Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gotham...
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
With the £ so low against the $ (15% on last year) and the price rise, my buying is being cut back quite a lot. With Postage from US insane I may be buying only 2 products this year.

Same here Frown . The only boxes/packs I have bought in the last year have been Perna products. Everything else is too much of a lottery at current prices.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone know the amount of cards that are signed? Looking for the Monaghan, Kane & Foley cards. Thanks!

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Stopped me already. Frown

Yep. Haven't bought a single Cryto box since the first Sons of Anarchy set, and that is entirely because of the combination of rising prices and diminishing returns from the boxes themselves.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Checklist is up. Triple Wardrobe and a couple of over-sized Arkham Patch cards (kept in tact) included on final list.

http://www.beckett.com/news/20...oic-gotham-season-1/

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
non sports cards collecting is KILLING itself - with the ridiculous price of boxes and what do you get 1 auto (usually a 15 - 20 card and 1 memorabilia - maybe $10 bucks - and if you are lucky 1 set of cards - NOT worth it for the cost of an $85 to $90 box and the never ending delays until the card set is no longer relevant- there is unfortunately no reason to buy a non sport card box unless you are a completist and want to do a master set and get some trade fodder - the companies have priced the set collector, the low to moderate income collector out of the market and then they continue to make autograph after autograph of the freaking same people - who need s shatner 12 times in 12 different sets - as unpleasant as that man can be I would rather have none of him - it is a shame it is sad to see this hobby go down the toilet - just saying - my rant my opinion my right - companies have to suck it up cut costs and find a way to get the younger collector and the collector on a modest income in to perpetuate the hobby's existence - right now I do not see that occurring

Posts: 198 | Location: United States | Registered: December 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Even worse, getting a Topps box where your not even guaranteed an autograph, I always seem to get a non auto box, so your paying a high price and can't be certain if the person you bought off haven't sent you a left over box after finding all auto's, on the other hand you could get lucky, I once got a Leonard Nimoy mirror image auto, the last time I saw it on ebay, someone was selling it for £800, also, William Shatner is a legend.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Not to get further off topic, but...

This is why premium packs were a great idea, and the market joined together and said 'we don't care if it's easier for both us and the companies, we want to spend $40 more and open a ton of packs so we can have dozens of leftover and unwanted base cards!' I remember people who were active posters here who decided to stop collecting because they rejected premium packs/anything besides traditional 24-36 pack boxes.

The $80+ box is a relic, and while it arguably still works for something like Walking Dead, Star Wars, or Game of Thrones, the premium pack gave you a few base cards, a few standards inserts, and your hits in a small package and cut back on so much waste. Think of all the great sets we could have that won't sell in a standard pack format but could do well as premium packs. The costs to box out a product are obviously too high for boxes to be the $55 they used to be but the reward (in terms of cards that you can't buy for less than the cost of the box) just isn't there. I bought a couple of boxes of Arrow and got two of what I would consider to be good autographs, but they are still $25-30 on eBay and the other inserts and a base set do not add up to the other $50 spent.

Topps and Upper Deck get a lot of hate (and some of it justified) but they are trying new things at least. The market has to try new things - Topps Now, ePacks, factory sets like Rocky - because the $80 box is not a value anymore. The attitude I have to take now is basically that I am playing the lottery -- I know my box of Arrow will probably not have anything I couldn't get for $25 in an auction, but maybe it will have that Emily Bett Rickards card I could never afford otherwise...

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:
Not to get further off topic, but...

This is why premium packs were a great idea, and the market joined together and said 'we don't care if it's easier for both us and the companies, we want to spend $40 more and open a ton of packs so we can have dozens of leftover and unwanted base cards!' I remember people who were active posters here who decided to stop collecting because they rejected premium packs/anything besides traditional 24-36 pack boxes. ...

I loved that first wave of premium packs for $35 - $40. Those that contained a whole base set and a couple of hits were even better. They took to calling them "premium boxes" at the time for lack of a better name.

No matter the price point, you have to get a minimum amount of value from the contents that makes your taking the risk of busting packs. It's not about making money on big cards, it's about not losing so much when you don't get them, which is more often the case.

I would go back to premium packs any time. Smile

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So, why is the Erin Richards autograph so expensive to buy ? is she an announced shorter print ? or do sellers select who the expensive autographs are going to be ? and why is it always the female ? maybe its because I wanted it, I didn't get her in the boxes I bought, now I will never get it at that price, it's around £130-40, why ?

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
So, why is the Erin Richards autograph so expensive to buy ? is she an announced shorter print ? or do sellers select who the expensive autographs are going to be ? and why is it always the female ? maybe its because I wanted it, I didn't get her in the boxes I bought, now I will never get it at that price, it's around £130-40, why ?

Dealers busting product know which autographs are coming up short, so that could be part of it. However CZE has seemed to be a bit better at spreading out the numbers more evenly than some others, so somebody is going to have to confirm that she is a harder pull. More likely it's just an increased demand that is the driving force, but it might be the combination of the two factors. I always think demand trumps supply anyway.

More card collectors are male, so they like the autograph cards of the younger female characters/stars better and buy them up faster. Also Richards character is rumored to have an expanded role in the next season and may be one of the prime villains.

I don't think the card is worth the price either, just based on the accomplishments of the signer, but if the demand is there it doesn't have to make sense in the short term. Whether the high autograph prices of similar actresses on TV show sets like Arrow, Flash and Gotham hold up long term kind of depends on how well their careers go after they move on IMHO.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, why is the Erin Richards autograph so expensive to buy ?

Attractive women autograph signers that are part of the main cast are almost always more expensive. Just the way it goes.

I do think her auto is harder to pull though based on some breaks that I've seen.

Posts: 7 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Judging by what a sh*t-show the case breaks for this are, anyone who doesn't turn up in every case is automatically more expensive. There's very little scope in this set for case dealers to make profit.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
quote:

Judging by what a sh*t-show the case breaks for this are, anyone who doesn't turn up in every case is automatically more expensive. There's very little scope in this set for case dealers to make profit.

Where are you finding case breaks? I've only seen one posted so far -- curious to see more.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
quote:

Where are you finding case breaks? I've only seen one posted so far -- curious to see more.

From dealers who break and sell everything rather than making master sets. Haven't seen anyone else bother writing them out. They prefer to keep buyers guessing as to rarities. But from what I can tell, they've all been as bad as the one posted.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic has a blog post on their site showing off some of the autograph variant/inscriptions. Link is below.

Also, there is another autograph card that was supposed to be in this release but didn't get back to them in time: Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle

There's information on there about the various ways the card is going to be released so keep an eye out for your chance to win one.

Here's the link:

https://www.cryptozoic.com/blo...am-autograph-updates

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Oh great. So those aren't going to turn out super-expensive to acquire at all then.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
that's the card I wanted the most

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Judging from the twitter picture below it appears as though Camren signed for Season 2 also.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Has anyone seen / pulled an oversize card yet?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Did anyone else try the NPN for this? I sent in about 20 total postcards over October and November hoping to win the Camren Bicondova card. A few months ago I got a couple of random inserts, and assumed I didn't win. Today I came home to a package containing this beauty:

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post