the buyer a bonus. On the packets the auto's are listed as 1 per box but I got none in my case.

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have been informed that there are Redemptions for some of the Sketches! Can anyone confirm this?

If this is so, I find it disappointing, it's bad enough redemptions for autographs/costumes but who decides which Sketch you are sent?

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
Three of the artists are by redemption cards, Wilkinson, Orosco and Corroney. The redemption card have a code on the that is surposed to match to a sketch from what I heard.

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
I have been informed that there are Redemptions for some of the Sketches! Can anyone confirm this?

If this is so, I find it disappointing, it's bad enough redemptions for autographs/costumes but who decides which Sketch you are sent?

You'd have to buy a box first to be disappointed Wink I had some redemptions for Wilkinson and emailed a scan of the cards straight away. I had an email back confirming that the Wilkinson sketches were in and that the codes relate to particular sketch cards. I recieved a scan of my sketches and am pleased that one of them has a dalek in. Not got any info yet on the Orosco or Corroney sketches. I can't wait to see Joe Corroney's sketches which are nearly as rare as the Sean Pence sketches as he only did 30. I can't say I'm disappointed with the redemptions as they seem to average about 1 per case.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting to find out what my Orosco redemptions will turn out to be. He has posted 25 up on his DeviantArt pages and there are some nice ones. I'm also waiting on a Joe Corroney redemption. If it's as good as the work I've seen on his website, it'll be well worth the wait. Hopefully Barrie will be back off holiday this week so I'll get to see them all.

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Have you got a link to his art page Kevin?

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have you got a link to his art page Kevin?
I posted the link over on the Richardwho forums on the Big Screen Mono Release thread but no harm in repeating it here too Smile :

http://ryanorosco.deviantart.c...etch-Cards-131459675

It would appear he had lots of trouble with the card surface too. Though you'd hardly know it from his first two colour cards.

I also tracked down Joe Corroney's website. Nothing on there yet regarding his cards for this set but some nice Dr Who artwork to look at anyway [Smile]

http://www.joecorroney.com/

Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
I got a scan of my Ryan Orosco return sketch today. Big Grin

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
All Sketch redemptions ship Weds, thanks everyone.
Barrie

Posts: 170 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post