Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Marvel's Agents of Shield Season 1 Cards
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marvel's Agents of Shield Season 1 Cards
 Login/Join

posted
Agent Coulson and the Calvary signed cards are coming.

From Previews...

"Revisit the first season of ABC's hit series, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. with this new trading card series from Rittenhouse Archives! The 72-card base set features all 22 season one episodes with photos and detailed plot synopses. In addition, there are bonus cards and insert series to collect, and collectors will find autograph cards with signers including Clark Gregg, Ming-Na, and many more! Then, store your collection in the official album which comes with a bonus promo card! 5 cards per pack, 24 packs per box."

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
This set does interest me, but I might just try and pick up a couple of single autographs of Chloe Bennett and Jaimie Alexander if they get her to sign.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am so happy Rittenhouse is doing this set and not Topps. So we actually have a chance at getting some autographs.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:
This set does interest me, but I might just try and pick up a couple of single autographs of Chloe Bennett and Jaimie Alexander if they get her to sign.

yes indeed,I would be vey happy to get a Jaimie Alexander on-card auto

This message has been edited. Last edited by: damien,

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just found this on Blowout:

Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season One (Rittenhouse)

At least 1 Autograph Card and 1 Relic Card in Every Box!

Autograph signers include:

Clark Gregg (Agent Phil Coulson)
Chloe Bennett (Skye)
Ming-Na Wen (Agent Melinda May)
Brett Dalton (Agent Grant Ward)
Elizabeth Henstridge (Agent Jemma Simmons)
Bill Paxton (John Garrett)
Patton Oswalt (Eric Koenig)
Adrian Pasdar (Colonel Talbot)
Saffron Burrows (Agent Victoria Hand)
J. August Richards (Mike Peterson)
Titus Welliver (Agent Felix Blake)
Ruth Negga (Raina)
and more!

72-Card Base Set, with complete plot synopses for all 22 Season One episodes.

Plus, look for the following bonus card sets:
• 72-card GOLD Parallel Base Set (1:24 packs, 1 per box)(#'d to 100 each)
• 6-card S.H.I.E.L.D. AGENT ID BADGES Set (1:24 packs, 1 per box)
• 6-card ART OF LEVEL 7 Set (1:24 packs, 1 per box)
• 18-card ALLEGIENCE Set (1:24 Packs, 1 per box)
• 9-card S.H.I.E.L.D. TECH Set (1:24 Packs, 1 per box)
• 19-card RELICS Set (1:24 packs, 1 per box)

6-Case Incentive:
Stan Lee Autograph Card

9-Case Incentive:
Cobie Smulders (Agent Maria Hill) Autograph Card

18-Case Incentive:
Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season One Archive Box

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great! Can't wait, but where's Fitz?

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazing that they got Bill Paxton to sign!! He's been one of my favorite actors since I first seen him as Hudson. Count me in!

Posts: 49 | Location: Michigan | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Bill Paxton is terrific, and never better than in "Frailty" and "Near Dark", two of my favorite horror films.
I'll definitely be picking up that card!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Bill Paxton is terrific, and never better than in "Frailty" and "Near Dark", two of my favorite horror films.

Frailty is an underrated gem that not enough have seen, excellent performance and film in general. I recommend it to pretty much anyone looking for a good thriller/horror. I'm also a big fan of his work from "A Simple Plan." He and Billy Bob were terrific in that one, another very underrated film. I've actually heard that it was his favorite film he's worked on.

He was also in one of my favorite episodes ever of "Tales From the Crypt." Don't know if anyone seen his appearance in that. That card is priority number one from me.

Posts: 49 | Location: Michigan | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
"Simple Plan" was terrific, that's a Sam Raimi movie.
The Tales of the Crypt episode is the one where Brad Dourif plays his brother. That is a good one.
Paxton has played his share of roles in big movies like "Titanic", "Twister", "Tombstone" and "Apollo 13", but he's really at his best in the oddball stuff. "The Dark Backward" and "Brain Damage" are just a couple of little seen cult favorites I enjoyed him in.
Plus who could forget, "Fishheads, fishheads, rolly-polly fishheads. Fishhead, fishheads, eat them up. Yum!" ?

OK, ok, just about everyone. Well, google it.
It's finger lickin' good!
Game over, man.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
great auto list
and I'm happy to see other fans of ''Frailty''

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Interesting that all of the inserts are 1:24 minimum including the (ugh) parallel set.

I'm not sure if I should bother with a box since I am not interested in any of the inserts, and just put that money towards a Chloe Bennett autograph.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Paxton and Oswalt! Holy smokes!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dexterfan18:
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:

Frailty is an underrated gem that not enough have seen, excellent performance and film in general. I recommend it to pretty much anyone looking for a good thriller/horror.

Frailty is an absolutely brilliant litte movie that seems like one thing and turns into another. I will not spoil the ending, but Paxton was also the film's director and I don't know why it didn't start a new career for him.

Near Dark is the forerunner to Tru Blood and Rob Zombie with a killer cast that includes three Aliens veterans. Yup, good stuff for slightly weird people. Wink Thumb Up

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
With "Frailty", you also get Powers Boothe who adds an instant "creep" factor to anything he's in. He is simply great at what he does.

With regards to "Near Dark", I just noticed this SHIELD set will have autographs from Paxton who played the charismatic vampire Severen and Adrian Pasdar who starred as Caleb the newbie vampire in one of his first movies (he was only 21 while filming). Maybe SHIELD will have Lance Henriksen appear at some point, and then we can get an autograph that way of another standout character, Jesse Hooker, the lead vampire from that classic film.

One of the best lines in "Near Dark", set in 1987, occurs when Jesse is asked how old he is:

"Let's just put it this way. I fought for the South. We lost".

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Lance Henriksen signed for the first AVP set. It was originally put out at over $100. I don't know how many were done, but it was supposed to be very limited. After Inkworks folded I started to see a few that were greatly reduced. I already had mine, so I didn't follow it anymore, but it's a great card with a silver signature.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I forgot about that AVP autograph. I'll have to check to see if I have it.
Lance starred on Fox's "Millennium" also, so maybe if the X-Files TV series comes back as has been discussed, he'll pop up on there, too.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
All regular chase cards are 1 per box EACH??? And people wonder why the hobby is declining. I was thinking of picking a few boxes up, but not now.
(Despite the fact that my income has drastically improved.)

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard:
All regular chase cards are 1 per box EACH??? And people wonder why the hobby is declining. I was thinking of picking a few boxes up, but not now.
(Despite the fact that my income has drastically improved.)

I personally think that's awesome -- still 6 inserts per box, but at 1 per box they may actually have some value. . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
I personally think that's awesome -- still 6 inserts per box, but at 1 per box they may actually have some value. . .

If you're collecting as a financial investment, I'm sure that's just wonderful news. If you're collecting because you love Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, well, that's a bummer.

Personally, I value a card for its content and style, not because a manufacturer forcibly short packs it. I'm in the minority these days. I know.

And don even get me started on parallels (aka lazy chase cards).

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post