Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Marvel's Agents of Shield Season 1 Cards
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marvel's Agents of Shield Season 1 Cards
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard:
quote:
I personally think that's awesome -- still 6 inserts per box, but at 1 per box they may actually have some value. . .

If you're collecting as a financial investment, I'm sure that's just wonderful news. If you're collecting because you love Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, well, that's a bummer.

Personally, I value a card for its content and style, not because a manufacturer forcibly short packs it. I'm in the minority these days. I know.

And don even get me started on parallels (aka lazy chase cards).

I'd much rather open a box of cards and be happy that I spent the money on a box rather than looking at the contents thinking -- gee, I could have bought all these cards loose for half the money.

I bought a set of the Quotable cards from GOT 3 for around $7 shipped. That's a 9 card set, and the guy probably spent $1.50 on shipping so $5.50 for 9 cards -- Granted those are 1:12 packs -- these will be twice that rare, so what $1 a card. . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
You're much better off buying the insert sets from the case-breakers anyway. It's a whole lot cheaper than buying boxes, especially since most of the autographs in this series will be very affordable on the aftermarket.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
You're much better off buying the insert sets from the case-breakers anyway. It's a whole lot cheaper than buying boxes, especially since most of the autographs in this series will be very affordable on the aftermarket.

Well that about sums it up for everything now, every card manufacturer, every product, every insert, every parallel, every premium hit in every product.

It might be that I'm just having a bad run, but the boxes I've busted for the last three months have not yielded much of value besides a base set, and one didn't even have the full base. You might say that the sum of the parts was not only not worth the total price, which is to expected, but they were miserably below the price.

I have always loved busting 1 or 2 boxes on random titles for the set and the occasional big hit. I didn't mind losing some money, but quite frankly I don't think I can afford it anymore, there is too much of a loss difference.

So yes, we are better off turning to case-breakers and dealers, but how long will it be before they suffer profit loses if the number of box buying customers drastically falls off? How long will they bust product if most new cards on the secondary market are affordable and the broken down contents does not pay for the case? Just wondering. Wink

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hopefully manufacturers keep tinkering with the products until they find the ratio that works out for both case breakers and box breakers. . . The larger inserts sets will take more than a case to put together so perhaps they won't be immediately dumped.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It might be that I'm just having a bad run, but the boxes I've busted for the last three months have not yielded much of value besides a base set

I know exactly what you mean. I was so frustrated I started buying cases but now can't afford those.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
For the sets I'm really interested in, I generally split the difference of late. I'll pick up a box or two to get a good look at the cards and try my luck on a nice autograph or two. I usually then pick up the chase sets and an autograph or two from the casebreakers. The only exception is when a product has a lot of autographs I want, as in that case, I'll buy a few more boxes. I bought very few cases last year, if any, which was a change. I ended up buying over a case of Topps 75th, but that ended up happening because the boxes stayed available at a decent price. That doesn't always happen either.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agents of SHIELD P1 promo card.

http://instagram.com/p/ypzoqjHUjZ/

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Product page is up on Rittenhouse's site:

http://www.scifihobby.com/prod...os-season1/index.cfm

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And here's a pic of the Bill Paxton autograph, taken from the Rittenhouse facebook page:

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A few I need from that list of signers. Looking forward to this set. Smile

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Rittenhouse has announced that Marvel: Agents of SHIELD Season One Trading Cards are now SOLD OUT.

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
Rittenhouse has announced that Marvel: Agents of SHIELD Season One Trading Cards are now SOLD OUT.

At Wholesale...

Still plenty to be had at Friendly Dealers.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Any idea when we might get a complete list of signers? I know the set comes out in a few weeks.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:
Any idea when we might get a complete list of signers? I know the set comes out in a few weeks.

To my knowledge, a complete list has not been made available.

But the ones we know of are pretty darn impressive. Anything else is gravy.

Ed

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This was on an eBay listing from a reputable seller. We'll see if Rittenhouse will confirm:

"****This news just in from Rittenhouse Archives.....BONUS Silver Signature Series autograph card of Cobie Smulders added to the packs!!!***

1. 1. The release date has been pushed back by one week, from April 8th to April 15th, as a result of a minor printing glitch. We regret the delay, but it couldn’t be avoided.

2. 2. Chloe Bennet (Skye) fractured her arm and could not sign her cards in time to be included in this first series of cards. We expect that her signed cards will be available in the Season Two collection.

3.We are adding a BONUS Silver Signature Series autograph card of Cobie Smulders (Agent Maria Hill) into the packs/boxes. These cards will only be found in packs, not in the Archive Boxes, and they will be the rarest cards in the set."

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

2. 2. Chloe Bennet (Skye) fractured her arm and could not sign her cards in time to be included in this first series of cards. We expect that her signed cards will be available in the Season Two collection.
cards in the set."

She was one of the main people I was looking to get. Oh well. Hope she is ok.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:
quote:

cards in the set."

She was one of the main people I was looking to get. Oh well. Hope she is ok.

She's signing today at the Emerald City Comic Con (and tweeted about it) so she must be recovered. At least I hope so, someone I know on another forum is getting her to sign my cast photo Big Grin

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Full checklist is up on the RA site. Autographs are 1:18 packs so that's 3 per 2 boxes on average:

http://www.scifihobby.com/prod...cklist.cfm?SetID=311

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Full checklist is up on the RA site. Autographs are 1:18 packs so that's 3 per 2 boxes on average:

http://www.scifihobby.com/prod...cklist.cfm?SetID=311

This is fantastic news. I've been saying for a long time that if you made the possibility of another 'hit' in the box that you'd see fewer of the unsealed boxes of unopened packs.

It also means in 5 years that the boxes are still interesting because they might have a second auto.

And I'll miss the Bennett auto, but the overall list is pretty awesome. And that gives us something to look forward to on Season 2.

Ed

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Anybody got theirs yet?

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post