Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Trek Beyond (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek Beyond (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I think it's a product of the times. No one writes anymore. No one signs checks, writes letters. Combine that with having to sit down and sign so many.....sloppiness reigns....
Which isnt' to say, I didn't wish they'd take more care....

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
I can understand the 35 Relic cards (1 per box), but I do not understand why they have to make the Chekov Memoriam cards so rare(1:288 packs). With 9 to collect these are going to be very difficult to put together even for large dealers. I guess it is really just another incentive for serious collectors to buy an Archive Box?

I see the Rewards card is a variant of the Chekov Relic card, so you'll need plenty of wrappers for that one.

Promo Cards:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WOMBLE,

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Komodo
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to this release!

Posts: 1206 | Location: St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to this release too!

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
The Rittenhouse website checklist has been updated with images of the autograph cards, which come in three designs:-

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Scotty Auto is listed as Scarce

Captain Pike Relic is also listed as Scarce

Scarce = 100 or less produced

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
I can understand the 35 Relic cards (1 per box), but I do not understand why they have to make the Chekov Memoriam cards so rare(1:288 packs). With 9 to collect these are going to be very difficult to put together even for large dealers. I guess it is really just another incentive for serious collectors to buy an Archive Box?

I see the Rewards card is a variant of the Chekov Relic card, so you'll need plenty of wrappers for that one.

The Memorium cards aren't in the archive box, just as an fyi.
And I kinda hope the Chekov reward is costly. I send my master set clients tons of wrappers with each release as an incentive to think I'm awesome Wink (jk). Sure would be nice for them to have something nice to spend them on.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STCardGeek:
...And I kinda hope the Chekov reward is costly. I send my master set clients tons of wrappers with each release as an incentive to think I'm awesome Wink (jk). Sure would be nice for them to have something nice to spend them on.

Rittenhouse restricts wrappers for points to two cases worth per release, and in the past, relic reward cards have needed a very large amount of points. It's a nice looking card.
Regular/Reward card:-

Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I'm glad it's the image that's different. I don't collect varying swatches...colors..etc. I just like cards that are unique.

Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
OK, people, time to get excited! Contest-not official contest from RA, just me....a ST Beyond quote contest....one for each letter in Beyond. I will then select a random winner from all entries...(you may enter for each new letter I assign) post the quote here..I will tabulate the entries with my Facebook page and RA's forum postings (and email stcardgeek@gmail.com, so feel free to email me quotes) where I will also be offering chances to enter this contest....one...maybe two, if I'm feeling generous will received a random autograph card or costume card of my choosing. Contest ends the day after we get to the letter D....
Today is B...what'cha got.....?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: STCardGeek,

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Boldly go where no man has gone before.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Beam me up, Scotty!

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
"But if the universe is truly endless... then are we not striving for something forever out of reach?"

Thanks for the contest!

P.S. I'm really excited for this set. I have a case coming and I'm hoping to pull Chris Pine and Peter Weller. Fingers crossed!

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
You didn't say if we have to stick to Original Star Trek or any ST. Not Original, but truer than ever. Big Grin

"Believing oneself to be perfect is often the sign of a delusional mind."

Posts: 10374 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I thought it was implied in the words "ST Beyond quotes" part, but I'll accept any quotes for today but then for the rest of it, use the movie quotes...Beisdes, how can I reject the quote "Beam Me Up Scotty!" or "Boldly Go" Wink

Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robomole:
"But if the universe is truly endless... then are we not striving for something forever out of reach?"

Thanks for the contest!

P.S. I'm really excited for this set. I have a case coming and I'm hoping to pull Chris Pine and Peter Weller. Fingers crossed!

I have 36 cases coming, so I BETTER pull a Pine and Weller Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does it have to start with that day's letter? If not...

"Is that classical music?"

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
Does it have to start with that day's letter? If not...

"Is that classical music?"

yes so todays letter is B and tommorow will be E.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
Yes, need to be a B....and hurry hurry, cause today is E! I"m not a real stickler on being totally prompt on when you get the replies in, not everyone visits every day, so as long as it's at least within a day...it's fine!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
"Everyone who goes there, he kills."

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post