Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blakes 7
 Login/Join

Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
Any news on release dates preview and set?

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
At the moment we're looking at April for preview sets and May for the main set. Unfortunately neither the BBC or B7 Enterprises are very quick at approving images so taken a bit longer than we hoped although the delay has meant we've been able to secure more signers! I know you mentioned Carol Hawkins and she has now confirmed as well as Brian Croucher.

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of samauto
posted Hide Post
Hi,

We have a few collectors here in New Zealand very interested in this set. Will cases be available for sale worldwide or just in the UK? Do you have a US distributor? I remember watching this myself all those years ago.

Let me know, Pete

Posts: 504 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Cases are available worldwide and we have a US distributor too.

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
A new TV series looks a step closer.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-22079232

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The original's rather bleak and cynical worldview is very much in tune with much of todays TV programmes but I am wary of getting too excited.For every good US remake of a UK programme there are five bad ones Frown.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hm, if SyFy are making it then it will effectively have a similar budget to the original series. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing Big Grin

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Any update on this release?

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Glynis Barber (Mutoid)

There's reason enough to collect these in itself !! Harriet Makepeace from Dempsey & Makepeace !! Luv You

Posts: 3 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: January 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:

To be completely honest everything's taking longer to get approved than we first envisaged. Whilst the delays are frustrating for everyone I'm hoping we're very close now and I'll have more news very soon.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Wright:
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:

To be completely honest everything's taking longer to get approved than we first envisaged. Whilst the delays are frustrating for everyone I'm hoping we're very close now and I'll have more news very soon.

Is this set any closer to release yet Jason?

Also, is there anything else in the pipeline?

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I heard from Jason start of June that because of the new series the BBC were being even more protective of the licence than usual and that a lot of changes had to be made to the set.

Knowing the BBC's usual it must be a nightmare to get approvals Frown .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel horrible for Jason with all of this going on.

Posts: 377 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
At the moment we are still awaiting approvals which is just a little frustrating!! We know they're in negotiations for possible new TV series which is probably why they've been a little slow, but in the meantime we've been getting on with the 2nd set which will cover series 3 and 4. We have a great list of signers for both sets and once everything's approved we can move very quickly on getting this product out. Hopefully we're very nearly there!!!

Picture of wvfan
posted Hide Post
Can you give us some spoilers on the signers.

Posts: 130 | Location: petersburg WV | Registered: December 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of samauto
posted Hide Post
Any more news on this release?

Let me know.

Pete

Posts: 504 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
At long last we're starting to get approvals on the cards. We have also completed all the design work for our 2nd set which covers series 3-4 which will go to print at the same time.

Signers for set 1 include:

Gareth Thomas as Blake
Paul Darrow as Avon
Michael Keating as Vila
Jan Chappell as Cally
Sally Knyvette as Jenna
John Leeson as Pascoe/Toise
Stephen Greif as Travis
Jacqueline Pearce as Servalan
Brian Croucher as Travis (recast)
Glynis Barber as Mutoid
Julan Glover as Kayn
Isla Blair as Sinofar
Brian Blessed as Vargas
David Bailie as Chevner
Michael Briant (Director)
Ian Cullen as Escon
Gareth Thomas/Sally Knyvette Dual
Jacqueline Pearce/Stephen Greif dual

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Excellent list of signers Thumb Up . Hope you leave at least six months between the release of 1/2 and 3/4 to allow my wallet to recover Big Grin .

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
We are aiming to release set 1 by 22nd November so hopefully it can showcase at the Memorabilia show. We're still waiting on sketch card approvals so there will only be a limited amount in the product. Set 2 is being printed at the same time so hopefully we can increase sketch card content in the 2nd product which will be released in March

Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
Will there still be a preview set or are you just doing the full releases?

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post