Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    HBO Spartacus trading cards
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HBO Spartacus trading cards
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I broke a case last night and pulled both these "Gods of the Arena" auto cards. They may be the only two. I was very impressed with the quality of the cards, nice.

Posts: 146 | Location: San Diego | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Notice again with this trading card product,(on ebay)it's the girlie auto's that are getting the battling bids,Erin Cummings and Katrina Law (both supporting roles) are way outbidding the shows male monkey's.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

There is no sign of any other GOTA Variant cards on eBay or in any box breaks I have seen.

I have still to receive my packs but is any other variants appear i am sure it will be posted here.

There is an auction offering two different signatures by Viva Bianca on eBay (signed with an XO and without) but I have yet to see a scan of any card with the XO.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Someone has a master set up that has both Viva cards. All she did was wrote "XO" in the lower right hand corner of the card. I don't really consider that a variant. There is an Antonio auto up with all kinds of strange lines all over the card. It's really different! He had some fun with these. It is cool that he "doodled" on the cards. Gives them some extra appeal I haven't opened my box yet. Waiting to see how the box breaks go. I just might sit on it for a while.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: beamer,

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by william291077:
Howdy,

There is no sign of any other GOTA Variant cards on eBay or in any box breaks I have seen.

I have still to receive my packs but is any other variants appear i am sure it will be posted here.

There is an auction offering two different signatures by Viva Bianca on eBay (signed with an XO and without) but I have yet to see a scan of any card with the XO.

TTFN

she signed a lot with XO i pulled two of each

there are some crazy Antonio autos, it looks like he had alot of fun doing his autos

Posts: 230 | Location: pa | Registered: March 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

I have seen a few of the Viva Bianca cards scanned with the 'XO' in the corner now.

I have seen quite a few different scans of the Antonin Te Maioha with his doodles on them all quite cool.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
I tought to show you guys some bonus cards released by Starz. They complete the binder well. Foils from SDCC 08 and Embossed from 2011 Starz's promo cards and hardcover binder GOTA. They are also pictured at Starz Spartacus website in the card section. the bonus card in the binder is kinda 3D and transparent.

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
The GOTA cards with the folder look awesome! Where did you find these?

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Soul-on-Fire:
The GOTA cards with the folder look awesome! Where did you find these?

we discussed that on last page few months ago, I found them on ebay, very few sellers had them.
It seems they are promo cards from what we can see on Spartacus website in 'card' section
they are made by Starz
not sure about the distribution still

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
David,
I looked on the Starz website and could not find the cards. Can you help direct me to the right place? Do you have a link?
Thanks

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beamer:
David,
I looked on the Starz website and could not find the cards. Can you help direct me to the right place? Do you have a link?
Thanks

http://spartacus.ausxip.com/
from there you click on 'Image and Art' on the main black and white bar -) Main Image Gallery -) Trading Cards

posted Hide Post
I contacted Starz about getting a set directly from and was told they were not for sale but were given to larger accounts for distribution to customers. Looks like an enterprising person has intercepted a large number and are selling on ebay. They were entended to be give aways.

Posts: 146 | Location: San Diego | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CardFan:
I contacted Starz about getting a set directly from and was told they were not for sale but were given to larger accounts for distribution to customers. Looks like an enterprising person has intercepted a large number and are selling on ebay. They were entended to be give aways.

yeah, looks like it
as the SDCC ones, they are a 'promo' set, certainly not for resale
but there is no other way of getting them...and I wanted one. Paid 40$ I believe with 'binder' n all cards. But like any promo, if you aren't at the event they are given, you must pay for them...

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavidDeb:
quote:
Originally posted by CardFan:

yeah, looks like it
as the SDCC ones, they are a 'promo' set, certainly not for resale
but there is no other way of getting them...and I wanted one. Paid 40$ I believe with 'binder' n all cards. But like any promo, if you aren't at the event they are given, you must pay for them...

Ding Dong Diddly!! Now I'm gonna have to hunt me up set. Perhaps it was better off before I even knew these were out there. Nah. Big Grin

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
I just got the link to some Hungarian magazine that apparently contains Spartacus cards in playing card design:

http://cnbce.com/Dergi.aspx

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post