Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    HBO Spartacus trading cards
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HBO Spartacus trading cards
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
I also must post my opinion on Premium Packs
if thats what it takes to get these cards out and for companies to make a profit
then i can't complain
we are getting sets that don't have mass appeal
and I am grateful for these cards
its the card companies that take all the risks here

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Robert Kohlbus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:
Whoa, it says she's signing 2000 of them. Either that's a typo, or a lot of people will get getting packs with cards signed by Erin Cummings! Smile

That was a typo. Erin is signing less than a third of that amount of autograph cards.

Posts: 279 | Location: Jenkintown, PA | Registered: December 10, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
hey robert since you are in the info giving mood who are the last two signers for spartacus

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if I am allowed to post this, since it's still live but on this auction page we all love to hate someone is offering a 10 card Spartacus Gods of the Arena set. Is this legit?

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Soul-on-Fire:
I'm not sure if I am allowed to post this, since it's still live but on this auction page we all love to hate someone is offering a 10 card Spartacus Gods of the Arena set. Is this legit?

I know which cards you are talking about. I've contacted the seller and he told me that they were a promotional item given out by Starz to cable companies.
He has sold quite a few sets so far, no idea how he got his hands on so many of them (unless he works for one of the cable companies that supposedly received them).

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I won the auction at $9.99 and since I am from Canada the seller cancel the transaction. I am fade up with the US only Frown

Canada is just aside so I don't understand...

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
I won the auction at $9.99 and since I am from Canada the seller cancel the transaction. I am fade up with the US only Frown

Canada is just aside so I don't understand...

that's way to dangerous to ship in Canada...it might get lost and they might need to replace it with their infinite source of cards that we don't know where they came from...Wink

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
that's way to dangerous to ship in Canada...it might get lost and they might need to replace it with their infinite source of cards that we don't know where they came from...

Well maybe but I even offer to pay for tracking the cards and he refused, I would not buy from this guy anyway, too weird.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
Same here. I am from the Netherlands and he cancelled my transaction too.

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
the cards are indeed authentic Starz release, they appear on the Spartacus main page in the trading card section, just like the SDCC release for the season 1. They posted them recently. But their distribution is mysterious.
http://spartacus.ausxip.com/mu...l=Trading_Cards#spgm

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavidDeb:
the cards are indeed authentic Starz release, they appear on the Spartacus main page in the trading card section, just like the SDCC release for the season 1. They posted them recently. But their distribution is mysterious.
http://spartacus.ausxip.com/mu...l=Trading_Cards#spgm

Nice to see that they're authentic.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Just noticed that this is the current list of signiners on scifihobby. Just one more autograph to go...

Andy Whitfield (Spartacus)
Lucy Lawless (Lucretia)
John Hannah (Batiatus)
Viva Bianca (Ilithyia)
Jai Courtney (Varro)
Lesley-Ann Brandt (Naevia)
Erin Cummings (Sura)
Katrina Law (Mira)
Nick Tarabay (Ashur)
Manu Bennett (Crixus)
Antonio Te Maioha (Barca)

Posts: 275 | Location: California | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
I believe that this is now the complete list

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
they also changed it to 11 autos from 12

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Great selection of signers, Might have to get a few more packs ordered.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just heard that a binder will be released with this set as well.

Posts: 26 | Location: San Jose, CA | Registered: July 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

I heard about the binder as well. I received an email this morning asking me if I would like a binder (with Promo) added to my order.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of G6ADC
posted Hide Post
How much is the binder?

Posts: 767 | Location: Coventry, UK | Registered: July 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

The one I agreed to buy cost me £20.99, I don't know if you can get it cheaper but considering what I have had to pay in the past, for binders to be shipped from the US, I was quite happy.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
The cards have begun appearing on ebay and for the Barca character, there is a Gods of The Arena autograph card as well as his Blood and Sand one. We saw from the twitter picture Lesley-Ann Brandt posted that she must have signed a Gods of The Arena version as well. I wonder how many characters have Gods of the Arena versions. There is no checklist at Rittenhouse yet so I guess we will find out soon enough! Can't wait to get my box!

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post