Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 1&2 (Cryptozoic)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 1&2 (Cryptozoic)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
Q2 release date.

Packs: 5 cards per pack, 24 packs per box

Base Set: 72-card base set featuring episodic images from seasons 1 & 2

Chase Sets:
Character Bios (insertion ratio to be determined)
Legendary Objects (TBD)
Icons (TBD)

Inserts:
Autograph cards (1:24 packs)
Wardrobe cards (1:24 packs)

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
Q2 release date.

Packs: 5 cards per pack, 24 packs per box

Base Set: 72-card base set featuring episodic images from seasons 1 & 2

Chase Sets:
Character Bios (insertion ratio to be determined)
Legendary Objects (TBD)
Icons (TBD)

Inserts:
Autograph cards (1:24 packs)
Wardrobe cards (1:24 packs)

My son and I love the show and I was looking forward to getting some autographs but I have a sever problem with the one inch head-shot on the card. I believe this has been a regular thing for Cryptozoic autographs and I have decided not to purchase these cards and the cards from The Flash because of it. I would like to hear what others think.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Great line-up of signers.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
After several years of lying low 3 products that are must have are on my list for 2018. Great list of signers for a show I enjoy!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I guess if you could not afford Brandon Routh's Superman auto on the 2006 Topps set, now is your chance !

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi_Collector:
My son and I love the show and I was looking forward to getting some autographs but I have a sever problem with the one inch head-shot on the card. I believe this has been a regular thing for Cryptozoic autographs and I have decided not to purchase these cards and the cards from The Flash because of it. I would like to hear what others think.

I can't say I'm that bothered by this. It's when they use loads of dark headshots that I get a bit put off. I'm much more concerned with a nice card design and a decent, clear area for the signature.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi_Collector:

I also like a larger picture, I prefer the full bleed type of autograph card in general. However that is purely a visual preference on my part. In terms of the Cryptozoic autograph card design however, I find it hard to find much fault.

It is easy to argue that the most important part of a certified autograph card, besides the authentication, is the autograph itself. These signatures are on card. Right there you are head and shoulders above stickers. The small photo allows more space for big signatures. Isn't that what you want most, no squeezed in autographs? Sure it looks worse when you get initials or chicken scratch, but that's not the card's fault.

I think these Legend autographs are very attractive, even with the little head shots. The main thing for me is that an autograph card is bright and does not have some background that doesn't allow the signature to stand out or restricts its size. Anything that isn't a sticker gets extra points right there. Wink

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
This looks like it will be a great set! Smile

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
Depending how one views it, this could be the first set from CZE that actually feels complete. No missing lead character from the autograph line-up. Smile
I will probably dip in for specific autograph cards though; too many low value cards as a hit in CZE boxes to buy any of those. I've been burned too many times with incomplete base or chase sets, and a low value autograph card that doesn't even pay for the box.

I don't have deep enough pockets to gamble on CZE boxes much these days. Having bought autograph cards from some of the other DC shows I'm happy to just buy the handful of cards I'm interested in from this set. It does look nice, though.

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
All of a sudden, this is coming out on Wednesday.