Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    HBO Spartacus trading cards
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HBO Spartacus trading cards
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
I preordered a box and only want the set of autos that leaves me with prefect collation 18 extra autos and 30 numbered base cards and 30 numbered inserts i think i can move the extras and recoup a nice chunk of what i am paying for the box

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cardinalfan13,

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
The only issue with these is the base set (or lack of). A box for cards only differs from a premium pack in that you don't get a base set. I like the idea of these packs but I do like my base set. Perhaps an additional 100 base set's could be sold seperately (unnumbered) as well.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardinalfan13:
I preorder a box and only want the set of autos that leaves me with prefect collation 18 extra autos and 30 numbered base cards and 30 numbered inserts i think i can move the extras and recoup a nice chunk of what i am paying for the box

that is the only thing i am really hopeing for is prefect collation i would like to make a set of each and just sell the rest.

Posts: 230 | Location: pa | Registered: March 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of G6ADC
posted Hide Post
Is there a list of UK & US dealers who will be buying this product?

As I might be interested

Posts: 767 | Location: Coventry, UK | Registered: July 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am hoping for perfect collation as well, as I decided to go ahead with the full box instead of just 10 packs. I figure the extra autographs can be sold off and I will be more than happy to have a master set of this great series since I am afraid the base sets will be fairly hard to put together. Single cards will probably sell for more than most other full base sets. I hope that all the autographs are inserted at the same rate because I would hate to still need 3 or 4 autographs after opening the box. Hopefully Rittenhouse will have forthcoming news of who all 12 of the signers will be. I am definitely excited about this set, even more than before after watching the last 2 episodes of the season today.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nick9819:
That is the only thing i am really hopeing for is prefect collation i would like to make a set of each and just sell the rest.

It sounds like a good idea for you guys. I don't think that an average collector can do this however.

The biggest problem is that you have to make a large payment all at once, its the equivalent of buying a case afterall. The second problem is that only certain collectors ever try to sell their cards, trading doubles is as far as it goes for some people.

I like these cards but if I can only afford 2 or 3 packs, which is my budget, I'm not going to purchase packs with blind items and maybe get none of the autographs I want. I will wait to see the single cards at auction and pick them up eventually.

Premium packs seem to be shaping up as all or nothing thing for me. You take a whole box or you buy individual cards, and I can't do a box. Wink

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ditto to everything bacall1 said i have been thinking the same thing the base cards are actually alot more rare then the autos but i know most ppl dont cards about that. i would love to see all the signer do the same amount of card my ultimate fear would be there being one auto that falls one every three boxes or something and dealers getting them and want the price of a box at least for it.

raven i understand where you are comeing from to i have passed on alot of sets lately and thankfully i never got into lost or heroes. the large payment at once does suck but thats what CC are for jk i try to sell alot of my stuff but it seems like no one ever wants to buy it unless you are giveing it away if it cost me as much to ship a card as it does to sell it what is the point. i will have at least 17 doubles so hit me up when the time comes. this is the first premium pack format that i recall have a box also all the other premium packs that i can think of were sketch card releated.

Posts: 230 | Location: pa | Registered: March 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This format could promote more trading of cards than before. It will for sure save dealers a lot of time when it comes to opening packs. I hope they find away to put the packs in the boxes randomly so that packs cant be cherry picked.

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
idk how they can cherry pick since there are 2 autos in each pack and there are no costume cards.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nick9819:
idk how they can cherry pick since there are 2 autos in each pack and there are no costume cards.

I as saying that lets say the 3rd pack from the back always contains the best autograph, people can open a box and pick out that pack every time. they not open the rest and sell them off.

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i guess there is a chance of that. but i am hopeing that there is not a really rare card which is the best auto, spartacus, there are still a lot of other great autos, and to find that out if all the cards are in the same spot you would have to open multiple boxes. i have faith in RA its not there first time around the block for them. if there were prop or swatch cards it maybe a different story. i might just be too trusting.
i cant wait for this set

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
I would say there is good chances that Lawless and Whitfield will be rarer.

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavidDeb:
I would say there is good chances that Lawless and Whitfield will be rarer.

If this is so it might make me regret the decision to go for a whole box. I really want the master set of this and without Andy Whitfield's autograph in my set it doesn't hold as much meaning for me. I hate to have to spend the money for a box and still end up chasing extra autographs when I will already have at least 18 duplicates myself. Based on the breakdown of 200 boxes and 15 packs per box with 2 autographs per pack and 12 signers this would give us 500 of each signer if they all sign at the same rate. If this is so it will be funny that there would be more autograph sets and more chase sets than there would be base sets. The base set will become the chase set for this release. I don't think I will be throwing away my duplicate base cards for this release. Definitely will promote some trading. I can't wait to get more details for this set and hopefully Steve will get us a binder for this set. It definite needs one to store the set in if it is going to be that hard to obtain one.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
even if they are rare i hope there is at least one per box they could each do 200 and it would still make one per box. i guess only time will tell a binder would be awesome too put a cool blood splatter effect on it.

posted Hide Post
Here is the message Steve just added to the Rittenhouse website:

No guarantees in any one box, BUT...you will almost certainly get a full set out of a box. The are more than 200 of each autograph, and there are only 200 boxes.

Hopefully the message I am getting is not all boxes will contain the same exact cards but all will have a master set in them. Anyone have any other interpretations?

posted Hide Post
I read that most boxes should have at least 1 master set of autographs per box, possibly 2. But if you don't get one of each autograph, you cannot complain! Big Grin

Posts: 275 | Location: California | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
i think this set will be great and hoping that there will be a follow up set for the prequel especially as Jamie murray is in the new series! Big Grin

Posts: 353 | Location: uk | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Unfortunatly Jamie Murray is not known for signing trading cards, re- Dexter.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glim:
I read that most boxes should have at least 1 master set of autographs per box, possibly 2. But if you don't get one of each autograph, you cannot complain! Big Grin

you cant get 2 mastersets since the base set is 26 cards and you will only get 30 base cards in a box

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
Lets hope these are the last 2 autos

Peter Mensah Doctore
Craig Parker Claudius Glaber

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post