Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Kickstarter for the "Dirty Dozen" (War News Pictures)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kickstarter for the "Dirty Dozen" (War News Pictures)
 Login/Join

Picture of monsterwax
posted
For the vintage card collectors out there, I wanted to mention we have a Kickstarter to fund a super limited reprint of one of the rarest Non-Sports subsets ever: The "Dirty Dozen" set (#109-120) of "War News Pictures" (Bowman, 1939).

We're printing just enough to supply those who pledge (although 1 extra set per pledge is available for those who want trade bait). This is a Kickstarter exclusive, with no extras for dealers or eBay. So this impossible to find subset will still remain scarce. (We're just trying to finish our own sets without going bankrupt. The originals sold recently in auction for $16,000.00!)

Those interested can find it on Kickstarter.com under "the Dirty Dozen" or at the below link:

https://www.kickstarter.com/pr...cture?ref=nav_search

Posts: 404 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: April 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monsterwax
posted Hide Post
Wow, we got funded in just five days. That's a first (for us)! As a special thanks, we're adding a reproduction of the actual wax wrapper (digitally printed and wax coated) to all contributors if we reach our stretch goal of $900 in the remaining two weeks. Thanks again to one and all!

Posts: 404 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: April 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monsterwax
posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone who checked out our project-- a lot more than expected actually backed it! The stretch goal was reached so we're adding the free wrapper. Thanks again for helping us reprint enough of these to finish our sets!

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Got my War News Pictures reprints today! Very cool, plus an extra wrapper and a couple of Western reprint cards.
I don't have plans to collect this set, I only have a couple of them as type cards, but I wanted to support Kurt and see what these were like. Thanks Kurt and Todd for these! Good job!

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to getting mine. I don't have any of the original set but these looked so interesting at a reasonable price - I couldn't resist!

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post