Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Garbage Pail Kids Flashbacks 2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Garbage Pail Kids Flashbacks 2
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted
Saw the gravity feed retail packs at Target today. $1.99 a pack for 8 cards. A few new packs I can bust open.

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Monsterama2000
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads-up! Gotta find these.

Posts: 120 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Didn't see anything on the Topps website or online store yet.

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hoffmaster007
posted Hide Post
My local hobby shop owner says they will arrive today, Wednesday! Bouncey

Posts: 161 | Location: Harrisburg Pa U.S.A. | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hoffmaster007
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if the hobby boxes and the retail boxes are identical for this release? A Topps representative told my Card shop owner that there was a problem with his order and they would have to send retail boxes instead of hobby boxes, but not to worry as they were identical. I find this hard to believe as they have ALWAYS had different inserts and ratios of! Thanks for any help! Can't seem to get any help from their web site! Frown

Posts: 161 | Location: Harrisburg Pa U.S.A. | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does not sound promising!

posted Hide Post
Pretty sure last years was identical. Even looking at Barren's site, the wrappers were the same.

http://members.tripod.com/garbage_pail_kids/

Main thing I noticed is the price tag printed on the target retail boxes.

Posts: 275 | Location: California | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hoffmaster007
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info glim! From what I could find out from sellers auctions on that web site, the only difference was that the hobby boxes have a poster in the box and the retail boxes don't. I was also wondering about the sketch card ratio. The previous sketches were included 1 in an eight box hobby case, but the retail cases are 16 boxes to a case. They are a big draw of course so that would be a major difference!

posted Hide Post
No posters in the hobby boxes. Here are the odds on the packs (24 packs/box):

Sketch cards 1:469
Shaped sketch cards 1:106

Posts: 275 | Location: California | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glim:
No posters in the hobby boxes. Here are the odds on the packs (24 packs/box):

Sketch cards 1:469
Shaped sketch cards 1:106

Wow, now those are some very LOW odds.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was just at Target and they didn't have the gravity feed box but they did have rack packs. They were in the toy department with the collectable card games. They are $4.99 per pack and have 24 cards and a poster. I bought one pack and got a poster of Michael MUTANT. Does anyone know if there is more than one poster?

Posts: 120 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Monsterama2000:
I was just at Target and they didn't have the gravity feed box but they did have rack packs. They were in the toy department with the collectable card games. They are $4.99 per pack and have 24 cards and a poster. I bought one pack and got a poster of Michael MUTANT. Does anyone know if there is more than one poster?

Have not seen those yet at my Target. Hope there are more! Nothing on Jeffs Checklist site yet.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Baron Aarons GPK site.
http://members.tripod.com/garb...ashback_2_Series.htm

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link Erik.

posted Hide Post
I just found packs of these at the Dollar Tree for $1.00. But they only have four stickers per pack and no insert cards. I bought a couple of packs just so I would have the variant wrapper.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Monsterama2000:
I just found packs of these at the Dollar Tree for $1.00. But they only have four stickers per pack and no insert cards. I bought a couple of packs just so I would have the variant wrapper.
I need to check out my$tree!