Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    MARVEL BEGINNINGS
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MARVEL BEGINNINGS
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goldenavenger:
quote:
Originally posted by jadams:
Here are a few of the cards I did for this set, not showing all. Gotta leave something for the suprise. You can't tell, but the Silver Surfer has a metallic silver background.

These have nice texture and depth to them.

jadams - are you using a stamp to produce the bulk of the cards you showed? And then flick/spray some extra paint on them?

I am using woodcuts or linocuts on top of paint.

I carved the print area by hand, then hand inked and hand pressed each card.

Posts: 70 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I like the box.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I was informed today that this will be live next Tuesday, May 3rd.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Cards are popping up now. I was excited for the holograms but they're not as exciting or "ground-breaking" as I would have hoped. Simply a color picture of the character with a generic-looking holographic background (looks like the Marvel Beginnings logo).

UD is claiming there's some top secret unannounced card out there to be found (for the lucky five who can find boxes).

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw Iggy post on another board something about cut comic book panels. . . that could be the secret card.

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Saw the new holograms. Not impressed.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
especially at $50 a piece and $100 for the printing plates
- I'm thinking I might not be finishing this set Frown

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
If a cut comic panel was their secret card, RA did that years ago. Roll Eyes

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Found an autograph list online. The numbering makes no sense though...

quote:
The autograph signers did less than 100 apiece, with Stan Lee, Tom Orzechowski, and Joe Sinnott at 20 or less per card.

Stan Lee B-1
Len Wein B-2
Stan Lee B-3
Adam Kubert B-4
Dan Green B-4
Larry Hama B-4
Stan Lee B-5
Fabian Nicieza B-6
Matthew Ryan B-6
Gerry Conway B-7
Terry Austin B-9
Joe Sinnott B-10
Stan Lee B-10
Joe Sinnott B-11
Larry Lieber B-11
Stan Lee B-11
Joe Sinnott B-12
Stan Lee B-12
Tom Orzechowski B-13
Stan Lee B-15
George Perez B-16
Kurt Busiek B-16
Tom Smith B-16
Bob Wiacek B-17
Ron Zalme B-17
Stan Lee B-18
David Michelinie B-19
Mark D. Bright B-19
Joe Sinnott B-20
Stan Lee B-20
Tom Orzechowski B-22
Stan Lee B-23
Stan Lee B-24
Joe Sinnott B-25
Fabian Nicieza B-26
Stan Lee B-27
Stan Lee B-28
Roger Stern B-29
Dan Green B-30
Terry Austin B-31
Stan Lee B-32
Joe Quesada B-33
Peter David B-33
Mark Waid B-35
Steve McNiven B-38
Mark Waid B-39
Gabriele Dell'otto B-40
Stan Lee B-41
Alex Irvine B-42
Tomm Coker B-42
Dennis Calero B-43
Fred Van Lente B-43
Salvador Larroca B-44
Alex Maleev B-45
Brian Michael Bendis B-45

Dual Card #

Adam Kubert / Larry Hama B-4
Fabian Nicieza / Matthew Ryan B-6
Terry Austin / Tom Orzechowski B-9
Stan Lee / Joe Sinnott B-10
Stan Lee / Larry Lieber B-11
Stan Lee / Joe Sinnott B-12
George Perez / Tom Smith B-16
Ron Zalme / Bob Wiacek B-17
Bob Wiacek / Tom Orzechowski B-17
Mark D. Bright / David Michelinie B-19
Stan Lee / Joe Sinnott B-20
Dan Green / Tom Orzechowski B-30
Joe Quesada / Peter David B-33
Alex Irvine / Tomm Coker B-42
Dennis Calero / Fred Van Lente B-43
Brian Michael Bendis / Alex Maleev B-45

Triple Card #

Stan Lee / Larry Lieber / Joe Sinnott B-11
George Perez / Kurt Busiek / Tom Smith B-16
Bob Wiacek / Ron Zalme / Tom Orzechowski B-17
Adam Kubert / Dan Green / Larry Hama B-4

There is no doubt this is a nightmare set for anyone looking to complete it, but also a great set for fans of long-term set building.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On this set i actually Did 46 cards not the 44 listed. I happened to include my Test cards as well. Names Roy Cover.
Here are all my cards including the AP"s.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry didn't realize they were so all over the place in arrangement. I'll fix and upload.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Nice cards, Roy! I pulled the two card Champions sketch, quite happy with that. Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I really like your cards Roy. Do you have a website?

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Some of these cards were scanned before I finalized them so they may look slightly different from what you'll pull. My signature is on maybe a few so I hadn't finished those yet.
I had a Deviantart gallery but closed my account. The drawings can be found by doing a search for my Username=justice41.
I came on the sets late so only had time to do Black and White. I also did a Captain America Set for Upperdeck but I don't see anywhere on here a Cap thread.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Justice41:
Thanks, Some of these cards were scanned before I finalized them so they may look slightly different from what you'll pull. My signature is on maybe a few so I hadn't finished those yet.
I had a Deviantart gallery but closed my account. The drawings can be found by doing a search for my Username=justice41.
I came on the sets late so only had time to do Black and White. I also did a Captain America Set for Upperdeck but I don't see anywhere on here a Cap thread.

I'm sure there's a Cap thread somewhere. Do you have a website to check out your art and to order APs and/or commissions?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Excellent cards Roy!! I love the Iron man card where he's blasting off with images in the background. Also the Black Widow, White Queen, Doom.....nice work.

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goldenavenger:
Excellent cards Roy!! I love the Iron man card where he's blasting off with images in the background. Also the Black Widow, White Queen, Doom.....nice work.

Thanks, I tried to do a few of the cards as origin cards. I went with the theme of Marvel Beginnings. I did ironman Captain America Fantastic Four Spiderman Hulk Wolverine Ms Marvel She-Hulk, Hulk Dr Doom Phoenix, Submariner and I believe the Punisher.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I'm interested in contacting you about purchasing some, but don't know how to contact you Roy. Hmmmm, got one other option. Hopefully it will work.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
I'm interested in contacting you about purchasing some, but don't know how to contact you Roy. Hmmmm, got one other option. Hopefully it will work.

heh, Actually All the AP's for that set are gone. I have some AP's for my Captain America set though as I did more cards after the fact for Upperdeck. Here's where you can see the entire set and the AP's I did for that set.The two AP's at the bottom are still available for $250 a piece. They are Cap running and Cap on the tank holding the gun, ones.
http://scoundrelpublishing.com...iewtopic.php?t=24772
http://scoundrelpublishing.com...iewtopic.php?t=24748

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Justice41:
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:

heh, Actually All the AP's for that set are gone. I have some AP's for my Captain America set though as I did more cards after the fact for Upperdeck. Here's where you can see the entire set and the AP's I did for that set.The two AP's at the bottom are still available for $250 a piece. They are Cap running and Cap on the tank holding the gun, ones.
http://scoundrelpublishing.com...iewtopic.php?t=24772
http://scoundrelpublishing.com...iewtopic.php?t=24748

I sent you a message on another forum.