Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Captain America: Civil War (Upper Deck)

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/3317050286

April 27, 2016, 12:46 PM
Ryan Cracknell
Captain America: Civil War (Upper Deck)
The autographs checklist has been released and it includes Chris Evans and Emily VanCamp: http://www.beckett.com/news/ch...n-america-civil-war/

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
April 27, 2016, 10:36 PM
ts
That's cool. But, what I can't stand about Upper Deck releases. Is their autographs are so rare...even minor cast members are very expensive. I am sure Chris Evans card will be hundreds of dollars.
April 28, 2016, 02:32 AM
hammer
Makes it even more disappointing that Emily didn't sign for Revenge Shake Head
May 17, 2016, 03:41 PM
Raven
If its any consolation, her autograph is horrid. I think there's a p at the end connecting with an unknown first letter and nothing else.

Chris Evans looks like he just about signs Chr, that's it.

I know manufacturers can't make people give them legible signatures, but they are getting paid for it. I always cringe when I see certified autograph cards selling in 3 figure ranges that are so bad they would not be readable without the card.

It really makes you appreciate the way a company like Breygent can still get signers to do inscriptions, doodles and ink changes, along with nice signatures. Maybe it's just the difference between TV actors trying to promote a show and movie actors who just don't care.
May 18, 2016, 03:56 AM
Triple-Frog
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
If its any consolation, her autograph is horrid. I think there's a p at the end connecting with an unknown first letter and nothing else.

Chris Evans looks like he just about signs Chr, that's it.

I know manufacturers can't make people give them legible signatures, but they are getting paid for it. I always cringe when I see certified autograph cards selling in 3 figure ranges that are so bad they would not be readable without the card.

It really makes you appreciate the way a company like Breygent can still get signers to do inscriptions, doodles and ink changes, along with nice signatures. Maybe it's just the difference between TV actors trying to promote a show and movie actors who just don't care.

I think the fact Upper Deck uses stickers is more to blame for the poor signatures. When you see the full sheets of stickers the actors sign you can see how little room there is on each individual sticker.
May 18, 2016, 09:11 AM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
I think the fact Upper Deck uses stickers is more to blame for the poor signatures. When you see the full sheets of stickers the actors sign you can see how little room there is on each individual sticker.

Certainly true for some, just take a look at the Topps Walking Dead thread to see what has happened to Brighton Sharbino's autograph on a sticker. And it is impossible to include any sort of inscription. It's a little late, but I think the hatred of stickers is growing as licenses are changing hands.

For other signers it's just them, as room is not an issue and we still get initials or scribbles with so little consistency you can't tell a fake from the real deal. It usually is something I shrug off, but if the card is truly expensive, like a Daniel Craig, I just feel it deserves to look better if it's going to cost that much. A minority opinion, but I can't help it.