Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Trek TNG Heroes and Villains Checklist?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trek TNG Heroes and Villains Checklist?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardinalfan13:
They hold some back for extras if any are damnaged also they need some for archives boxes

There's at least 150 extra 6 case incentives even if everyone had to be replaced that's too many.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I've had this discussion with RA reps and they tell me that there are only a minimum amount of extras held back. I can only assume that the big buyers get fed more than an incentive amount would warrant.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Everytime I hear something like this ( allways assuming it is true of course ) I start to think about that Inkworks warehouse full of cards that didn't exist.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Everytime I hear something like this ( allways assuming it is true of course ) I start to think about that Inkworks warehouse full of cards that didn't exist.

I simply got the information by looking at a copy of the card on that site which showed the back of the card and the numbering system out of 275.

I have that feeling all the time about "hidden" stock of cards that will appear in the fullness of time.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:

You're just getting cynical in your old age. Big Grin Wavey

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

You're just getting cynical in your old age. Big Grin Wavey

Once bitten, forever shy. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It would be interesting to get an "Official" response to this query about over producing Dealer Incentives. Shake Head

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
It would be interesting to get an "Official" response to this query about over producing Dealer Incentives. Shake Head

Card manufacturers rarely make print runs public unless they number the cards, and even then there are always a few unnumbered versions kept for replacements.

Going strictly by the numbering of 275 and doing the math (6000 boxes = 500 cases = 83.3333 6-case incentives) that's more than 3 times the number of incentives you'd expect. The question is, does it matter where they are?

I think it might if collectors didn't know the true print run and bought the cards at a price that assumed less than 100 were made. But if the numbering is truly up to 275, you have at least a ballpark figure and can adjust your idea of a fair price accordingly. That's a lot more information than you get for most incentives, where you have no idea how many were really made. Frown

If I ever owned a card company I think I'd make ten extra of everything just for my own collection. So my official response would be "it's all in my basement". And that is why I could never make any money making cards. I'd keep them all myself. Big Grin

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I agree, even if they don't' come out with an official statement, the number's right there. So barring any other info we can assume there is more out there then is usual for a 6 case.
I sorta just assumed that the cards were meant for something OTHER then a 6-case. Something where more is needed and then got pushed into this incentive job and they would just withhold the rest. I'm not basing that on anything other then they surely know they won't need 250 of them for the incentives.....

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I can't believe that after a week there is still no case break listed.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Steve has stated on the Rittenhouse site they were produced some time ago not knowing how they would be used. The excess will be used for PRIZES ECT. I'm looking forward to all the competitions for those spare cards.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
I can't believe that after a week there is still no case break listed.

I think it's only Dealers who seem to be breaking cases and they either don't have the time or the inclination to list the breakdowns.

I would normally have listed my Case breakdown as I used to buy a couple of cases. Now however, I just purchase a Master Set. Less fun but two cases was leaving too much still to chase. So for around the cost of two cases I now get a Master Set and don't have to bother trying to get rid of the masses of spare common autographs.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
that makes since to me. I can't even get a case any more. Just to much going on in life right now.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Well I have 2 boxes coming and will report the 8 common auto's when I have opened them Big Grin

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Well I have 2 boxes coming and will report the 8 common auto's when I have opened them Big Grin

I've ordered a box just for the fun of splitting. I will post the breakdown when it arrives.

posted Hide Post
Hey 2 of the commons are Ronny Cox and Christopher McDonald. Those are cool autos.

Posts: 193 | Location: Ca | Registered: June 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:

Awwww...here's hoping it's more!

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not had a chance to post my 4 boxes but 3 came from one case and 1 from another and I got 4 extremely limited autos. I got James Horan as Jo'Brill, Tricia O'Neill as Captain Rachael Garrett Metal, Tim Russ as Devor Thumb Up and Gates McFadden as Dr.Beverly Crusher Bouncey Luv You Dance. So the extremely limiteds may not be as tough as everyone thinks. And the reason I mentioned Ronny Cox and Christopher McDonald is I got them too Big Grin. So good luck and good breaks to everyone.

Posts: 193 | Location: Ca | Registered: June 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
RA has posted this on their forums:

There are a bunch of those incentive cards still here. Because we accumulate many of our autographs far in advance and don't always know how we will eventually use them, a card like this can be produced in larger quantities than we really need as a 6-case incentive. But with that said, there's no point in NOT numbering the cards and keeping them around for contest prizes, etc. Better to do that than destroy them.