Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    MARVEL BEGINNINGS
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MARVEL BEGINNINGS
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rusty Gilligan - 15

I actually did more cards than 15...

Posts: 9 | Location: United States | Registered: May 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustygilligan:
quote:
Rusty Gilligan - 15

I actually did more cards than 15...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

that actually explains alot.

Now I know what prompted your facebook post. Sour grapes possibly clouded your judgement, yes?

Posts: 70 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pumpkindiver
posted Hide Post
I just pulled a B-4 Signature card signed by Kubert, Green and Hanna. Any idea what these are going for? I'm trying to decide whether to keep this amazing looking card or move it on for something else and I can't find any record of one being found, let alone sold.

Posts: 154 | Location: Australia | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Has there been a delay with Series 2?

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
My dealer gave me a date of June 5th.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm going to scream if I see one more card giving artist credit to creators John Bryne, Paul Rienman, or Rob Liefield. Arrrgh.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Are you saying the cards are giving credit to another artist that, lets say, John Bryne did the work for?
Or are they giving credit to Bryne, Liefeld and Rienman to more things than they should be? I didn't buy MB2 so I can't look it up.

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
When an artist re-creates (copies) work by somebody they credit the original artist - usually with an 'after...'.
That's what usually happens with cover re-creations and the like.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goldenavenger:
Are you saying the cards are giving credit to another artist that, lets say, John Bryne did the work for?
Or are they giving credit to Bryne, Liefeld and Rienman to more things than they should be? I didn't buy MB2 so I can't look it up.

No, I was just obsessing about how a couple of dozen cards managed to misspell the names of the artists. (Of course, they aren't very challenged to spell Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.)

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
I agree, they should not be misspelling the artists names that often....especially well known ones like you posted. Shake Head

This message has been edited. Last edited by: goldenavenger,

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
At times I've been tempted to volunteer to be a proofreader, but I'm not sure people pay much attention to the text on card backs any more.

I try to include artist credits in the checklists whenever I see them on the cards. It helps to pad the index in the Encyclopedia. Wave

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I've seen one company give credit to the wrong artist. And another one name the characters wrong. Maybe, if you don't know what you're marketing, maybe you shouldn't be marketing it.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post