Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars: The Force Awakens
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted
Topps is planning for two series. First (December release) will focus on characters and some of story. Second will be plot-based.

Autographs, sketch cards, medallions, foils and stickers among the inserts.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
I'd expect the sets to be handled the way they did the Lord of the Rings sets with the first set using a lot of the imagery from the trailers and publicity materials while the second would have a lot of the spoiler type stuff from the actual film.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Other than the 4 boxes of Game of Thrones 4 I bought with my tax refund, I am not buying anything else this year in order to save my entire card budget for this (assuming autographs are seeded at a reasonable rate and not something like 2:case).

Topps gets a lot of criticism (well deserved at times) but those LOTR sets are the pinnacle of non-sport to me, and I think the Star Wars Evolution sets are also among the best sets ever made -- when they want to they can make amazing sets, and I can't see why they wouldn't want to with Episode VII.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
This seems rather different to the way they handled the prequel sets. I have too say I long to go back to those days for Star Wars sets, these are after all this is new material they are producing a set for and not sets after the fact like the more recent sets that focus more on premium inserts.

These are the sets I would like to see (obviously released a few months apart):

ONE standard set, similar in chase card make to ROTS without the gimicky parallel and high end stuff.
A Widevsion set, again using ROTS as the holy grail.
A 3D factory set much like the recent ROTJ set.

The Rebels set recently released did a top job of producing a set in new material and resisted going too far with the inserts. Albeit this was set with kids in mind it would work great for the TFA set with a few extra chase sets of the non hit variety.

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post