Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Outlander CZX (Cryptozoic)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Outlander CZX (Cryptozoic)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Well it gets easier to get over when you can't afford it. Wink

That'll do it!

Posts: 795 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
There is only one way to stop any business from making fools of their customer base, and that's to not buy it.

Getting over the FMO is the hardest part.

Well it gets easier to get over when you can't afford it. Wink

Nobody will be able to afford it if it carries on like this. Shake Head

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Full pdf checklist has been posted...

https://www.cryptozoic.com/sit...lander_checklist.pdf

… and Sam Heughan has a 1/1 sketch card (drawn by him).

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:

OMG, everybody has got to look at that sketch. Big Grin

This could be a whole new type of premium hit, Stars Doodling Do-Dos. Watch out sketch artists, you could be replaced.

Posts: 10401 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, I like the single auto design, so I'll try and pick up the new signers, but the limitedness of everything probably tells me the prices, even for low-level names, are going to be a bit too silly.

At least all the ones I need are /125, and I've already got all the more limited ones. Bit disappointed there are no single autos for John Bell or Lauren Lyle, though.

Posts: 795 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

OMG, everybody has got to look at that sketch. Big Grin

This could be a whole new type of premium hit, Stars Doodling Do-Dos. Watch out sketch artists, you could be replaced.

Wayne Pygram did it first! Wink

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There will be an additional Laura Donnelly autograph costume card in exclusive packs at SDCC, numbered to 299. Pack also contains an exclusive promo card (P8), plus two random previously released promos. $50 per pack.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There will also be a promo P6 at SDCC.

So far, we've seen promos P1 to P5 at various shows and in NSU.

Anyone know where P7 will be, if P6 and P8 will both be at San Diego ?

Posts: 4007 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Anyone know where P7 will be, if P6 and P8 will both be at San Diego ?

I'm guessing another show. NYCC maybe?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hopefully P7 won't be tough to find like those Outlander promos from 2 years ago, given out at obscure events in Boston and NYC, which were going for $ 125 plus on ebay afterwards !

Posts: 4007 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got to be honest, I gave up on promos, base cards, and subsets a long time ago.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Apparently promo P7 will be at the National (NSCC) show in August

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
There will be an additional Laura Donnelly autograph costume card in exclusive packs at SDCC, numbered to 299. Pack also contains an exclusive promo card (P8), plus two random previously released promos. $50 per pack.

Numerous scalpers are already trying to sell it for $100-$150. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yikes, you have to wonder how that works. How can you sell something that you presumably don't have yet? Are they already reserved for some people? Are sellers just taking orders and hoping they can pick up enough to fill them? Are Outlander fans going to go to SDCC early and find out no packs are left at $50?

I hate to hear stuff like this because you know the real collectors are not getting a fair opportunity at the original price. I do hope Cryptozoic is limiting it to one pack per person and barring any of their regular buyers from selling packs at higher prices before SDCC has even finished.

It's always the same with hot items at Cons whether promos, cards, figures or anything else. Frown

Posts: 10401 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:

$50 is a great deal compared to the price of the new product and how much the Donnelly autos have gone for.

Posts: 12157 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
$50 is a great deal compared to the price of the new product and how much the Donnelly autos have gone for.

Yeah, in the context of this set it's not bad. I paid a lot less than that for my season two Donnelly auto though. One of the ones modestly inscribed with "Best wishes" or something similar, too.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ravenheart,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If you're an Outlander card collector, you better get there early. I assume anyone already offering the cards doesn't have them yet but is going to buy as many packs as possible as soon as the show opens. Cryptozoic should set a per-person limit but 299 packs are going to go quick whatever they do with multi-case buyers likely going to get special treatment. I can understand that part of it, wanting to keep "good" customers happy, but the collector who has sprung for a box of every series is a good customer too. I think Cryptozoic should give away a pack through a drawing or contest later in the show and/or after the show just to give everyone a chance.

In the 90's there was a pin-up calendar company that took orders in November-December but then delivered in January (after the stores sold at 50% off or more as the month progressed) so it bought everything on sale and sold everything at the retail price (no leftover stock).

Jess

P.S. Yeah, I remember when the show exclusive promos for Inkworks' James Bond Connoisseur's Collection set were hot items. The dealers got 4-card sheets and the singles were available one per day at the Inkworks booth so you had to go every day of the show to get the set or you had to pay at least $10 each after the show (the sheet was more).

quote:
quote:
quote:

Yikes, you have to wonder how that works. How can you sell something that you presumably don't have yet? Are they already reserved for some people? Are sellers just taking orders and hoping they can pick up enough to fill them? Are Outlander fans going to go to SDCC early and find out no packs are left at $50?

I hate to hear stuff like this because you know the real collectors are not getting a fair opportunity at the original price. I do hope Cryptozoic is limiting it to one pack per person and barring any of their regular buyers from selling packs at higher prices before SDCC has even finished.

It's always the same with hot items at Cons whether promos, cards, figures or anything else. Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4391 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Release date: August 14th.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like a Stephen Walters autograph card which should have been in the season 1 set (presumably returned late) is going to be in LA Comic Con exclusive packs. Numbered to 130.

$30 per pack, including the autograph, and four foil variants of season 1 base and chase cards.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks like a Stephen Walters autograph card which should have been in the season 1 set (presumably returned late) is going to be in LA Comic Con exclusive packs. Numbered to 130.

… and here's the card image: