Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Jay and Silent Bob Reboot.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jay and Silent Bob Reboot.
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted
Cardboard connection has a checklist posted, which an anticipated release date of next week:

https://www.cardboardconnectio...reboot-trading-cards

They have 26 people signing in various forms:
Tommy Chong
James Van Der Beek
Jason Biggs
Kevin Smith
Jason Mewes
Bryan Johnson
Dan Fogler
Adam Brody
Joey Lauren Adams
Kate Micucci
Marc Bernardin
Diedrich Bader
Donnell Rawlings
Jesse Rath
Mike Zapcic
Ralph Garman
Walt Flanagan
Jordan Monsanto
Marilyn Ghigliotti
Jennifer Schwalbach Smith
Ming Chen
Scott Schiaffo
Treshelle Edmond
Keith Coogan
Aparna Brielle
Alice Wen

Kevin Smith autographs appear to be among the rarest.

As a fan I like the autograph list, but I don't see a lot of value in most of these signers. Also when I went back and looked at the cast of Reboot I realized that they missed autographs from nearly all of what would have been the top signers -- Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Rosario Dawson, Melissa Benoist, Justin Long, Jason Lee, etc.

You get 1 autograph or sketch per box, and boxes so far seem to be around $100. From a value perspective I think this is a very tough rip.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: webjon,

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I was just telling a friend of mine who owns a card shop the same thing. I think I see 3 that I am interested in or don't already have.

Jason Lee was the only card that had my interest when Chasing Amy was announced and he isn't in this at all. Coogan and Van Der Beek would be cool for their earlier roles.

Getting the comic book men would be ok but not at a premium or even mid range price.

I'm assuming the low Kevin Smith numbers are a Upper Deck strategy as he has been cranking out his signature in high volume lately.

Posts: 4858 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was thinking the same thing about Smith autographs -- 1:10,000 packs is insane.

There are a handful of autographs I'd like to have, but none are must have for me. And there are a bunch of others -- like the Comic Book Men that I'd pick up if they are cheap.

A lot of it is going to depend on how much I like the card/image used.

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I guess it is on the street...Chasing Amy be dammed.

Friend of mine busted a half case yesterday.
For the autograph lovers (as long as you don't care what autographs are available) this is definitely the set for you.

As standard UD product nothing I saw equals the value of the MSRP. Needs to drop at least 50 percent before even entertaining a sealed case/box purchase. If you want a chance to break even.

quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
A lot of it is going to depend on how much I like the card/image used.

The auto card designs are actually not bad at all. Looks like Jennifer Smith could only fit one of her three names on the sticker.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mykdude,

Posts: 4858 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up.

The designs do look pretty good. . .

Bummed that they resorted to sticker autographs this time. That reduces my interest by at least half for any signer who already has a hard signed card.

posted Hide Post
I just realized the 'blueprint' autographs use some sort of a filter on the actor photographs to make them look like they are painted or something.

Really not a fan of that filter/those images at all.