Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Leaf Acquires Family Guy License
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leaf Acquires Family Guy License
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted
Just read that Leaf has acquired the Family Guy license. They didn't have any further details.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man I would love a new family guy set with autos/sketches!

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Excellent news! Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Freakin' sweet. Thumb Up

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
giggity giggity goo

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Hope we get a card set and not just a Panini (I believe Leaf is still part of the Donruss label which is owned by Panini) sticker book lol

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
Hope we get a card set and not just a Panini (I believe Leaf is still part of the Donruss label which is owned by Panini) sticker book lol

Hold on a second, what manufacturer are we talking about here? There were recent posts that Razor was assuming the new name of the Leaf Trading Company. The old Leaf brand may have been associated with Donruss at one time, but it was used for sports cards and that was a long while back. I don't think it is a Panini line now, I suspect it may be the re-branded Razor, if indeed that story is accurate.

Anybody know where the news came from so that it can be checked out?

OK, I just found a brief mention on the web about Razor/Leaf Family Guy, so I think we are talking about Razor.

Posts: 10359 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
More Stewie Big Grin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10446 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by Jake:

Hold on a second, what manufacturer are we talking about here? There were recent posts that Razor was assuming the new name of the Leaf Trading Company. The old Leaf brand may have been associated with Donruss at one time, but it was used for sports cards and that was a long while back. I don't think it is a Panini line now, I suspect it may be the re-branded Razor, if indeed that story is accurate.

Anybody know where the news came from so that it can be checked out?

OK, I just found a brief mention on the web about Razor/Leaf Family Guy, so I think we are talking about Razor.

Leaf is their own company now. It's being run by those in charge of Razor but I think the Razor name is disappearing (although it will still exist). It's sort of a rebranding, sort of not.

The Leaf brand no longer has any connection with Panini.

Hope this helps.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I wish Leaf all the best with this aquisition. I hope they knew what they were getting into...

The driving force behind the sets were the sketches. Inkworks found it impossible to get approval for sketches in the Episode 4 Parody set. So unless something has changed with the approvals, it might not be the cash cow it seems to be.

Some people will be interested in the set no matter, but it's the sketch cards that sell the cases.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Ah, my mistake then. I wasn't aware of the rebranding or whatever they're calling it.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
Stupid question, I'm sure. But, why rebrand with a name that already has a history in the marketplace? Why not go for soemthing you can make all your own? I"m asking more generally, then specifically, since I'm not really familiar with ex-Razor, new Leaf.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Looked forever to find this thread, rather than start a new one...

Got this info in email today: Clap

quote:
Family Guy Season 3, 4 and 5:
Product may be allocated upon preorders being placed

(SRP-$99.99) 12 boxes per case / 1 "pack" per box / 50+2 inserts & 1 auto

Orders Due: 6-10-11 Release Date: August 2011

Each box/pack contains a complete 50 card base set PLUS 2 insert cards and 1 AUTOGRAPHED CARD GUARANTEED. (note only 300 cases made)

Family Guy is back! Leaf Trading cards is proud to bring Family Guy trading cards back to collectors in 2011. This eagerly awaited return will bring collectors an o pportunity to obtain the highest quality Family Guy trading card set to date, featuring authentic signatures from a variety of Family Guy cast members and sketch cards from members of the actual Family Guy art team.

The base set is a 50 card set highlighting the best moments from Family Guy Season 3, 4 and 5.

Look for the following exciting insert cards:
AUTOGRAPHED CARDS: inserted 1 Per box/pack featuring Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Gina Gershon, Patrick Warburton, Jennie Garth, Tori Spelling, Patrick Stewart and more!!!
AUTHENTIC 1 OF 1 SKETCH CARDS: inserted 2 per case featuring One-of-a-Kind artwork from actual members of the Family Guy art team.
MEET THE CHARACTERS DIECUT CARDS: inserted 3 per case, this 10-card set features Family Guy's key characters in a way you've never seen them on trading cards before.
"QUOTABLES" METAL CARDS: inserted 1-2 per box/pack (18 per case on average), this innovative Metal Technology insert features some of the most memorable quotes from your favorite Family Guy episodes.

Wow is all I can say... But my thoughts as I look at the set...

Set in each box will result in cheap base sets as people will be breaking cases of this for the sketches and autographs

Die Cut Cards: almost as rare as a sketch? Really? Into your 4th case before you have enough of them to even trade into a set??? Sigh.

Metal cards sound interesting. No mention on how many make up a set though. Hopefully a lot or they'll end up being worthless.

My biggest concern is allocations. Leaf seems to like to make sure their favorites get their whole order while others get allocated. But I guess that is their perogative being the manufacturer.

This one will be broken like crazy.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Really liking the auto line-up so far.... Metal

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10446 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Here is the sell sheet.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spidergoblin:
Really liking the auto line-up so far.... Metal

Yeah, everyone but the main voice actors on the show =) I do hope they get them

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
would love a seth green Thumb Up

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steshell
posted Hide Post
quote:
AUTHENTIC 1 OF 1 SKETCH CARDS: inserted 2 per case featuring One-of-a-Kind artwork from actual members of the Family Guy art team.

Didn't work for Inkworks with Justice League, I'd much rather have a Family Guy sketch by Elaine Perna or Mark Dos Santos.
Autograph cards look nice though.

Posts: 234 | Location: Telford, Shropshire, United Kingdom | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I like Family Guy, but SRP is $99.99? I know it will be offered by dealers at somewhat less than that, but still, that's a lot money. If the autos are decent and not a lot of filler, that may be ok, but we will have to wait and see. The sketch card design is fairly basic, but actual Family Guy artists is cool. I agree with Ed, this will be broken like crazy. Probably easier to put it together that way, and just pick up sketches or autos you want.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
Interesting how the sell sheet looks so much like the one Inkworks did.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post