Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gotham...
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Spyke
posted Hide Post
awesome fan of his, hope I can get this one. Thumb Up

Posts: 147 | Location: NY | Registered: March 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like Clare Foley is signing...

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:
Looks like Clare Foley is signing...

haha love the faces

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Any rumors of a release date? Besides the Q3.

Thanks!

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:
Any rumors of a release date? Besides the Q3.

Thanks!

With autos still coming in, definitely not. They seem to have taken to announcing release dates only a few days in advance.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Well done to young Master Mazouz for having the best signature in this set.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
One for Ray Donovan fans Thumb Up .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Nice

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
this is really looking like a great set

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The P3 and P5 promos have surfaced, you know where

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Please lord let Makenzie Leigh (Liza)sign for she is not in season 2 Luv You

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Release date for this is 8/31.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
This whole "soon... soon... NEXT WEEK!" release thing is getting old fast.

They had to know it would be ready weeks ago while it was at the printers.

People need to plan, or they may well pass.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
They need to be more worried about pricing collectors out of the market. Two price rises and a case creeping up to $1000 is going to stop a lot of people.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
They need to be more worried about pricing collectors out of the market. Two price rises and a case creeping up to $1000 is going to stop a lot of people.

Stopped me already. Frown

I'm a big sampler or I was a big sampler of titles. There are a slew of sets with really nice autograph cards just released or in process of release. I'm talking about Gotham, Arrow, Outlander, Flash, Orphan Black, Big Bang, Dr. Who, take your pick. Even though I follow none of those shows except BB, in the past I would have picked up a couple of boxes from all of them just for a base set and an autograph or two. Now maybe I will still do BB, maybe not. The only title I will try to half-way complete and will buy until the last season is done is Game of Thrones.

I get a small discount from my LHS when I buy boxes, maybe $5 or $10 depending. It used to cost me $65 to $75 for premium titles. Now it costs me $85 to $95 with the discount. That's not even considering the uber products arriving at $100 and better as an SRP.

At these prices I am not going to be randomly jumping around buying cards from a show I don't watch just because my wacky habit kicks in and I like the look of the cards. All of a sudden I'm focused on only one title and will buy a few single autographs directly from sellers.

So who cares? Not the manufacturers because they are increasingly constructing for case breakers and bulk buyers. I'm only a box buyer, two or three tops at best.

However that just shows how stupid this business has become because I am not just one box buyer. I am not unique. Many card collectors follow different titles and try random stuff for the heck of it. The total accumulation of what they might buy annually is huge, even if it is in smaller orders individually on the various titles.

Only now the cost of these products is too high. You don't have to be an economist to figure out you are losing too much money on an AVERAGE box when you are not absolutely committed to the title. And those master builders that are absolutely committed to the title, well their quitting that too because it is impossible to do on too many new sets.

So yes, cost is stopping many experienced card collectors now. The question for the card manufacturers is, do you think your new methods (super limited, ePacks, Kickstarter, NOW, etc.) will bring in enough new buyers to not only increase your sales, but also offset for all the collectors who have cut back spending on new cards or have completely retreated to the secondary market for old cards?

From where I sit right now, the answer is NO.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
With the £ so low against the $ (15% on last year) and the price rise, my buying is being cut back quite a lot. With Postage from US insane I may be buying only 2 products this year.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post