Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
MONSTERWAX’s FIRST SPORTS CARD SET

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/3547049966

April 01, 2014, 03:51 PM
monsterwax
MONSTERWAX’s FIRST SPORTS CARD SET
Monsterwax is excited to announce its first sports card series! Coming this winter, prepare for POLO PONIES, the first ever trading card series devoted to Polo, “The Sport of Kings.”

“We’ve always avoided sports cards at Monsterwax, because we don’t like the redundancy of cards with guys all wearing the same uniform,” said Kurt Kuersteiner, company founder and President. “But Polo not only features attractive men and women competing in a thrilling sport, it also has many of the world’s most beautiful horses. In fact, the emphasis of this series is more on the horses than the humans! These creatures are amazing to look at, and are worth literally millions of dollars. It’s incredible there hasn’t been a card set on them before.”

Many of the players are famous as well, including Prince Harry of Wales, Nacho Figueras, Ms. Jaeger LeCoutlre, and Chet & Trent Lott III (sons of Senator Trent Lott).

“We plan to have autographs from many of the famous players, including Prince Harry, although it isn’t certain if that will be a cut signature or not at this time,” explains Kuersteiner, “But just as exciting is that we have nailed down DNA cards from many of the horses. These cards will include the horse’s photo, plus a lock of its actual hair. Monsterwax first invented DNA cards in 2007 with Monsterfaces, so its appropriate that we continue the tradition with this product.”

Monsterwax also plans to include “Faces In The Crowd Cards,” which will feature famous polo fans who are often spotted watching the otherwise exclusive sport. These celebs include actors and musicians like Madonna, Kate Hudson, and LL Cool J.

But the horses get the lion’s share of attention:

“Wait until you see the original sketch cards to this series,” gushes Kuersteiner. “They are of the horses and horses only, and you’ll be stunned by the beauty of the animals and the art. It’s not right to call them sketches, really, because they are more often paintings and miniature masterpieces at that. I’ll wait to announce the artists later, since we’re currently adding more, but they are all top notch. The sketches are worth the price of the boxes by themselves.”

The 24 pack boxes should sell for just under $50 and will be available December 1st, 2014. See Monsterwax.com for details.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: monsterwax,

April 01, 2014, 07:24 PM
MikeFitz
Awesome!
Put me down for one uncut horse sheet. Thumb Up

April 02, 2014, 12:48 AM
monsterwax

The beautiful Jaeger LeCoutlre.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: monsterwax,

April 02, 2014, 09:53 AM
Jason Wright
Great April Fools joke, wish I'd have thought one up!!!
April 02, 2014, 10:48 AM
H_Toser
Yeah I agree. The funny thing is, though, it wouldn't be the first horse hair card, would it? Smile

April 02, 2014, 10:53 AM
Ted Dastick Jr.
You know, the more I read into it, the more marketable I think this set would actually be.

The best April Fool's joke would be the announcement that it REALLY is happening. Big Grin
April 02, 2014, 11:08 AM
jedipencil
I'm with you Ted.

Rabid Horse Art - www.rabidhorse.com

Art Updates - www.rabidhorse.com/artblog
April 02, 2014, 12:33 PM
Ted Dastick Jr.
quote:
Originally posted by jedipencil:
I'm with you Ted.

Ingrid, you're the first person I thought of.
April 02, 2014, 03:36 PM
monsterwax
I'm devastated... Our very first sports card series and instead of a flood of pre-orders and hearty "kudos" from customers, everyone thinks it's some kind of JOKE? It you believe I would horse around about something as sophisticated as polo, you are obviously unaware of how seriously I take the sports.

But the public has spoken... Maybe I better just stick with sci-fi and horror cards for now. I guess I just don't have the proper sports card mind set (if "mind" is the right word to use in conduction with sports cards.)

Now the big question is, what do I do with all these horse DNA cards?

PS. Don't worry Mike, I'll run off at least one uncut sheet for you. That way, all that work wouldn't have been for nothing. (Although I'm really disappointed that the special "Monsterwax Manure" case-loader card isn't gonna happen either. What a buzz kill.)

April 03, 2014, 11:34 PM
Lovemesomecards
Darn it. Is it wrong that I thought this sounded like a cool idea. Smile

April 10, 2014, 01:13 AM
allender
As a variant MManure case-loader, I was hoping to find a good image for "Pollo Ponies" but found out I'd have to edit the chickens into the saddles myself.
April 10, 2014, 11:11 AM
MikeFitz
I was hoping there would be an image of the long-sought-for string of poloponies. (dated reference Wink )

April 11, 2014, 01:19 AM
Studio-Hades
Thank god it was only going to be horsehair on the DNA card. Unlike the President Bill Clinton DNA card.