Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Orphan Black
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Had to share this tidbit.... a couple of Rittenhouse boards members and myself have been asking Steve about the chances of RA doing an Orphan Black set and just now he issued this reply:

"Re Orphan Black, I believe another company will be making cards for this show. Sorry."

I know nothing concrete has been announced and even though it stinks that the maker will not be Rittenhouse, I'll be extremely excited IF this set gets made by anyone. You would think if it does happen it would be made by Cryptozoic or Topps, right? Let's hope it won't be NECA. Can't wait to see if it comes to fruition.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Too bad Press Pass is gone. I would've loved to have seen their "Parks and Recreation" style "inscription" autographs for "Orphan Black" with Tatianna Maslany, signing as each of her characters, and providing a line of their dialogue along with the signature (especially for Helena, our favorite).

Posts: 3323 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's good an bad news at the same time -- I'd love an OB set, but really would want RA to produce it. . .

Posts: 5413 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I imagine Breygent could have this one.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Too bad Press Pass is gone. I would've loved to have seen their "Parks and Recreation" style "inscription" autographs for "Orphan Black" with Tatianna Maslany, signing as each of her characters, and providing a line of their dialogue along with the signature (especially for Helena, our favorite).

I did not know that Press Pass closed down. Just checked the websites and it was annouced in January of this year. Can't believe it got no mention here, or did I miss it?

Press Pass turned out some very nice sets. Parks and Recreation was noted, but I really liked the whole Elvis series. It was also the only company that held the NASCAR license. They were in business 22 years and I know that I have many cards lying around from their other products over the years.

Sad to see a good little guy go.

Posts: 10394 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It was mentioned here, since that's where I heard about it, but I'm not sure where on the board. I believe Harris announced it.

I enjoyed their cards as well. The Elvis cards were beauties, for sure. 2+ decades is a good run, but certainly, I wish they'd been able to wrap it up, if that's what they wanted to do, on their own terms, which I don't think is what happened. One of our local comics shops closed about 3 years ago after nearly the same amount of time in business, and the people coming in the last few days had the air about them of someone attending a funeral, and understandably so. A lot of them had essentially grown up at that place we all thought would pretty much always be there.

I keep this stuff in mind and it helps me to never take for granted the continuing fine works of Breygent, Rittenhouse, and some of the other companies who keep making fantastic products despite perhaps not having the resources of a company, like, say, Topps, to be able to do so.

Posts: 3323 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The unfortunate details regarding Press Pass:
http://nonsportupdate.infopop....5604453/m/9407014476

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Thanks chesspieceface. I agree. I liked them (Press Pass) as a company too and their products as well.

I'm definitely up for an Orphan Black set. I love that show. Looking forward to the new season

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post