Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Trek Beyond (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek Beyond (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
That's because RA is including signers from all 3 modern Star Trek movies. It's in the small print under many more.

Seems like they are empting their Star Trek new movie autograph inventory in this one. At least its 2 autos per box. So let's see just how diluted the list gets because the names are pretty good so far. Smile

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm really hoping Idris Elba signs but that seems unlikely unless he's a late addition. If he signed cards Rittenhouse certainly would've included him in this initial list. It also looks like they didn't have any luck in getting Benedict Cumberbatch to sign those full-bleed cards from a few years back.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I want that Jaylah card so much, and I love that it matches the other movie design.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
From what I read on another forum there will also be autographed wardrobe cards of Quinto, Urban, Boutella, and Alice Eve.

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Sigh, I was kinda hoping that the movie design was finished as I am slowly working on it, but the cards looks great!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
I really like how they have used the TOS/Movie card design for these reboot signers, the best looking Trek auto cards IMO.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a list that looks great so far. As usual with Rittenhouse it's the "and many more" that worry me. I would love for this to be a set with no or next to no filler autos. I guess we will know when the checklist is up. Fingers crossed.

Posts: 193 | Location: Ca | Registered: June 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rich65:
This is a list that looks great so far. As usual with Rittenhouse it's the "and many more" that worry me. I would love for this to be a set with no or next to no filler autos. I guess we will know when the checklist is up. Fingers crossed.

It's Rittenhouse... filler autos are their stock in trade.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Obi Wan Chrisobi:
quote:
Originally posted by Rich65:

It's Rittenhouse... filler autos are their stock in trade.

You can be sure that every background Klingon and random member of Krall's group will sign for this set. The last movie set is what made me retire from Star Trek collecting. I used to buy at least one box and a binder of every release, but then in my only box I pulled two autographs of characters who didn't even have names (to this day, Burly Cadet makes me sadder than you can imagine) and every decent autograph was so hard to pull that they were hundred of dollars on eBay. I get it, not every box can be a winner, but after maybe 40 Trek boxes ever the bad pile is much bigger for me (although I did pull my Chris Pine from a single box of Trek 09 I bought from Ed/Sci Fi Cards, so I can't complain too much).

With this set, I am saving my money and some friendly online seller will get my money for the Sofia Boutella card and if I can get an Alice Eve in that same style for less than a car payment, I will get that too. (And I'm sure Rittenhouse will suck me right back in for Discovery when that set comes out next year...)

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
From the list shown.....only 3 Autos from packs will be above $100

Pine
Saldana
&
Eve

maybe

Boutella

as for the "filler" comments....

they could go the topps or UD way of an Auto every 4 or 5 box route.... & still get a Minor Actor...

RA puts out the Best cards.....

I am biased as I am Trek & always will be...

I've passed on some Trek cards as I didn't see a good Resale outlook for them....

I will be on This Set.

Name a Trek set that offered over 2 $100 Autos out of packs...... I can't think of many.... the Incentives are Icing on the Cake.

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
quote:

as for the "filler" comments....

they could go the topps or UD way of an Auto every 4 or 5 box route.... & still get a Minor Actor...

RA puts out the Best cards.....

I think Inkworks did it best. One autograph per box with a nice mix of main and lesser cast members with maybe six to a dozen different signers. Rittenhouse overdoes it with a huge list of signers but most of them are minor cast members and they repeat a lot of them. While Rittenhouse does produce some nice sets, they need to learn the old maxim that sometimes less is more.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:

Name a Trek set that offered over 2 $100 Autos out of packs...... I can't think of many.... the Incentives are Icing on the Cake.

There are quite a few, if you go by the NSU price guide and take the high end value. Anything with Nimoy and Shatner in the same product automatically have two. Then there is usually some short prints and/or some better known guest stars. In the older original series cards, all of the main crew are over $100, make that close to. Then you have the deceased actors. The sets of Star Trek movies also have multiples of better known actors.

The Star Trek sets that don't seem to have many big autographs are the likes of Deep Space Nine and Voyager. Even Ryan used to be higher.

Incentives are only icing on the cake for the dealers. They are just more gaps for collectors. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
The Skybox sets have 1 Auto per box.

TOS is the best Value wise with Shatner & Nimoy for sure....

TNG - Patrick Stewart sells ( regularly ) under $100, Hell, Even Whoopie has dropped... occasionally a new signer will pop up but fall under $100 after release

DS9 - Rick Berman is the only one that pops to mind

Voyager - Jeri Ryan is at or below $100 out of the pack

Enterprise - Jolene Blalock is above $100

the Movies - Montelban, Joan Collins and a few others here or there...

Yvonne Craig & Majel Barrett have Stayed at their previous levels.

for Collectors & Dealers.... I stand with my comments on Star Trek Beyond.

as to the filler comments,

I like a lot of the Filler Actors...

I was made fun of after hitting 2 cut signature Autos but not hitting this one!

I had to Buy (3) Burley Cadet (Cupcake) Autos because I didn't hit any out of my cases

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Looks good.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

Incentives are only icing on the cake for the dealers. They are just more gaps for collectors. Wink

Heh. Smile

Sorry late to thread am I!

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
Every time I see that image of the McCoy costume card, all I see is DeForest Kelley.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
It must be hard for card manufacturers like RA who are still dedicated enough to want on card signatures. They make such nice looking autograph cards and then the actors come along and destroy them.

Alice Eve is the best of that lot and would still be unreadable if you didn't see the name. Same thing with Quinto, but sloppier. Urban never gives you anything more, but Boutella for a new signer is the most disappointing.

If they were going to do only 4 signed relic cards for the packs, I wish RA had picked other actors. The Saldana and Pine auto/relics look much better, but of course they are the multi case incentives. Frown

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
It must be hard for card manufacturers like RA who are still dedicated enough to want on card signatures. They make such nice looking autograph cards and then the actors come along and destroy them.

Frown

You are certainly correct with the 4 cards above, they are really nice looking cards ruined by scribble. Shake Head

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post