Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    2014 Star Trek Portfolios
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2014 Star Trek Portfolios
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I really like the new design of the bridge crew autographs..... may have to pick up the Shatner at least. Plus the 9 case incentive Shatner/Nimoy dual is a must own for me.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
The page specifies that the sketch cards are based on all the episodes from the second and third seasons of the original series. I wonder why they left out the first season? Kind of strange.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I have P1 promo cards if anyone needs Smile

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Obi Wan Chrisobi:
The page specifies that the sketch cards are based on all the episodes from the second and third seasons of the original series. I wonder why they left out the first season? Kind of strange.

Season one sketchcards were part of TOS Arts and Images. As with this set, one for each episode, so we need 2 and 3 to finish off the series.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
Rittenhouse's page now shows a few more of the 6-case incentive cards which look really nice.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
They're so pretty. I want them all.....!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STCardGeek:
They're so pretty. I want them all.....!

It would make sense to issue copied prints of the best ones as promos or box toppers.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
I may be missing something, but it appears the Gold parallel facsimile signature cards are a bit redundant as the artist is signing parallel cards himself for the set at (1:48 packs).

Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
There are differences. The backs of the autograph versions have quotes about the inspiration for the artwork. I don't know if it's one quote for each scene or one overall quote for all the backs.
I expected the autographed version to be harder to get making the facsimile more needed. It may be slightly less important now but if the cards are made I want them! No card should sit unused and if they're different in some way, I want them!
I still want every single 6 case incentive sent to MY house Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
The images of the base cards have now been added to the website.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Autograph rarities have been added to the checklist:

http://www.scifihobby.com/prod...cklist.cfm?SetID=301

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
For all the Trek sets we get I think this is quite a fresh approach. The base set looks absolutely fantastic.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
Cards featuring the art from all the Animated episodes are a HMV Blu-ray exclusive.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
are the backs different?

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post