Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Leaf Acquires Family Guy License
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leaf Acquires Family Guy License
 Login/Join

Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
Pass. Potentially great license.
Didn't Brian Gray announce that he'd signed Seth MacFarlane to a deal for autographs? Either a huge omission from the Sell Sheet or more "funny business" from a company with a questionable tactics.

And as Ed pointed out: Die-cut cards almost as rare as sketches. Ridiculous.
10-card subset: Really? Cut it back to 9 cards so it fits nicely into a 9 pocket page... Damn OCD.
I know those are mockups, but PLEASE tell me those aren't sticker autos :P

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:

(SRP-$99.99) 12 boxes per case / 1 "pack" per box / 50+2 inserts & 1 auto

Orders Due: 6-10-11 Release Date: August 2011

Each box/pack contains a complete 50 card base set PLUS 2 insert cards and 1 AUTOGRAPHED CARD GUARANTEED. (note only 300 cases made)

The base set is a 50 card set highlighting the best moments from Family Guy Season 3, 4 and 5.

Look for the following exciting insert cards:
AUTOGRAPHED CARDS: inserted 1 Per box/pack featuring Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Gina Gershon, Patrick Warburton, Jennie Garth, Tori Spelling, Patrick Stewart and more!!!
AUTHENTIC 1 OF 1 SKETCH CARDS: inserted 2 per case featuring One-of-a-Kind artwork from actual members of the Family Guy art team.

Ed[/QUOTE]

So unless I am mis-reading this, we are talking about a format very similar to the Breygent Tudor product. Its an expanded box/premium pack at SRP of $99.99.

If that's true, than the price is indeed almost double and it puts a lot of pressure on the autograph cards because the sketches are much harder to get. I would love to pull a Hamill, Fisher, Gershon or Stewart, but none of the main voice cast is yet identified and I don't think I even know what members of the art team means. Big Grin

Definitely worth watching, but the price puts me on the fence.

We were all wondering about the premium pack format taking over for traditional boxes and now it seems we might have to come up with a name for these little boxes, maybe premium boxed sets with prize? Wink Big Grin

Posts: 10379 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBelcher:
Pass. Potentially great license.
Didn't Brian Gray announce that he'd signed Seth MacFarlane to a deal for autographs? Either a huge omission from the Sell Sheet or more "funny business" from a company with a questionable tactics.

And as Ed pointed out: Die-cut cards almost as rare as sketches. Ridiculous.
10-card subset: Really? Cut it back to 9 cards so it fits nicely into a 9 pocket page... Damn OCD.
I know those are mockups, but PLEASE tell me those aren't sticker autos :P

Yes, I expect they will be band-aid autos.

Most likely taken from the same stock of signed stickers used for products like Pop Century.

The "rare" autos are an excuse to put the SRP out of reach for most, even if you'll probably see these offered for $75.00 or less. $99.00 is a pipe dream.

I think I'll spend more money on Breygent's Vampirella and skip this one almost entirely. Shake Head

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
wish i could be just as enthusiastic as everyone else about this dreadful cartoon,but i can't.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
wish i could be just as enthusiastic as everyone else about this dreadful cartoon,but i can't.

I also hate the cartoon, but wouldn't pass on some of those autos!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
Leaf has added two more sketch cards per case. So now each case will contain a total of four sketch cards.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot for posting the information, Darth Vader Fan.

Unfortunately, we do not allow links to trading card retailers in the regular discussion forums. Sorry about that. I deleted that portion of your post. Hope you'll understand.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Thanks a lot for posting the information, Darth Vader Fan.

Unfortunately, we do not allow links to trading card retailers in the regular discussion forums. Sorry about that. I deleted that portion of your post. Hope you'll understand.
No problem at all, thanks Harris for the tip Thumb Up

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Darth Vader Fan,

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

I was trying to source this set from a UK supplier, couldn't find one so bought Vampirella and SDCC Mystery Packs instead.

Never could hold on to money I had saved for card sets.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steshell:
quote:
AUTHENTIC 1 OF 1 SKETCH CARDS: inserted 2 per case featuring One-of-a-Kind artwork from actual members of the Family Guy art team.

Didn't work for Inkworks with Justice League, I'd much rather have a Family Guy sketch by Elaine Perna or Mark Dos Santos.
Autograph cards look nice though.

I would have LOVED to have drawn cards for this set.

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There was a promo card for this series given out in the VIP packs from the National Sports Collectors Convention (happening in Chicago this weekend). There's at least one of them up on Ebay at the moment.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
It says it is part of a 9 card set.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DanoElMano
posted Hide Post
From the looks of what is being offered on ebay, the promo set issued by Leaf appears to be 9 or 10 cards covering various sets. One seller has a 5 car lot featuring football, poker, wrestling and Family Guy all with various numbers. It looks like there may be just the one Family Guy card in the set.
Dan

Posts: 44 | Location: Canada, below the 49th. | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
It says it is part of a 9 card set.

Yes, the way the companies do the VIP Packs for the NSCC it's usually 1-2 cards that represent each license they have (football, baseball, etc). There was only 1 Family Guy promo included in the promo pack for the National VIP's.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They had some some autos/sketches and chase cards from this release at The National too -- they look sharp! I posted some (camera phone) pics on webjon if you are interested. . .

I think they had some signers at the show that weren't previously announced (but I've had a hard time keeping up with the announcements so I could be wrong). I don't remember seeing Alfonso Ribeiro, Leif Garrett, Ed Asner and Patrick Duffy, for example.

The sketches looked sharp too, lots of parody sketches.

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
I agree the cards look sharp and the auto lineup looks impressive, but I still find it strange that most of the main cast is missing. I will buy a box for sure, but at one auto a box it's gonna be tough to want to buy more.

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robomole:
I agree the cards look sharp and the auto lineup looks impressive, but I still find it strange that most of the main cast is missing. I will buy a box for sure, but at one auto a box it's gonna be tough to want to buy more.

Brian mentioned on another site that he trid to get autos from Seth McFarlane (offered $250 per auto), Seth Green (offered I think $150 per auto...but it may have been $50), and Mila Kunis (offered $200 per auto), but all of them said no

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The sketches look nice, but at their low insert rates it makes me a little wary. The autos are nice, but a little lackluster- ultimately I'd rather spend the $70-99 that the set will cost on something else. If I can find one set for a cheap price, then I might indulge. Otherwise, this will be a pass for me.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
They had some some autos/sketches and chase cards from this release at The National too -- they look sharp! I posted some (camera phone) pics on webjon if you are interested. . .

I think they had some signers at the show that weren't previously announced (but I've had a hard time keeping up with the announcements so I could be wrong). I don't remember seeing Alfonso Ribeiro, Leif Garrett, Ed Asner and Patrick Duffy, for example.

The sketches looked sharp too, lots of parody sketches.

Jon

The sketches do look good, thanks for the pics!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
When are these due out now?

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post